Gate Portal colors

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Dono

Gate Portal colors

Post by Dono »

Hi, first of all, my best wishes for all of you in this new year, and thanks Derrick and other staff member for this great server, really.

I wanted to start this suggestion because I was wondering WHY are the gate portals always BLUE, this is not how I remember it was, and even now is as it was ( I play on OSI Europa, except Trammel, of course. ) it is. Well, to the point, Gate Portals created on Felucca (i know this era is only felucca) and/or Terrain Out Of The Protection Of The City Guards were color RED, and alerts you if it is dangerous or not to go in (like inside dungeons), just wanted to know if there is a reason that this is like it is now, or am i wrong with my thoughs.

thanks in advance, and excuse my english :)

Code: Select all

How do you kill that which has no life?

Jaster

Re: Gate Portal colors

Post by Jaster »

Weren't red until Trammel came out ... Differen't colored gates came out with moonstones first, then when you were allowed to recall and gate between fel/trammel, the gate colors changed.

Dono

Post by Dono »

Jaster wrote:Weren't red until Trammel came out ... Differen't colored gates came out with moonstones first, then when you were allowed to recall and gate between fel/trammel, the gate colors changed.

Ok so i misunderstood it... well, could be a good suggestion anyways, at least the part when the gate destination is out of guard protection and/or inside dungeon...

ill leave it as a suggestion then.

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Smells noob to me, not to mention out of era.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Dono

Post by Dono »

DrFaustus wrote:Smells noob to me, not to mention out of era.
i don't understand your point on "smelling noob" tho even on Ultima 7 red portals do exist, not trying to change game mechanics, im just suggesting, i know it is not era accurate, obviously already clarified, but oh well this thing is not breaking your economy, i find it very useful IMO.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Unfortunately the red moongate system was introduced in mid to late UOR, and only denoted moongates between facets. Since it it out of the purview of this server's time frame, it is highly unlikely that this will ever see any implementation.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org