Empty House everywhere, new players can´t get good spots!

Topics related to Second Age
Myrcella
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Empty House everywhere, new players can´t get good spots!

Post by Myrcella »

Hi all. I am suprised regarding the amounts of empty house that are ingame.

The statement is: Only one house for each account.
Leading to max 3 House for one player?

So , if i can only get one house for each account...how come i am not interested in decorating it or using it.

Kind of frustrating to find out that so many nice spots are not available for players who really only get one house for each account. And finding out that they are empty over weeks....

Or did i understand something wrong?

I just have the bad feeling that we must have some players that are using far more then 3 accounts and are blocking with this habit the good spots with empty house and are driving the housing prices up to unrealistic price.

I think it would be better if we would have much more empty spots without house and availability for more poor and new players then looking at ghost house standing around at real nice spots all over the game...

Just my personal view . And if i am wrong then i am sorry.

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Empty House everywhere, new players can´t get good spots

Post by applejack »

It's one house per character, not account. So a player can theoretically have up to 15 houses. That is era accurate and I highly doubt it would ever change.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Downs

Post by Downs »

That's the nature of the game. And era accurate to a degree. The good spots have to be bought at this point
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

Myrcella wrote: I just have the bad feeling that we must have some players that are using far more then 3 accounts and are blocking with this habit the good spots with empty house and are driving the housing prices up to unrealistic price.
While yes you can have 15 houses over your 3 accounts there are very few people that actually do this.

As for housing prices rising to unrealistic prices, once quick search through the housing forum will show that this has never happened. Everyday for the past few years you could easily find a bigger house for only the deed price + a minor amount.
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

Myrcella,

It seems bad now, maybe you are in an early stage of the game. As you get more established on UOSA you will find that it becomes very fun to wheel and deal and work your way towards your dream house on the server.

The after market for placed houses are very reasonable.
Catskills 97-99

Gracobucks

Post by Gracobucks »

I have never had a problem placing a small house. They might not of been right beside the bank or moongate but always have been a short run away.

Myrcella
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrcella »

Thank you all for your quick response.

I made this post, because i understood one of the Shard Rules wrong.

I thought it was 1 house for 1 account. And not 1 house for each char you make on your account.

This sets all for me in a diffrent light. And i totally understand it now that it is normal that you can find alot of ghost house in the game. These are the House of ingame house-dealers. :) Or Brokers. ( I am german, sorry my english)

So as the game tries to be as era accurate as possible it is something i have to accept. :)

Well beeing a house-broker seems to be a very lucrative job then in this era. :)

Take care all. :)

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

du kannst easy häuser kaufen für deed preis + ka small deed meistens.
das ist echt bechissen hier mit 15 häusern pro person ( die, die es sich leisten können). und ja es gibt einige idioten die illegal mehr häuser haben (fake ids) will aber keine namen nennen. ich hoffe du kommst hier gut an, wenn du irg was brauchst oder fragen hast ich zock hier seit 3 jahren also nur zu ;>

grüße aus berlin
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Gracobucks

Post by Gracobucks »

Arsen wrote:du kannst easy häuser kaufen für deed preis + ka small deed meistens.
das ist echt bechissen hier mit 15 häusern pro person ( die, die es sich leisten können). und ja es gibt einige idioten die illegal mehr häuser haben (fake ids) will aber keine namen nennen. ich hoffe du kommst hier gut an, wenn du irg was brauchst oder fragen hast ich zock hier seit 3 jahren also nur zu ;>

grüße aus berlin
For those who dont know germany

you can buy easy cheap houses for deed + deed usually small ka.
that's really bechissen houses here with 15 per person (those who can afford it). and yes there are some idiots who illegally have more houses (fake ids) but will not mention names. I hope you are well here, if you need anything or ask IRG I've been here for three years Zock so do not hesitate;>

greetings from berlin
Thanks google translate

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

rofl

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Arsen wrote:and yes there are some idiots who illegally have more houses (fake ids) but will not mention names
Stay classy!

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

Mikel kinda said what I was thinking, but I didn't put words into it. Bringing grudges into an introductory post to a new player!
Catskills 97-99

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

Qq

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Myrcella wrote:Well beeing a house-broker seems to be a very lucrative job then in this era. :)
Indeed, there was a pretty rich dude who did it almost exclusively, I think (Kelektra). Most of the same skills that reward a rare-seller would reward a house broker though - you need to have an interest in keeping track of the market and applying information from comparables to your own acquisitions, and being good at convincing suckers to sell low and buy high.

I'm not convinced it's any more profitable than being a tamer and killing monsters, on a per-hour basis... but it's relatively risk-free (especially once you're trusted enough to broker your own sales) and it's a great way to explore the land and get to know players.

Nidaic

Post by Nidaic »

I hear brokering is all fine and dandy until a certain Associate group catches on to your deeds..... :shock:

But really I have been able to place multiple large houses ( brick, L, etc ) since I started about 8 months back, it just takes some luck and timing.