Pure Warrior Template and Armor

Moderator: Support Moderators

captainphatty

Pure Warrior Template and Armor

Post by captainphatty »

I am working on making a character with the Pure Warrior Template (http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Templates#Pure_Warrior). For armor, I was assuming full plate and a shield would be the best for the most AR, as I am not worried about meditation. Poking around on vendors I am seeing a ton of chain and ringmail full suits for sale, and very little in terms of full plate setups.

What is benefit of having a suit like that, and why are they so popular on vendors? Is full plate the way to go?

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Pure Warrior Template and Armor

Post by Jill Stihl »

Wearing plate armour items causes dexterity loss. Chainmail items don't so they are a popular choice even if it does mean less AR.

Not many reasons to choose ringmail over chainmail though, maybe cost or appearance.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

You might want a combination of both (what I use on one of my warriors). Use plate chest (because it takes the most hits) and plate arms and gorget, as they have the least dex loss, and still provide a better amount of AR, and chain/ring the rest. As far as helmets go, try closed helms, norse helms, or the open faced helmet. Those provide the best AR and no dex loss.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

captainphatty wrote: Poking around on vendors I am seeing a ton of chain and ringmail full suits for sale, and very little in terms of full plate setups.

We always keep plate stocked. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=35780

Return to “New Player Help”