Ranger Armor and the Ticket System

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Ranger Armor and the Ticket System

Post by Kraarug »

That would be cool, the ticket system to get Ranger Armor and other goodies. Remember. you had a ticket that you can to find a mate for.... or something like that.

Faust

Re: Ranger Armor and the Ticket System

Post by Faust »

aye, that was a great Christmas on UO. That was for the Christmas of 1998. I have the '97, '98, and '99 Christmas systems scripted and ready to go if Derrick ever chooses to go with them.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

'97 was before my time. What were the gifts?

This was '99
Holiday Gifts
Players will receive tickets when logging in their characters. Any ticket can be matched to any other player's ticket. Once a ticket is used on another ticket, each player can select from a variety of holiday gifts, compliments of Origin. The tickets are blessed, meaning they cannot be looted or stolen. In addition, each ticket can only be used by the original owner of the ticket.

Matching Tickets
To use the tickets, simply open a trade window. Once one ticket is in the window, you do not need to actually agree to the trade. Double-click on your ticket and target the player’s ticket in the trade window. You will then be given a window from which to select your gift. You do not need to actually give your ticket to another player to use them.

The Gifts
All of the gifts are blessed. They cannot be looted or stolen. As with all blessed items it is important to leave the item in your main backpack. Placing a blessed gift in a container inside your backpack will make the item susceptible to thieves as they can steal the container with the blessed item inside.

Snowballs
Selecting the snowballs will place a snow pile in your backpack. To throw a snowball at another player, double-click the snow pile and target a player. Only players who have a snow pile in their backpack can be targeted in this manner. You will receive a message if the targeted player is not a valid target.
There is a delay as to how often you can throw a snowball from the snow pile.
The snow piles have unlimited uses.
Potted Plants
Selecting the potted plant will place a potted plant deed in your backpack.
To get your plant, double-click the deed. This will place one of five random potted plants on the ground at your feet.
Once placed the plant can be picked up and carried.
Potted plants need to be locked down after Phase III of Clean Up Britannia begins.
Although the potted plant deed is blessed, the plant itself is not.
Fireworks Wand
The fireworks wand will shoot fireworks when double-clicked.
The wand has 100 charges.
Clothing Bless Deed
Selecting the clothing bless deed will place a deed in your backpack.
The deed can be used on any article of clothing (such as tunics, boots, hats, etc.)
After double-clicking the deed, target an article of clothing. Once targeted, the clothing will become blessed (meaning it cannot be stolen or looted).
Blessed clothing can still take damage (from maces for example).
Wristwatch
Selecting the wristwatch will place a watch in your backpack.
The watch will tell the time in Britannia, which can be very useful when using the moongates.
Holiday Tree Deed
Selecting the Holiday Tree Deed will place a deed in your backpack.
To place the tree in your house, double-click the deed. This will place the tree at your feet.
Holiday Trees cannot be placed within three tiles of your front door and cannot be placed outside.
Holiday Trees do not need to be locked down once Phase III of Clean Up Britannia is published.
Source: http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_1

Faust

Post by Faust »

The 1997 Christmas had Santa and a Christmas tree on top of West Britain Bank. He would hand out gift bags to those who were naughty or nice. The bags were decided on at that time your noto, if you had a negative noto rating you would get the naughty bags and of course the opposite for the nice bag. Both bags had different items ranging from lump of coal, switches, gift cards, christmas food items, etc...

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Not trying to divert this but your quote says blessed clothing CAN be damaged...can it be destroyed?
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

I think it can. The bless deed only made it where it could not stolen or looted, it didn't make it invenceable.

I got mine only to sell. I use my newbiefied clothing from mule characters.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

DrFaustus wrote:Not trying to divert this but your quote says blessed clothing CAN be damaged...can it be destroyed?

durability will go down to 0/200 (or whatever), thus giving it no AR, but it will NOT be destroyed
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Faust

Post by Faust »

My pure black blessed sandals were destroyed in '99. I also destroyed plenty myself with my tank mage macer. They defiintely died during t2a.

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

So then how does it function/how will it function on this server?
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Blessed clothing was destroyable all the way to the end of UOR to my knowledge. I witnessed a friend's pair of sandals broken during mid-UOR.

But on the subject of ranger armor, while it is almost purely decorative, it is the only armor that does not affect meditation rate. The old stratics guide actually gives special mention to ranger armor as having this particular bonus.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

i'm going by what was stated by derrick. i dont have literature to back this up, but it stated somewhere in the forums by himself
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

alatar

Post by alatar »

Teknix wrote:i'm going by what was stated by derrick. i dont have literature to back this up, but it stated somewhere in the forums by himself
This is currently how it works on UOSA. Blessed items do not break, but once their durability reaches 0 they will no longer provide armor class.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Teknix wrote:
DrFaustus wrote:Not trying to divert this but your quote says blessed clothing CAN be damaged...can it be destroyed?

durability will go down to 0/200 (or whatever), thus giving it no AR, but it will NOT be destroyed
Untrue, blessed clothing could be destroyed. I used to do it to macroers.