Treasure Hunter

Moderator: Support Moderators

captainphatty

Treasure Hunter

Post by captainphatty »

I am planning on making a treasure hunter character. I already have a GM bard character on a second account. Would it be safe to not worry about fighting skills on my treasure hunter if I am bringing my bard along? If yes, what skills should I have on my treasure hunter?

Pirul

Re: Treasure Hunter

Post by Pirul »

Well, cartography and lockpicking are a gimme.

I'd compliment with Hiding as Stealth, as they are very useful skills for when working lockpicking in the dungeons, and to hide while the bard is working the chest.

Magery and Meditation also come in very handy so you can gate in hidden to the dungeon chests, and recover enough mana in the time you pick the chest to gate to the next one when you're done (not to mention to be able to res your bard in case something goes incredibly wrong during the treasure hunt).

You might want to have Detect Hidden up to 60 in case you want to pick a lvl5 chest before you GM lockpicking.

You might want to round out with wrestling, just so that you reduce the probability of getting interrupted with melee from monsters or PK's.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Eastwood

Re: Treasure Hunter

Post by Eastwood »

I use 2 characters to treasure hunt.

My main bard with all his wrestling, resist, eval int glory wrapped into one.

And my treasure hunter who has

Cartography
Lockpicking
Hiding
Stealth
Magery
Meditation
Wrestling

Is it necessary I dunno but I like having a hiding stealthed character around while my bard handles business.
Catskills 97-99

Return to “New Player Help”