How do Shopkeepers Items respawn work?

Moderator: Support Moderators

Dallaswolf

How do Shopkeepers Items respawn work?

Post by Dallaswolf »

I know how regs work but what about other vendors.. I noticed im buying all the maps from 3 vendors and none of them are really increasing and sometimes there refreshing with less..Though Im buying them out..What gives?

Pirul

Re: How do Shopkeepers Items respawn work?

Post by Pirul »

If you sell maps back, they will restock the same number of blank maps as the number of maps you sold back. Unless he is compeltely sold out when it is time for him to restock, he will not double the amount of maps held.

Watch for other people working cartography, and probably selling the maps back to the vendors.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Dallaswolf

Post by Dallaswolf »

So whats the best way to do it then?Just throw them away..

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

There are threads about raising cartography,

all I know is that I recalled to every cartographer a few days ago and bought lots of 100 maps, organized 'em into a bag, dropped them at the house. By the time just one NPC made it 999 maps I could barely even buy all 999 before he would restock due to organizing taking so long. Took me like 9 hours to get 12k maps or so in my house.

Cartography seems extremely tedious to me due to the non stacking nature of maps, honestly there is a ton of gold int he world, you could probably do without selling your maps back to NPC since you can make profits elsewhere later and may as well get this tedious skill gain out of the way.
Catskills 97-99

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I did not afk carto, so what I would do was buy about 100 maps and park my char at a shipwrights. Start the carto macro, and let it go. When I was done, I'd sell the maps I was succesful on and buy them back, rinse repeat until the number of maps I ended up with was so low that it was not worth it to continue, so again I'd recall around, get another 100 maps, and do it all over again.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

exarkun

Post by exarkun »

Can you still get GM Cart from just making maps? I've been stuck at 97.8 for ~700 maps now...

exarkun

Post by exarkun »

exarkun wrote:Can you still get GM Cart from just making maps? I've been stuck at 97.8 for ~700 maps now...
Of course, the minute after I made this post I gained .2

Return to “New Player Help”