Fame loss

Moderator: Support Moderators

Byokii

Fame loss

Post by Byokii »

Hi guys,

I macroed my last bit of meditation the other night, and i noticed when I logged back in I was Famed, and no longer illustrious. I didn't die, but I lost a level of fame?

I thought fame was only lost upon death, is this not true?

Downs

Re: Fame loss

Post by Downs »

It drops with time too
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

Downs wrote:It drops with time too
As it's related to the OP - Something I've never been sure of, does fame atrophy only when logged in, or in real world time whether the character logs in or not?

Ta :)

Byokii

Post by Byokii »

well that sucks, does karma go down over time too, or just fame?

Guess ill have to go kill some more bad guys to get my fame back up there.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Just fame. Pretty sure it doesn't decay while logged out as my tamer sat at 15000 for the longest time even though I never hunt with him.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

I think it only decreases with ingame time. My tamer has been at 15000/15000 for a few months now and I only play sparingly.
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Byokii

Post by Byokii »

yeah i lost my title while working up some of my skills.

I guess it will start going back up when I am not spending a lot of time pushing skills, and more time hunting.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

It decays really slow, if you kill 1 lich lord you could probably leave your character logged in for a week and only lose half the amount of fame you gained. Total guesstimate, I have just never noticed it have an impact on my fame before and I have many chars with the Lord title that get left logged in for long periods of time.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Definitely only decays while logged in, I got my beggar to Lord for the novelty value then didn't actively play him for a good month or two, but he retained his title. I've also seen old characters belonging to people who haven't played for a year or more who still have Lord on myUOSA.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Return to “New Player Help”