Help me create a toon.

Moderator: Support Moderators

noneofus

Help me create a toon.

Post by noneofus »

Hi Guys,

I used to play UO way back in the day. I want to create a PvP toon. Not sure where to start. Would like the toon to be a Ninja. Melee based and hopefully be able to dual wield. I'd like to also be able to rob from the rich and give to the poor. Which abilities do I need to train up? Are there any good starting guides?

Thanks!

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Help me create a toon.

Post by Jill Stihl »

Welcome to UOSA.

There are a few common templates here - http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Templates

The Wiki, forums and IRC (link at top left) are all good sources of further info for character builds and a wealth of other stuff :)

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Hi noneofus! Welcome to the shard!

You might run into the term "NEA" around the forums... you will type it into google, and come up with no definition that makes sense in the context. The definition is "Not Era-Accurate". It applies to things that were added to UO as the games was patched over the years (things that didn't exist in the T2A--The Second Age--era, which is ~1999; unfortunately (at least with respect to your plans on a character build) Ninjas and dual wield came many years after the T2A era of UO, and are therefore not supported on this server.

Don't despair, though! In spite of the fact that "mechanical" support for such things does not exist on this server, I am absolutely convinced that it is the best era to play in--you have a ton of latitude to do what you would like (e.g. stealing from anybody you want), which simply did not exist after the T2A era ended and Trammel (aka care-bear land) was introduced.

Enjoy!
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

noneofus

Post by noneofus »

Great to hear! I was actually kidding about the Ninja part :) I'm really more interested in creating a Melee toon as opposed to magic.. Are melee toons viable in PvP? Any recommendations on what skills to stay away from?

Cheers.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Melee toons ARE viable. Typical skills for a PvP warrior would include:

Weapon Skill
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Resisting Spells

The other 2 skills are subject to debate

Some people like Parry, Magery, Hiding, Tracking, Eval and even Meditation.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

noneofus

Post by noneofus »

As far as skills go.. is it possible to max out everything?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

No, there is a skill cap of 700, and a stat cap of 225. Gotta choose how to best assign those points.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Return to “New Player Help”