Tales of a bazooka, Part 10: GuardianKnight vs Stablemaster

Share stories and special moments with the community.
the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Tales of a bazooka, Part 10: GuardianKnight vs Stablemaster

Post by the bazookas »

If you haven't read Part 7, 8, and 9 of the Tales of a bazooka, I recommend that you check them out through the table of contents here so you know how the bazookas finally became "masters of the stablemasters".

Where we left off, Bambi the Skara Brae stablemaster lost control and got herself guard-whacked after realizing how crappy (manurey?) her job was in comparison to the adventuring that "normal" people get to do. We also discovered that through the power of music, the true power of the stablemasters could be unleashed. We wasted no time in testing this conclusion upon the aptly-named "Rider", Bambi's short-lived replacement. Rider made short work of this Necro fellow (don't worry, GuardianKnight will have his chance at him in the near future... read on)

This was the first town-killing of a non-NPC ever to occur at the hands of a stablemaster (to our knowledge). It would be far from the last. However, we still felt that we did not know everything there was to know about the stablemeisters. We thought we would combine one of our final experiments with an adventure for Rider. We knew that taking him adventuring would certainly cause him to release his anger on all whom he saw (as Bambi did), making him the most powerful jedi...err... stablemaster... in the galaxy. Our adventure took us where no stablemaster has gone before... the final frontier... for stablemasters (Star Wars AND Star Trek references in 2 consecutive sentences... impressive...)

Needless to say, Rider absolutely pwned the denizens of Cyclops Valley.

Rather than lug him all the way back to the stable, we took advantage of the dark enchantment that Lord British cast upon him in order to "poof" him back to the Skara Brae stable where he is bound. After teleporting there ourselves, he immediately began attacking us--our adventure had worked in making him realize how terrible his job and life (thanks to the evil enchantment) was, and so he went postal. The bazookas called in our human ally known as "a big sTinker" to help Rider channel his anger to appropriate targets.

He apparently doesn't like dogs (perhaps people had too many of them in the stables?)... or maybe that was just the nearest creature in the path of his rampage. It appears that dogs are "gateway murder victims", because it didn't take long before Rider started killing NPC humans!

Rider continued his killing spree, moving up the line of NPCs until he took on what many mistakenly consider the most powerful NPC's in Britannia--the guards. Rider made short work of her with his god-like power.

It was about this time that GuardianKnight appeared. Based on our analysis of the UO forums, GuardianKnight is a pretty 1337 dude. I was concerned that Rider might have some trouble with him... but it didn't take long for Rider to put those fears to rest. Since Rider was not interested in the loot, I gladly cleaned up after him (Note that no 1337 dude is caught dead without a pillow in his possession... GuardianKnight certainly wasn't--at least on this occasion).

My utterance of "lol" caused Rider, under the influence Lord British's curse, to poof back in the stable, but it didn't take him long to come out for more mayhem.

Lord Dyvim Tvar wanted a chance to put Rider down. He lasted longer than GuardianKnight, but mostly because GuardianKnight was g-healing him...

Perhaps the greatest discovery of all was discovered by our friend "a big sTinker" in the next moment:

Indeed, I suppose it should come as no surprise that Rider was the real murderer in this scenario. Why should "a big sTinker" be given murder counts when Rider, a perfectly sentient human being, was the person one or two-shotting people with his quarter staff?

Regardless, GuardianKnight got to have a rematch with our friend Rider. He didn't get much farther this time around. However, in some way (which I still do not know how, albeit GuardianKnight claims he called the guards as a ghost which I think is not possible), the guards took care of Rider and a big sTinker--it appears that the guards' one-shot-kill capability is limited to responding to criminal events only (since Rider could easily kill MANY guards, as was seen previously).

Now that a big sTinker was proficient in guiding the stablemaster's fury, he decided to try it out on a stablemaster who wasn't "jail-broken" like Bambi and Rider were (i.e. those who had never been adventuring). He was successful. This is fortunate, since taking stablemasters adventuring is a lot of work. Of course, it must be remembered that while the stablemaster is within in town (and thus under the influence of Lord British), the initial music has no effect upon the stablemasters, so a big sTinker had to bring them to a better place to unleash their anger (the fierceness of which Eluvium experienced first hand... no pockets would be picked this time around).

After this time, the bazooka brothers and their bardic allies unleashed the fury of the stablemasters upon many an unsuspecting victim. There would probably not be room in this forum to post them all, but I will try to create a stablemaster victim archive of some kind in the future. This will serve as a memorial to the once-not-invulnerable stablemasters that proved to be the most powerful weapon ever to be within the control of the bazookas (albeit a slow and somewhat difficult to control weapon). By harnessing the stablemasters, we certainly made great strides toward our goal of protecting Britannia by wiping the human race away from it.

Until next time...
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Zeppelin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Tales of a bazooka, Part 10: GuardianKnight vs Stablemas

Post by Zeppelin »

ill be waiting until next time

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

My god GK is such a poor sport. Bazookas you are very clever !! Loved the read.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I was a pretty good sport about it considering I died the last couple times on purpose to test whether i could guard whack them. Having a stablemaster randomly attack you is kind of surprising so reporting it as a bug was my only real goal. Whether Derrick did anything about it when I told him....another story. I spent the day callign derrick and other GMs to constantly respawn the stable master.....talk about good sports. The GMs were having to clean up bazooka mess all day. I wonder if any one of them got angry.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Nidaic

Post by Nidaic »

GuardianKnight wrote:I was a pretty good sport about it considering I died the last couple times on purpose to test whether i could guard whack them.
A well covered rage there GK!!! if you just refresh pets and houses, why does the bazookas concern you SO much? Wouldn't you have done something like this on OSI when you were... "more hated than pks"? After up to 2 months of the bazookas testing the stablemasters and POSTING their results on the forums, do you think gm's don't know about the apparent glitch?
You should take your Knight In Shining Armor complex elsewhere, away from bug testing and take your griefery with you. Can I expect to see another rage post turn into an edited "." again?
* I fully support the GM's of this server and hope that the bazooka's work in developing a compilation of stablemasters issues did not inconvenience them as much as GK's messaging them hourly for help*

On TOPIC, great find with the Serpent Pillar, as well as the guard whackability of the stablemasters, odd that an NPC rather than the provoker is accused in most senses. Keep up the good work Bazooka!

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

<3 Bazookas

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

I think it's a good thing he's at least putting these issues out there.
Catskills 97-99

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Nidaic wrote:
GuardianKnight wrote:I was a pretty good sport about it considering I died the last couple times on purpose to test whether i could guard whack them.
A well covered rage there GK!!! if you just refresh pets and houses, why does the bazookas concern you SO much? Wouldn't you have done something like this on OSI when you were... "more hated than pks"? After up to 2 months of the bazookas testing the stablemasters and POSTING their results on the forums, do you think gm's don't know about the apparent glitch?
You should take your Knight In Shining Armor complex elsewhere, away from bug testing and take your griefery with you. Can I expect to see another rage post turn into an edited "." again?
* I fully support the GM's of this server and hope that the bazooka's work in developing a compilation of stablemasters issues did not inconvenience them as much as GK's messaging them hourly for help*

On TOPIC, great find with the Serpent Pillar, as well as the guard whackability of the stablemasters, odd that an NPC rather than the provoker is accused in most senses. Keep up the good work Bazooka!
I think nidaic must be new here. For a vet here to read what you just wrote, it just brings a chuckle and a funny look. Don't make a fool of yourself so easily. Choose your battles more wisely. There isn't a person here that I hold grudges against and most of my enemies are actually my friends on other characters. Your post comes from a dark place with you and I hope that as you age here a little longer, you'll grow out of the usual newbie "look at me attack a old timer" posts.

Good day sir.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

Oh no! He attacked an "Old timer"

WHAT A CRIME.

Thanks, GK, for reminding me of the reason I have you on ignore. (hit show posts because I wanted to see how you justified your acting like a brat over what Bazooka was doing).

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Vhyx wrote:Oh no! He attacked an "Old timer"

WHAT A CRIME.

Thanks, GK, for reminding me of the reason I have you on ignore. (hit show posts because I wanted to see how you justified your acting like a brat over what Bazooka was doing).
I don't even care about that...that crap happened months ago. Also I don't know who you are.
My point was that his attack post was childish. I have yet to rage or even smack talk with any of my replies to bazooka.

I honestly had to have someone link me here to verify that this happened and I just barely remembered it happening.

Why are you such a jerk anyway?

Nidaic

Post by Nidaic »

GuardianKnight wrote:
Nidaic wrote:

I think nidaic must be new here. For a vet here to read what you just wrote, it just brings a chuckle and a funny look. Don't make a fool of yourself so easily. Choose your battles more wisely. There isn't a person here that I hold grudges against and most of my enemies are actually my friends on other characters. Your post comes from a dark place with you and I hope that as you age here a little longer, you'll grow out of the usual newbie "look at me attack a old timer" posts.

Good day sir.

GK, you are 100% correct, I should redirect my "attack an old timer posts" elsewhere, to someone more deserving like Vhyx or Arsen ( cant attack someone who isn't still forum warrioring though, can't defend themselves. )
I picked my battle just fine I believe, unlike your "total shit" post about downs selling Troll Excrement. ( another post reduced to a period edit. ) How about owning up to what you've written, instead of editing out YOUR dark place :D . Keep it up with that Knight In Shining Armor complex Mr. Saint.
( PS, I was around when chum pulled the "you loot my house" in Jul. of 2011, I may not be a "vet" but of all the UO personalities I've watched on the forums yours is the only one that makes me hurl worse than a cheesy chick flick. Same feeling too.)
I shall no longer sully the great post made by the bazooka's with hellacious trash talk and calling you out on your own childishness and E-Thug holier than thou complex.
Last edited by Nidaic on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Nidaic wrote:
GuardianKnight wrote:
Nidaic wrote:

Good day sir.

GK, you are 100% correct, I should redirect my "attack an old timer posts" elsewhere, to someone more deserving like Vhyx or Arsen ( cant attack someone who isn't still forum warrioring though, can't defend themselves. )
I picked my battle just fine I believe, unlike your "total shit" post about downs selling Troll Excrement. ( another post reduced to a period edit. ) How about owning up to what you've written, instead of editing out YOUR dark place :D . Keep it up with that Knight In Shining Armor complex Mr. Saint.
I shall no longer sully the great post made by the bazooka's with hellacious trash talk and calling you out on your own childishness and E-Thug holier than thou complex.

I'm sorry I gave you gold.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Wondering if GK is the first non afk UOSA citizen to die to a in town NPC
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

People die to exploits all the time.

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

GuardianKnight wrote:I was a pretty good sport about it considering I died the last couple times on purpose to test whether i could guard whack them. Having a stablemaster randomly attack you is kind of surprising so reporting it as a bug was my only real goal. Whether Derrick did anything about it when I told him....another story. I spent the day callign derrick and other GMs to constantly respawn the stable master.....talk about good sports. The GMs were having to clean up bazooka mess all day. I wonder if any one of them got angry.

A good sport?? You came across as a 9 year old child in your crazy rants about tateling to the GM's about being killed and how they were going to be banned and they are probably already watching him...this isnt a government conspiracy theory, its a video game.........