No T2A mounts in old lands? Nightmares?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Naljier

Re: No T2A mounts in old lands? Nightmares?

Post by Naljier »

you could get them out through green acres or if you were a noob you could tame one, mount, and click 'take my noob ass to Haven' button

didnt affect nightmares though, you could always take them out of T2A far back as i can remember

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Much of this has been discussed before. There were definitely ways of bringing new lands tames back to the old lands, although GMs would often delete them on sight. As to what was allowed through the portals, the signs were always far more dire than reality.

For an older thread that touches on most of this:
viewtopic.php?p=176155#p176155

s20dan

Post by s20dan »

I do recall losing pets at the Vesper GY/ T2A portal at some point its a memory that always stuck, but I certainly don't recall my horse getting left behind at the recsu/recdu mage shops. But that could just be that it took me a long time to find the recsu/recdu spot and by that time any pet could be taken.
Only way I heard of to get one out.
On Europa I'm rather sure that pets could be taken through the trinsic/delucia passage, much like they are now in UOSA.

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

s20dan wrote:I do recall losing pets at the Vesper GY/ T2A portal at some point its a memory that always stuck, but I certainly don't recall my horse getting left behind at the recsu/recdu mage shops. But that could just be that it took me a long time to find the recsu/recdu spot and by that time any pet could be taken.
Only way I heard of to get one out.
On Europa I'm rather sure that pets could be taken through the trinsic/delucia passage, much like they are now in UOSA.
That's how I remember people did it on Atlantic, GMs deleted them on sight and if you had a mount you weren't supposed you were usually followed by 4 people constantly complaining and submitting support tickets to have it deleted

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

t2a mounts were only illegal in the old world when other people didn't have the expansion and art. Then eventually they added the art, so people weren't riding invisible mounts to the vanilla UO people(it happened). I believe eventually t2a was open to all too, or am I wrong?

This is what I remember anyway.

I always saw mares at the bank during the mid-later t2a era especially, doesn't anyone remember the banksitters? the recsu/recsu was the spot where you lost your mount only while people didn't have t2a art.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

all you had to do was bring a mare to the papua mage shop, dismount it

recsu over to glow

use help stuck to where-ever

recdu back across

get on mare

help im stuck teleports you randomly to somewhere in old lands ;/
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

The only reason people would see invisible mounts was because they didn't have the T2A expansion. No GMs were deleting mounts, what are you people talking about? It had nothing to do with them being illegal in old lands, it had to do with you guys not having the T2A client..... T2A mounts we're ridable in the old lands. Like we have now, there were just certain areas where you could bring them through........
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Mirage wrote:The only reason people would see invisible mounts was because they didn't have the T2A expansion. No GMs were deleting mounts, what are you people talking about? It had nothing to do with them being illegal in old lands, it had to do with you guys not having the T2A client..... T2A mounts we're ridable in the old lands. Like we have now, there were just certain areas where you could bring them through........
At least for a while it was considered an exploit to bring t2a expansion creatures back into the old lands, though it was slowly relaxed. I imagine they were "illegal" precisely because many people did not have the graphics, which no doubt led to thousands of pages regarding seeing people floating around. In any case, at least on Atlantic, they did delete the new mounts quite regularly -- no one bank sat for long on one.

And if you read the post I linked earlier, at one point rideable llamas appear not to have been re-mountable in the old lands during some period in there. However, the largest issue as I see it, is preventing old lands creatures from freely using the entrances -- which should be possible at all of them.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Indeed it was considered an exploit but hardly enforced. Very nitpicky subject.

Maybe we can get judge Dredd to follow nightshark around and jail him when he gets on a mare in old lands.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS