New Windmere Anniversary Events

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Pirul

Re: New Windmere Anniversary Events

Post by Pirul »

2v2 Touranment:
Some screenshots from our 2v2 tournament:
2v2 1.JPG
2v2 2.JPG
2v2 3.JPG
2v2 3.JPG (130.79 KiB) Viewed 1708 times
2v2 4.JPG
Guerrilla and JackWhite defeated Stonerface and that one chick for the championship!!
2v2 Winners.JPG
2v2 Trophy Award.JPG
2v2 Trophy Award.JPG (32.46 KiB) Viewed 1708 times
Tamer Duels Big Game:
TDBG 1.JPG
TDBG 2.JPG
Final matche got underway with Cow quickly double Flame Striking a, and a responding poisoning Cow, making for a very interesting fight!!
TDBG Final Mid.JPG
At the end, only one creature could emerge victorious (and to the winner the spoils!!):
TDBG Winner.JPG
I hope everyone had fun!!
Last edited by Pirul on Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Just a reminder that tonight is the big finale for our week of events.

First up: LAST MAN STANDING
Rules:
- Only GM weps, red pots, regs and food. You will be snooped to make sure thats all you're carrying. Please leave ALL you magic gear at the bank, as well as any other items you will not use in the event.
- No hiding, no invis. If you do, you will be eliminated. (Regardless, we will be running detect bots to prevent this)
- Complete free for all, reflect, protection, buff spells, all allowed; last character to be alive will be the winner of the event.
Prize: 2 point trophy

Immediately after: TABLE TRAP CONTEST
Rules:
It is a turn based game. On a turn a player has only a few options, they are as follows:

1. A player may take one step in any direction.
2. A player may place a table in any empty adjacent tile. (a coloured cloth will be placed on each table to keep track of who placed it)
3. A player can use a hatchet

The game ends when only one player is able to continue placing tables.
The winner of the game is the player who has placed the most tables onto the game board.
If a player picks up a hatchet they have the option to smash one table (either their own or an opponents). This counts as a turn. Hatchets are a one time use only item.
Summary of rules:
On your turn you can either move your character 1 tile, place a table on any tile surrounding your character, or use a hatchet.
Players must only move on their turn and must wait for their opponents to take their turn completely.
Once you have placed a table you cannot pick it back up at any point.
You cannot place a table on a tile occupied by an opponent or a table.
You cannot step onto a tile occupied by another player.
To pick up a hatchet you must step directly onto the players starting point diagonally opposite your own.
You can only place tables directly adjacent to your player (not a tile away) <-- the table must be touching your players tile if you know what i mean, directly beside you on any of the 8 tiles.
You can test a few moves out before making your final decision (people drop tables on the wrong spot a lot by accident)
For further clarification, consult the following thread: posting.php?mode=quote&f=45&p=252627
Prize: 6 furs

I would also like to take a moment to thank all the people who have made this possible:
To Lightshade, xevec, Haywyr, and everyone else at C^V who has given up his time, ideas, gold, silver, rares, resources to help organize these events: I simply can't thank you enough. I am humbled to be in a guild with such extraordinary people.
To Derrick who has had to put up with me bothering him every night, and keeping him up later than he is used to, all to fulfill our picky requests: you rock!
To Chaos, Acceptance, Fede and all the other donors who have provided us with goods: thanks, this is why UOSA is the greatest shard! We can't wait to give your donations away in more events!!
To all the participants: thank you for showing up, we are sorry for the hiccups we've had during a couple of the events, and we sure hope to iron them out for future ones. I hope you've had fun.

And a very special mention of gratitude to Cattie. There really are no words to describe what she's done for these events and the guild as a whole. We broke your bank. We stole your time before and during the events. And you've had to put up with all of us and a ton of BS. All of this during/right after the most hectic week of the year for you IRL. All I can say is: <3 (oh, and happy birthday!!!)

Zyler
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zyler »

Here's a pic before the Saturday event started

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

C^V's week long event extravaganza has come to a conclusion. Last night had an epic battle of will, and an epic battle of witt. Here are some screenshots from both:

Last Man Standing:
The fight begins, and we have our first casualty
LMS 1st casualty.JPG
LMS 1st casualty.JPG (121.81 KiB) Viewed 1707 times
No caption really required for this...just good ol' fashioned free for all!!
LMS 2.JPG
LMS 2.JPG (96.87 KiB) Viewed 1707 times
And then there were 2
LMS final 2.JPG
And finally, only one man was left standing:
LMS Winner.JPG
His prize:
LMS Trophy.JPG
LMS Trophy.JPG (17.88 KiB) Viewed 1707 times
Table Blocking Competition:
Congratulations to Windspirit for a very well deserved win!!
Competitors lining up:
TBC Competitors.JPG
The action:
TBC 1.JPG