Patch 5.0.8.4

Tyranthaxis

Patch 5.0.8.4

Post by Tyranthaxis »

I install from UO Gold and patch to 5.0.8.3, took awhile.
then I go and log in, I get a Windows Illegal Operation Window and Razor/UO Shuts off.... I log back in and Im not fast enuff to cancel the install of 5.0.8.4 so thats how Ive been playing for the last week. Works great.... every once and awhile certain toons come on the screeen and I get the "Windows Illegal Operation" window again and I crash...Like I said not a huge problem but I was wtfpwned by monsters on my provoker, when a tamer passed by me.

My question is there a way to shave off patches? or lock UO down to a particular patch? I apologize if this has been covered, I did run a search twice.

Derrick

Re: Patch 5.0.8.4

Post by Derrick »

Tyranthaxis wrote:I install from UO Gold and patch to 5.0.8.3, took awhile.
then I go and log in, I get a Windows Illegal Operation Window and Razor/UO Shuts off.... I log back in and Im not fast enuff to cancel the install of 5.0.8.4 so thats how Ive been playing for the last week. Works great.... every once and awhile certain toons come on the screeen and I get the "Windows Illegal Operation" window again and I crash...Like I said not a huge problem but I was wtfpwned by monsters on my provoker, when a tamer passed by me.

My question is there a way to shave off patches? or lock UO down to a particular patch? I apologize if this has been covered, I did run a search twice.
the 5.0.8.4 patch is fine, there's very little difference. A lot of people run 5.0.9.x too
It's really just the 6.x + patches that have some major map differences.

The more direct answer to your question is no though, the only way to "downgrade" is to reinstall.