Eval Affect Resist Gains?

Moderator: Support Moderators

Magilla Gorilla

Eval Affect Resist Gains?

Post by Magilla Gorilla »

Does eval int affect resist gains? i was told it does but im not sure how that works because i gain resist off paralyze spell but that isnt damage based. Also eval int isnt used in the resisting spells formula. Only magery affects the chances ur target will not resist ur spell. If anyone has any information on this it would be great to know thanks.

Pirul

Re: Eval Affect Resist Gains?

Post by Pirul »

I believe it does not have the impact it is thought to be had. I think there's a post around by Mikel123 or someone that worked resist on 2 chars, one with eval, the other without, and the results were pretty much the same (I believe the 0 eval was even faster at lower levels).
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Magilla Gorilla

Ive been training up my resist with two chars that have 0 eval, and rasing magery from 80-100 using flamestrikes. My char im training resist on is getting great gains. When i trained resist on my mage that had eval, ive noticed im getting about the same amount of gains per reagent use that im getting now. Its faster using two casters, but the reagent consumption to skill gain ratio is even between the two diff types of resist gain sessions. If this makes no sense contact me, im terrible at trying to write what my brain is thinking. So bottom line is i dont think eval has an affect on gaining resist. Its actually better in my opinion to use mages with 0 eval to gain resist because its safer to not kill urself this way, and it uses less bandages.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Makes perfect sense, and is similar to what others have reported.

Thanks for looking into this.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

If eval affected gains...then meteorswarm parties would have never been thrown
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Meteor swarm parties no longer GM you since the patch. It was a given it did not affect you BEFORE the patch.

Magilla Gorilla

So my char hit 94.8 resist yesterday and I stopped my macros to get some play time in. At the end of the night I set the macro up with two mages with 0 eval and let it run for an hour and a half. I got no resist gains from this. Is it possible that at high levels of resist eva is required to get decent gains. When I first made the post I was told that magery was damage based in the sense that the more damage u resist the better u gain. It didn't make sense because of gains I gto from paralyzze. However maybe the mechanic change that was made to meteorswarm and how it affects resist gains has something to do with this. I'm going to run my macro tonight for two hours with a mage with 100 mage 100 eval and one with just 100 maage and post my results here. If anyone else has some insight pls post any information they have so we can settle this discussion.

Magilla Gorilla

So i ran the macro for about 450 flamestrike regs on char with 100 magery and 0 eval and went from 94.8 resist to 95.1 resist. Im not running macro for same amount of regs on mage with 100 mage 100 eval to test it, ill post in a few hours.

After running the macro on a char with 100 mage 100 eval, for 450 reagents i actually gained .5 resist, however, im going to discredit my test completely. I know my sample size was way too small in the sense that on test one, i didnt get my first .1 of resist until after about 200 reagents. My second .2 came at about 400 reagents. When i started my second testing, within the first 50 regs i gained .2 already. So i should have tested more reagents like 1000 and 1000. But i dont have time to do this now because its friday and ill actually get to play tonight. :)

Magilla Gorilla

Just to sum up all my testing, I recenty trained a mage that had 100 mage and eval and noticed at 95 imy gains locked up and got really slow, so I do not see a diff in resist gains between using char with 100 eval and 0 eval.

Return to “New Player Help”