New player saying Hey and thanks for the e-bolts

Topics related to Second Age
Alden

New player saying Hey and thanks for the e-bolts

Post by Alden »

Hey guys,
I posted in the newcomer forum but also wanted to post here. It's great getting back into UO. I quit a while ago when my old shard ran out of steam. Just found this one and saw the population. It does not disappoint.

A couple of thanks for:
- Just starting out I don't have any regs or the ability to cast ebolt. Thank you for giving me your ebolts. I can only take one or two before I have to sleep them off, but keep them coming.

- Sometimes people get wrapped up on how much gold they have... thanks for taking mine. I do NOT want to get greedy and I'm happy to share the wealth. After all, your e-bolt regs cost gold, I know.

I'm having a blast, grey screens and all.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: New player saying Hey and thanks for the e-bolts

Post by chumbucket »

We'll be happy to take your gold once you have enough.

OhSnap
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OhSnap »

Welcome to UOSA! Glad to see the PKs haven't frustrated you. Build up your skills, get some resources, prepare for battle and you'll be fine. Matron has a good thread for preparing yourself to "not die".
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10117&start=0

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

Hail, and well met!

To ensure your set up is correct, check your Razor settings here: http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Razor

(I know you didn't ask for that, but a proper set up is essential for a smooth gaming experience!)
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

Alden

Post by Alden »

Thanks for the tip on the razor set up.

One quick question, I couldn't find the hot key for run like a girl when a red shows up. (no offense to the ladies)

Is that a macro I have to create on my own?

OhSnap
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OhSnap »

Alden wrote:Thanks for the tip on the razor set up.

One quick question, I couldn't find the hot key for run like a girl when a red shows up. (no offense to the ladies)

Is that a macro I have to create on my own?
Recall macro is the mage's equivalent to that

Koden

Post by Koden »

Alden wrote:
Run AT them! I get PKed all most every time the Reds show while I'm farming gold at . . . (like I would tell where I farm). So I just run at um. Sometimes I even get in a lucky string of hits. But I get Rezzed MUCH more & get gear back Much more if I give a fight. Reds want that rush as much as we do.
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish on UOSA and he will stay up until his wife yells at him to get to bed.

Alden

Post by Alden »

Only pk'd a couple of times today... cheers to you random red guy who leaves me my rune and recall scroll.

Alden

Post by Alden »

Day 3 update:
Everyone's been great with offering help and advice in IRC and in the game. I appreciate all you guys who help make starting over a little bit easier.

Most of the pks are pretty decent, even get rez'd.

I still don't understand the guy who takes my recall scroll and rune, and his friends who hang out and laugh about it, but ah well.

My only hope is UO is older than they are.

But not to end on a sour note... As soon as I get up and running, I'll be sure to pass on the help I'm receiving.