cant get ultima running :(

illiusv

cant get ultima running :(

Post by illiusv »

i cant seem to get ultima running at all. i duno what the hell im doin n i really need some help

Lady Aura

Re: cant get ultima running :(

Post by Lady Aura »

illiusv wrote:i cant seem to get ultima running at all. i duno what the hell im doin n i really need some help
XP or Vista?
what version of UO do you have?
are u running it through razor?
does client.exe load by itself?
do you have microsoft net framework?
UOSA Email Support : ladyaura@uosecondage.com

Maahes

Post by Maahes »

Yes we'll need a bit more information here, what have you done so far and what has been successful?

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

make sure you do this if you are running vista

right click razor > run as admin.

then when UO opens, turn off music

this is the only way i can run UO on vista and NOT have it crash....bummer cause i really miss the music. i also turn off sound so i do not have a chance @ crashing
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

illiusv

Post by illiusv »

i cant seem to find uosecondage in my ultima online folder so i cant find it wen i browse wer it says uo data directory in razor

Lady Aura

Post by Lady Aura »

can you take a screen shot of the error?

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RawToxic »

To find what path you need to browse to do this:

Click Start > Programs or All Programs > Ultima Online

Within this window group there will be another Ultima Online link which is the link you click the open the game.

Click the Right Mouse Button on the Ultima Online link there (with the UO icon infront of it) and Left Click Properties. Click on the Shortcut Tab on the top of the new window that opens and see what it says in the Target field.

That will be the path of your current UO install and should be the path you need to browse to with Razor.

Click Cancel to close the window when you are finished.

If you are using a 64-bit O/S it probably installed into C:\Program Files\Ultima Online instead of C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Ultima Online like you would expect it to.

If you check this and it just says C:\ or D:\ as the path, you have made a grave mistake and installed UO onto the root of your hard drive. Please post back the results and I"ll walk you through the Razor Setup part if needed. :)
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen

Seven Elements - GM Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Mage, Musician, Tailor, Tinker
Fletch - GM Bowyer, Miner
Samuel Vane - GM Fisherman
Arsenic Annie - GM Poisoner
Grimm McCutty - PVP Hybrid

illiusv

Post by illiusv »

the file location is c:/programfiles/ultimaonline.

is there meant to be another folder or link in this folder that says uosecondage??
coz in razor i cant seem to browse throw my comp to find it wer it says UO data directory.

and lady aura the problem is finding that uosecondage link in my ultima online folder i think. lmao

Raserei

Post by Raserei »

If you're looking for the shard, you just need to open razor and put the IP and port into the correct boxes and press ok.. then make an account by putting in account name and password and logging in ;)

Lady Aura

Post by Lady Aura »

illiusv wrote:the file location is c:/programfiles/ultimaonline.

is there meant to be another folder or link in this folder that says uosecondage??
coz in razor i cant seem to browse throw my comp to find it wer it says UO data directory.

and lady aura the problem is finding that uosecondage link in my ultima online folder i think. lmao
I had a problem with the new razor where it could not find a file in the UO directory...

what i did was reinstall microsoft net framework, razor, and UO.

try that.

illiusv

Post by illiusv »

thanks to u all i finally got it running. i re-installed them again and it happened to work. but it just seems to log out on its own every like 10 mins or something. :(

Lady Aura

Post by Lady Aura »

illiusv wrote:thanks to u all i finally got it running. i re-installed them again and it happened to work. but it just seems to log out on its own every like 10 mins or something. :(
how much ram do u have?