Haven't logged in UO for years

Moderator: Support Moderators

Missedsomuch

Haven't logged in UO for years

Post by Missedsomuch »

Hi guys!

Was UO player on europe and drachenfeld shards in late T2A and early UO:R ( Late 1998-2002). Since that i missed that game so much. Even tried to play some other MMORPG, but never enjoyed them.

I don't know yet if i will stay here for long. But thank you guys for giving a huge dose of nostalgia, which i am pretty sure i would not recieve if i tried to play on modern OSI.

P.S

Forget to mention:

Can't wait for the moment when my noob charecter will be PKed. As my brightest memories of my early UO experience is gang squats outside of Britannia killing my noob character :lol:

+ one question. Which skill or skills i can sacrifice in fighting thief template, to have 35.1 magery to recall with scrolls, while not hurting my performence badly.

It's

GM hiding
Gm stealing
Gm snooping
Gm tactics
Gm anatomy
Gm healing
Gm Swords

But i want to fit 35.1 magery somehow.

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Haven't logged in UO for years

Post by Jill Stihl »

Welcome aboard.

My 2p - Dropping Anatomy by 35 would make very little difference to damage done/hit points healed* and still be enough for curing poison. I'd probably drop it from there out of the skills you've listed.

*Each 10 anatomy skill is worth a 2% damage bonus and an average of about 2 points of damage healed.

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Anatomy

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Healing

Missedsomuch

Post by Missedsomuch »

Thx for your tips.

Was thinking of that but wasn't sure how Anatomy worked on healing/combat skills.
As for ability to ressurect others, it's definitely out of my planned character needs :)

SethTersius

Post by SethTersius »

GM Magery Med and Wrestling will be much more beneficial than swords anatomy and tactics.

Other than wrestling I have never had a fighting skill on my thieves and I have never wished for them. Unless you also plan to PvM with your thief and hes sort of going to be a dexer too, in which case knock yourself out.

There are tons of templates for thieves, and I find a use for each, but for your basic thief I wouldnt worry about fighting skills personally. Other than wrestling.

PS if hes your only thief youre going to hate relying on scrolls, and wish you could gate. IMO.

Missedsomuch

Post by Missedsomuch »

Well i can transit into magery anytime if i dislike current template. But as i just started on this shard i need cheap weapon skills so i can earn some gold.

Never was Thief on OSI pre UO:R and always wanted to :)

Return to “New Player Help”