where can i get a table?

Moderator: Support Moderators

Panjialang

where can i get a table?

Post by Panjialang »

very noob question, i know :roll:

Mike123's excellent guide says you should always carry a table around, but I can't find one. I've checked two carpentry stores but no one sells it. can i only get it from a player (or make one myself)?

if so...i am looking to buy a table!!

Atraxi

Re: where can i get a table?

Post by Atraxi »

If you're ever in Vesper, head over to the C^V Carpentry Shop just outside of the guardzone. I think we sell them there.

Here's a map of New Windmere and our shops. That map was made before we got our town addons, so the scenery might be a little differently, plus there's streets leading to the vendor shops, now.

We're working on replacing that map with a more current one.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

if you utilize those survival guides posted by people like Matron you will find PK's to be much less of a problem, as long as you are willing to not be greedy and evade, and find a quieter place to hunt.

It's amazing what a simple auto target recall rune can do for your confidence, add that with some invis items, etc...
Catskills 97-99

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

i think a noob with 50 lumberjack(or something else if you got boardS) and 50 carp can make small tables (no i did not check the wiki page going off memory on this one)
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Since I wrote that guide, I found footstools to be better for this purpose. They're lighter and they cause pursuing players to rubberband a bit, so it can offer a little more chaos/confusion to help your escape. They're also harder to see behind certain objects, whereas someone might immediately spot a table and react appropriately.

I never had a recall macro target a specific rune; you're almost certainly going to kill yourself more often than you'll save yourself by having the macro target a specific rune, when you inadvertently replace the rune with another (when you died, for example). If you just set your hotkey to cast Recall, by the time you're done casting you should have your mouse hovering over the rune anyways. In a few years here, I could only think of one or two times where I *might* have been saved if I'd set my macro to target a rune automatically... and being the clown that I am, I am certain I'd have died a half-dozen times if I set a specific rune target, when the macro failed to target the rune because it wasn't in my pack.

I'd also suggest carrying 2 or 3 tables. Sometimes you misplace the first one, and want another shot. Or sometimes the first one buys you a little time, but not quite enough.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Was about to recomend footstools too. Much better option...should allow you to offscreen enough for sure.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Panjialang

Post by Panjialang »

Mike123, thanks! A true legend...

Can you describe how exactly to use the footstool in an escape? Is there a macro for that? What is the code?

And I will be visiting the C^V store!

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

footstools as well fairly certain you can make them with a noob carp just saying and yeah they are better imo.

@mikel123 <3 you by the way
touche i never have killed my self with target specific rune macros (or targeting a runebook with one set as default which i don't ever usually do unless its a pk) i have one of these macros for about all 15 of my characters and a invis recall variation as well bound to same hotkey +a modifer key like shift for example on every razor profile (one for each character) eliminating the click gives you extra time that you can be moving when the cursor comes up you can be moving and no way the macro targeting a rune or having even a seperate hotkey for "Absolute target" on a rune or runes in your pack = faster then clicking tiny rune and possibly screwing that up or getting melee hit while you click . eliminating as many clicks from uo = win
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Panjialang wrote:Can you describe how exactly to use the footstool in an escape? Is there a macro for that? What is the code?
I haven't seen mikel's guide about tables, but I assume it's just dropping tables behind you as you run. The footstools would work basically the same way.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Panjialang

Post by Panjialang »

Atraxi wrote:
Panjialang wrote: I haven't seen mikel's guide about tables, but I assume it's just dropping tables behind you as you run. The footstools would work basically the same way.
How would you macro that?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Search for Matron's guide "how not to die", which is where I originally learned the trick. Set up a new macro, hit record, and drop the stool directly beneath you, on the tile you're standing on. Stop recording, and change the drop location to "relative", which should be (0,0,0). Then assign it a hotkey.

As you run away, hit the hotkey and you'll crap out the stool where you were when you hit the hotkey. If someone is pursuing you from directly behind you, they will run right into it.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Quite simple really, create a new macro, and name it whatever, hit record and drop a footstool behind you (I don't think it lets you place it on your same tile anymore), click stop. Right click on the first line and select "lift by type" then right click on the second (and last line) and select drop to relative location. What this does is that everytime you use the macro it will take a footstool from your pack and drop it at the exact same location you dropped it at relative to you when you recorded your macro. To be safe and drop it at your feet, what you'll need to do is to go to c:\documents and settings\[your user]\application data\razor\macros and find your footstool macro. Open it on word, or your text pad, whatever, and edit the second line to so it reads (0,0,0).

Now go to the hotkeys tab, macros, and then bind a hotkey for your footstool macro. Go out and try it. I recomend you practice A LOT, you don't want to end up placing the footstool infront of you, because that would suck!

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

Mikel123 is as bad at UO as he is at Fantasy Football!!

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Zing!!

Return to “New Player Help”