Why am I not gaining?

Moderator: Support Moderators

Deziredvisions

Why am I not gaining?

Post by Deziredvisions »

I have two chars in my house wrestling with an extra char for healing. I have one of my guys tabbed out so he does not fight back and the other guy is wrestling him, with the other guy healing. I am stuck at 36.2 and not gaining. have available skill pts, unlocked, only thing I think maybe is that The guy that is wrestling is at 700 skill pts. maybe that slows gains down, but still he is only in the 30's. any idea?

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Why am I not gaining?

Post by Light Shade »

Deziredvisions wrote:I have two chars in my house wrestling with an extra char for healing. I have one of my guys tabbed out so he does not fight back and the other guy is wrestling him, with the other guy healing. I am stuck at 36.2 and not gaining. have available skill pts, unlocked, only thing I think maybe is that The guy that is wrestling is at 700 skill pts. maybe that slows gains down, but still he is only in the 30's. any idea?
You will gain much faster by wrestling NPC Paladins as opposed to wrestling your own characters.

-L/S
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Why am I not gaining?

Post by the bazookas »

Yea, paladins pwn. I tried gaining off of other characters when I first came to UOSA (b/c it worked during other eras), but it does NOT work here (so don't waste time with it).

This is what I do:

Hire a paladin or a fighter--Note that ~800 gold is a good amount to give since 1 day UO time is like 2 hours real time, and you really want them to stay hired for some time--if they go un-hired while you are beating on them, they will start attacking back and kill you (tavern south of west brit bank is a good place to find one). Then run somewhere that you can still "see" the NPC, but there is a space between you even when you tell them to follow you (the "bar" in the tavern south of West Brit Bank is a good place to hide behind). Say "all guard me"--the NPC becomes grey to you. Hide. While hidden, attack that NPC. Then walk over to them (do NOT reattack them)--you will find that they do not attack you back. Never re-attack the unless you are hidden and at least 1 space away from them or they will attack back. Then you can bring them to your house or to a low-traffic location, and just set up a razor macro to bandage them every 30 seconds. If you have 100 dex, you should GM your weapon skills in a day or two of macroing.

ALSO:

This isn't related, but it's so important, I think it's important to bring it up anywhere that a new player might find it:

Razor comes with an option selected by default that sounds like a good idea, but it only makes gameplay jumpy and gives you an overall laggy feel:

Go to General Tab, and UNCHECK the "Use Smart CPU Usage" option. Makes gameplay much more smooth. I didn't know about this for like 2 months until somebody finally pointed it out to me.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Return to “New Player Help”