CTF

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

CTF

Post by Mens Rea »

Every single time a CTF flag spawns it should have a completely different ID.

I'm so sick of these people running around in CTF spamming their pickup and capture macros, it's bollocks and everyone knows it.

Time to even out the playing field.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: CTF

Post by RoadKill »

Razor "Item Type" would still snatch it up :(

I agree though, I personally don't use any CTF macros, and in CTF games I've gotten to the point where I just kill people and ignore the flag completely. I've played CTF on a few shards by now and honestly this shard has the best CTF system I've seen. Other shards you have people doing a lot more than just auto-flag snatching
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

venox

Post by venox »

auto flagging sucks balls.
it should be required to dbl click at both ends of the field.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Mens Rea wrote:Every single time a CTF flag spawns it should have a completely different ID.

I'm so sick of these people running around in CTF spamming their pickup and capture macros, it's bollocks and everyone knows it.

Time to even out the playing field.
This is a suggestion forum, you should suggest some improvements.

Off hand...

- Could decrease the frequency that red potions and food can be used. Or decrease the frequency when carrying a flag. Thus defenders can actually block a flag carrier more effectively and in turn having a macro to pick up a flag would be less beneficial.

- Could randomly spawn some invisible 'flags' that weigh 400lbs. So anyone using a continuously looping macro would be scavenging these overweight problem flags which would cause them instant stamina loss and grief. This could be combined with ensuring a flag has a different id each time.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Hernando_Kortez

Post by Hernando_Kortez »

I really wish that the free use system for tournies and pvp events would limit total potion uses. This would bring potions in line with the field where you can carry maybe 10-15 of each pot maximum due to item limits. That way people have to choose when to use their pots rather than just spam them over and over. It would also allow blocking (which is an important part of pvp).

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

This is a great suggestion and I have mentioned it many times in IRC but was called a "whiner" each time I said it. I'm glad someone else has finally complained.

What the hell is point of killing the flag carrier when his macroing friend picks it up faster than humanly possible, now with a fully reset timer on it?
Something has to be done about it, it happens way too often.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

CTF fix ....

No potions allowed - harder to survive without good teamwork which would make the macroing flag runners not able to just run constantly chugging pots to boost their life. they would still be able to run and perhaps eat food, but no heals, cures, or total refresh would change a lot.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I was just going through my Razor screenshots and this was randomly half in a picture, pretty funny considering I just read this topic.

I like Derrick's suggestion, although this is from over a month ago.
Attachments
irc.GIF

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Red

Post by Red »

I like the idea of having to walk over the flag to pick it up, but as Deuce said, only if the flag returns to the stand after the carrier dies.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Walking over the flag is pretty damn easy considering red potions can be consumed like tic-tacs.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We can probably do this with a delay that in line with the time it would take to pick up the flag manually, but in all honestly I don't know if this would work when you consider multiple people could be standing on the flag spot

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

be liek the same time it takes to takea moongate, and first guy on the spot wins?
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Removing potions from CTF would kill it for dexxers.

The question is what the goal of CTF is. If red potions were removed or reduced it means every team would have to literally fight their way in, get a flag, and fight their way out. All the while doing the same for the opponents. It only takes two people to block a door. Is this good or bad? I dunno.

Its possible to counter razor macros with some creative thinking.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Comparing CTF here to the CTF i played while on Defiance ...

Similar map set up, potions were not allowed if i remember correctly, but in order to win a ctf, you had to have teamwork. A portion of the team would have to defend, and a portion of the team would have to flag run. Wall of stone worked in this allowing teams to block off doorways for a few seconds to kill people. Teamwork is key.

Right now a CTF winning team can have 1 person that flag runs and pots his way to and from an enemy flag grabbing it a few seconds after their own flag is snagged. Flag gets reset because it was a few seconds before he grabbed it, cap, rinse, repeat. No teamwork involved - 1 man show.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Lot of good suggestions here.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'