BUG: Squeezing extra potions out of a potion keg

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

BUG: Squeezing extra potions out of a potion keg

Post by the bazookas »

REPORTED ISSUE: You can get more potions out of a potion keg than you put in.

ISSUE DETAILS: See steps to Recreate and Expected results (it will all become clear)

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: I only tried it on Windows XP but I'm pretty sure this is a universal bug.

STEPS TO RECREATE:
Run 2 clients. Put a potion in an empty keg so it has 1 potion in it. Make sure neither of your 2 characters has any empty bottles in their bag (watch out for that one you got when you put a potion in the keg!), but also ensure that they have empty bottles within reach (e.g. on the ground or in a bag on the ground). Double click the keg using both clients, but do not target yet--it will ask what bottle you want to put that in. After both clients have the target up, select the nearby empty bottles.

EXPECTED RESULTS:
You now have an extra potion. Apparently the keg's potion "counter" is now at -1, which means you have to put 2 potions into it for it to have 1 potion in it. While it is at -1 potions, you also cannot put any other potions of any other type in it (until you fill it up back to 0).

I expect that as a result of this bug, cA will create a Deadly Poison creating macro cartel of >10 clients in which they manufacture potion kegs, squeeze out at least 10 deadly poison potions out of each keg, and then destroy that keg. Since the materials for a keg are ~180gp and the cost of creating a deadly poison potion = 120 gp per (20% chance of success at GM alchemy, 8 nightshade each = ~40 nightshade per DP), they will net approximately 1020 gold per empty keg created, and, if they sell full DP kegs at the price of materials (12k), they will make approximately 10k gold per keg (of course DP kegs are sold for more than just materials--e.g. 20k)--assuming they only use 10 clients for this macro. The world will also suddenly be full of deadly poison, and all the tank mages will cry themselves to sleep every night for years to come.

I also expect that several people will create bugged empty potion kegs that have -1 or -2 lesser poison or heal potions in them such that whoever buys / uses them is going to be like "?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" when they cannot stick any of their potions in it even though it is "A specially lined keg for potions." That's going to be fun.

I also expect that others will sell these "negative potion" rares as rare items after this bug is fixed.

It is possible (although I dare not test it) that a negative-potion keg might annihilate when it comes in contact with a positive-potion keg, resulting in an annihilation event (like when positrons and electrons combine) converting all of both the potion kegs' matter (all 20 stones worth) into pure energy--more energy than many many atomic bombs, which would certainly wipe out the whole of Britannia (considering it is only a few miles across based on how long it takes to run across the entire continent).

This is obviously a VERY urgent bug! Who knows who might dare to create the ultimate doomsday device by combining a negative-potion keg with a positive-potion keg?

DATE REPORTED: 12/22/2011

DATE STATUS CHANGED: 4/29/2012
Last edited by Derrick on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed in Feb
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

J.G

Re: BUG: Squeezing extra potions out of a potion keg

Post by J.G »

"Great post. Riveting."

Nidaic

Post by Nidaic »

I like your style, as well as bug detecting cappabilities; Automaton :D .

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Bump for a potentially game breaking bug! :D Watch out for that anti-matter annihilation doomsday event, everybody.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

the bazookas wrote:Bump for a potentially game breaking bug! :D Watch out for that anti-matter annihilation doomsday event, everybody.
This should have been fixed in the February patch. Please confirm.

Thanks!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

Crap IM always too late for teh fun stuff....

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Derrick wrote:
the bazookas wrote:Bump for a potentially game breaking bug! :D Watch out for that anti-matter annihilation doomsday event, everybody.
This should have been fixed in the February patch. Please confirm.

Thanks!
'Twas indeed... suppose I should have checked before bumping this :).

You even handled the bugged kegs I had stored up to be sold as unique items after this was fixed... Drat :D Was kind of hoping to have some "grandfathered" trick kegs heheheh. Oh well. ;) Good fix.

(my kegs had -2 Heal potions in them--a potion that nobody would ever make or use, so they were practically unusable).

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for the verification that they are working properly! And the initial report!!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."