dungeon chest PKed

Moderator: Support Moderators

apmcd

dungeon chest PKed

Post by apmcd »

i was 2 times killed tonight by Veritas, after i had picked the lock on the lvl 4 dungeon chest and opened it form afar with telekenisis i go up to it and BOOM what is he doing and how do i conter it? second time i used tele twice and still got blown up when i went to the chest

apmcd

Re: dungeon chest PKed

Post by apmcd »

anyone know what this is or should i report it to bugs? i thought the second telekenisis would save me but it didnt.. i dont know if its something to do with spawned chests or what... really makes me unhappy though.. i dont even want to play right now.. just want to find out WTF this guy did i assume it was a tinker.. but does only one trap go off if you use tele? idk

a_llama

Post by a_llama »

I would guess that your razor is auto opening a trapped box but Im not sure

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I know what he is doing XD
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

A couple of things:

1.- You don't need to telekinesis dungeon chests, as if you stand 1 tile back and open them, the explotion will not damage you.
2.- He might be dropping GM tinker trapped chests (or stealth trapping them on the go AFTER you telekinesis the first time) and that way insta killing you. That way you think you're picking a dungeon chest, when in reality, it's a trapped chest. My advice is to single click the chest AFTER you pick it and make sure it says "a treasure chest" that way you know it is a dungeon chest, and not a tinker trapped chest.

EDIT: Also, in the "Display/Counters" tab in razor, make sure you have the "Auto Search New Containers" option unchecked.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

apmcd

Post by apmcd »

please enlighten me if you do know for sure, thanks for the tips though i have the auto search option off now and will see what happens

still.. so is he unlocking the chest, putting a trapped container in there and magic lock/trapping the chest again?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I am not sure by any means. But it would be possible to do in your described scenario. He is either probably hidding right by the chest so that when you pick it, and telekinesis it, he drops a trapped container inside and hope you have auto-search checked, OR, he is using a normal crafted wooden chest, trapping and locking it, and placing it on the dungeon's floor, so as when you come to the dungeon, see a chest locked, you pick it (as you would a normal dungeon chest), run away, telekinesis, and while you are doing all of that, he is still hidden next to the chest, and as soon as you telekinesis, he retraps, so that when you open (thinking you're safe), you blow up.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

You can tinker trap spawning chests as they are lockable.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

If someone is trapping chests on the field they are a fcking hero. I never thought of doing that.

Also after very little time, they will turn red, making them a legit pk template! Awesome!
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:You can tinker trap spawning chests as they are lockable.
I didn't know that.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

son wrote:If someone is trapping chests on the field they are a fcking hero. I never thought of doing that.

Also after very little time, they will turn red, making them a legit pk template! Awesome!
The stealth tinker was recently popularized by Jack of Shadows, I believe. He had a thread in ToA, but I can't find it now. Removed to conceal his MO, no doubt.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I had a lockpicker trap remover, house looter stealth tinker sabateur here long long time ago...about the same time spawning chests became trappable XD
I was one of the guys pressuring Derrick to put it in because of this template

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

son wrote:If someone is trapping chests on the field they are a fcking hero. I never thought of doing that.

For some reason, I thought you didn't get a count if you trapped a chest that wasn't in your pack. But maybe this only applies to mobile chests?

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

Mikel123 wrote:

For some reason, I thought you didn't get a count if you trapped a chest that wasn't in your pack. But maybe this only applies to mobile chests?
I'm fairly sure the chest has to be trapped on the floor of your house to avoid being eligible for counts. I don't know if being co-owned/friended is enough (anyone?) as my tinker owns the house I use.

Edit -

Assuming the wiki entry is correct....
The tinker that makes a trap cannot be given a murder count (when an innocent is killed by it) ONLY IF he traps the box while it is on the floor of a house which he is at least friended to. If he traps while it is on the ground outside of his house, or if it is in another container a murder count can be given to him.
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Tinker_traps
Last edited by Jill Stihl on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Friend/coowned will do the trick. The wiki is correct.