2.5 second hally hits with 25 dex mages is NEA

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Missedsomuch

2.5 second hally hits with 25 dex mages is NEA

Post by Missedsomuch »

here is patch note

Update 1
On February 26, 1999, the following was published:

An exploit for getting slow weapons to hit faster has been fixed.

http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_-_February_24,_1999

Well it is easy to guess which exploit was fixed.

Missedsomuch

Re: 2.5 second hally hits with 25 dex mages is NEA

Post by Missedsomuch »

+

http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_-_February_2,_1999

Equipping a weapon now causes a short "prep time" before you can start swinging.

No patch notes changing that from that point.

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

You're correct about the hally cycle exploit, but how exactly the hally worked in t2a is something we need to find out.

As of now, if you dislike hally spam mages there are certainly ways to counter them. Feel free to PM me if you want some tips.

Equipping a weapon now causes a short "prep time" before you can start swinging.

*edited. The hit delay after equipping is a seperate mechanic from the object delay.
Last edited by Halbu on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Missedsomuch

Post by Missedsomuch »

Halbu wrote:
I believe this is already in UOSA, it's the "object delay". Correct me if I'm wrong.
Still Hally mages were never able to swing Hallys with speed of 100 DEX fighter ( with full stamina). I was Hally mage in T2A era, it was best template. But not that much as here, and there were a lot of DEX + INT variations which is useless here when u can swing with fastest possible speed with 25 DEX.

Not to mention that dexer can't even hit mage while he's doing mini-heals.

LoL i never thought that i would ever complaining about weak dexers. While i hated them in actual era. But PVP isn't about tank-mages.

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

Missedsomuch wrote:
Halbu wrote:
I believe this is already in UOSA, it's the "object delay". Correct me if I'm wrong.
Still Hally mages were never able to swing Hallys with speed of 100 DEX fighter ( with full stamina). I was Hally mage in T2A era, it was best template. But not that much as here, and there were a lot of DEX + INT variations which is useless here when u can swing with fastest possible speed with 25 DEX.
I know, I was referring to the "object delay" that is in. Whenever you equip the hally, before it can swing there is a half second delay. This has nothing to do with the hally cycling exploit.

But as far as the exploit goes. Yes you can swing very fast at 25 dex by cycling, but it's not the 'fastest'. You can actually cycle faster with 35 dex(and higher).

However, all you need to do to counter someone with higher dex is run in circles until you're hally is ready so you don't wrestle them on accident. It's not a cheap tactic at all considering mages aren't warriors and are supposed to be casting spells and meditating more than hitting with the weapon in the first place.

In t2a, the hally was something used as a finisher or a strategic hit in spell combinations(there are more than people think, it's not just explosion+e bolt).

In real t2a, if the hally didn't hit, people didn't fret. Simply try again, people in 1998 had more mana at their disposal because the hally cycle bug wasn't around to be abused. Thus players weren't wasting all their mana healing hally hits, over and over again. You could even say mages were more effective in real t2a, they are still effective now though. If...you know how to counter hally spammers, especially the 35 dex mages.

Missedsomuch

Post by Missedsomuch »

Exactly! One Insta hit hally swing was always a finisher after mana burst! And no one in his mind would hally fight dexer.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Missedsomuch wrote:here is patch note

Update 1
On February 26, 1999, the following was published:

An exploit for getting slow weapons to hit faster has been fixed.

http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_-_February_24,_1999

Well it is easy to guess which exploit was fixed.
Only if it were that simple... read the thousand other discussions in the past few years that has been posted about this topic.

Shane Dog

Post by Shane Dog »

Faust wrote:Only if it were that simple... read the thousand other discussions in the past few years that has been posted about this topic.

You forgot your trademark 3 letter word.

Faust wrote:Only if it were that simple... read the thousand other discussions in the past few years that has been posted about this topic, son.

There....ftfy
"A wise man makes no mistakes; yet, mistakes make a man wise" ~ self quote 2001

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

2.5sec swing is nothing there is a trick u can swing it like every sec
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Faust

Post by Faust »

Shane Dog wrote:
Faust wrote:Only if it were that simple... read the thousand other discussions in the past few years that has been posted about this topic, son.
There....ftfy
Well son of a son, thanks son.