Non-PvP

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
sir robin

Non-PvP

Post by sir robin »

PKer's and thieves have done me in. I liked UO best when you could opt out of the pk and theft thing and just enjoy crafting and simple hunting. PKer's and thieves win.

platy

Re: Non-PvP

Post by platy »

thats unfortunate, this is the game..
there's tons of places to craft in many cities, and thousands of mobiles in many dungeons.. you probably didn't try as hard as you could have to avoid them

Maahes

Post by Maahes »

sir robin wrote:PKer's and thieves have done me in. I liked UO best when you could opt out of the pk and theft thing and just enjoy crafting and simple hunting. PKer's and thieves win.
Do you have a suggestion?

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

I have a suggestion: Avoid situations that lead to death or theft. Keep your belongings in a locked box and have a recall macro in Razor (Cast Spell: Recall, Absolute Target: Rune). Those two things will keep you from having any problems 95% of the time.

sir robin

Post by sir robin »

LOL, like avoid mining? Cant craft without materials and cant get materials without great risk of death.

Ability to opt out and live in peace would be nice. But the PKers would probably never tolerate that option.

More free time irl wil keep me quite safe, lol.

draggle

Post by draggle »

sir robin wrote:LOL, like avoid mining? Cant craft without materials and cant get materials without great risk of death.

Ability to opt out and live in peace would be nice. But the PKers would probably never tolerate that option.

EASY SOLUTION! mine the Britain or Cove mountains.... that's what i do.

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Mining in safety = Cove, Delucia for starters ... even Minoc Lower Mines.

If you are asking for a place to not have thieves and pks bother you ever, you are looking for Trammel, which was not created during this era.

Divvet

Post by Divvet »

Maahes wrote:
sir robin wrote:PKer's and thieves have done me in. I liked UO best when you could opt out of the pk and theft thing and just enjoy crafting and simple hunting. PKer's and thieves win.
Do you have a suggestion?
the only thing i think would cut back on this, is only allow 1 account, hence people not having 1 of every template.
But as well all know, this wouldnt happen...

Abyss

Post by Abyss »

sir robin wrote:LOL, like avoid mining? Cant craft without materials and cant get materials without great risk of death.

Minesss are available that do not attract frequent redsss. Do not mine where heavy traffic isss and you will be sssafe. That isss until I find you... *cackles*
KINDRED OF NETH'ROKK[/center]

blister

Post by blister »

Why not go to a mine where no one goes and use hiding.

I used to mine in this mine next to deceit all day long on Divinity when they had 1k players and most were red without any problems.

If you can't avoid to be PKed here while mining, you are probably not even trying.

Sounds like a guy who would stand in the middle of a highway and then cry because he got hit by a car.. Hello?!

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i mined for months, never pked
get some stealth/hiding on your miner
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

It helps if you read the post that you respond to before you respond to it.

Miners can avoid thieves and pks in the same way everyone else can: Miners can recall and keep their belongings in a locked box. Indeed, I have never been pk'd on my miner, simply because I avoided mining in spots where there are likely to be pks. Unless you are mining at Minoc, I can't imagine you would ever have much problem in this regard.

I believe you are looking for Trammel. If so, this is not the shard for you and there is no sense in your coming to here to complain about it.

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

I'd have to agree.. killing miners was a classic passtime... Also, you could save up 44k and place a mining house in a discreet location, there are TONS of places to put a house, and im sure plenty around mountains.
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Riv

Post by Riv »

ive been mining in minoc since i started (cpl weeks go) and i've yet to run into any PK's. I havn't run into any pk's at the brit mines either. So to say you can't get materials because of PK's is nonsense.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

i have a non pvp suggestion, did boats use to tell how decayed they were like houses? i vaguely remember this, and since i wasnt sure about it, i didnt want to start a new thread about it. i thought i remember seeing the name of this ship, then under it, it would state the level of decay "this ship is greatly worn" etc. etc. i could be wrong but i thought that was how it was.