Killed myself using flamestrike

Moderator: Support Moderators

randale

Killed myself using flamestrike

Post by randale »

I have my macro set to only hit me with it if my hits are 51 or greater, and up until yesterday, I had never killed myself using it. My Magery is now 100 and my eval is 30, maybe it's because of the now greater magery? Even though that has less of an effect than eval. Guess I should just set it to hit me if my hits are 61 or greater then?

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Killed myself using flamestrike

Post by Soma »

randale wrote:I have my macro set to only hit me with it if my hits are 51 or greater, and up until yesterday, I had never killed myself using it. My Magery is now 100 and my eval is 30, maybe it's because of the now greater magery? Even though that has less of an effect than eval. Guess I should just set it to hit me if my hits are 61 or greater then?
It's very possible that someone EQ'd you after the check went off and you went to something like 30hp when you FS'd yourself.

That issue aside, you should be setting your macro to completely halt if you are anything less than 99%.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

randale

Post by randale »

Soma wrote:
randale wrote:I have my macro set to only hit me with it if my hits are 51 or greater, and up until yesterday, I had never killed myself using it. My Magery is now 100 and my eval is 30, maybe it's because of the now greater magery? Even though that has less of an effect than eval. Guess I should just set it to hit me if my hits are 61 or greater then?
It's very possible that someone EQ'd you after the check went off and you went to something like 30hp when you FS'd yourself.

That issue aside, you should be setting your macro to completely halt if you are anything less than 99%.
Maybe, I wonder why they'd stop there though, I had 3 characters in the house, wonder why they wouldn't kill them all.

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

randale wrote:
Soma wrote:

Maybe, I wonder why they'd stop there though, I had 3 characters in the house, wonder why they wouldn't kill them all.
EQ can't kill players, only take them to 0%, because of this if one of your players was taking damage from another source, it would have killed him.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

You can time an EQ with FS so even if you have a HP check for 99%, you can still kill yourself. There's a trick to it, but no FS macro is safe unless it's in a secure keep/castle.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

...the trick to reduce the probability of death is to put your health check right beefore your targeting...as in:

Cast FS
Wait for target
IF HP>60
Target self
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Pirul wrote:...the trick to reduce the probability of death is to put your health check right beefore your targeting...as in:

Cast FS
Wait for target
IF HP>60
Target self
Quoted for awesomeness. Great trick.

Return to “New Player Help”