Problem with connecting

Agata

Problem with connecting

Post by Agata »

Hello,
I suppose that the kind of problem which I have had been already discussed, but to be honest I could not find any topic.
I can't get to the Ultima. I mean I start up a client, I get to the serwer without problems, but I can only see my character and 5 seconds later is "Connection lost".
I have no idea why, yesterday and today morning all was ok with the game.
Have you got problems with server?
Thank you for help and sorry for possible language mistakes, but English is not my mother language.

Derrick

Re: Problem with connecting

Post by Derrick »

Try turning off your in game music, this has caused trouble for some people.

Agata

Post by Agata »

I think I have found the cause of the problem: I had not made the activacion of the account.
I hope now, when I have done it, it wouldn't be any problems :)

Agata

Post by Agata »

Ehm, the same situation as yesterday: when day ok, and the next day the enter to the server is impossible. How I should take the sounds off? In Razor?

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RawToxic »

I believe he is speaking of the in game music inside the UO client itself. Press Alt-O in game and find the option for the in game music and remove the checkmark. That should turn it off.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen

Seven Elements - GM Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Mage, Musician, Tailor, Tinker
Fletch - GM Bowyer, Miner
Samuel Vane - GM Fisherman
Arsenic Annie - GM Poisoner
Grimm McCutty - PVP Hybrid

Agata

Post by Agata »

I had turned off music and sounds in Ultima (Options) but it wouldn't help. I even had reinstalled Ultima Online client and razor but it also wouldn't help :(
It is starnge, because sometimes I can enter the server without any problems, and sometimes for about 4 - 5 hours it is impossible. And it isn't the problem with the server, because there are another players online.
It isn't the problem with my internet connection either, because all aplications, except UO, work well.
Could it be the meaning of time zone??? My zone is Central Europe (CE).
Thank You for any suggestion :(

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RawToxic »

If other internet services are working on your computer when you are having the problem and you know other people are on the server, you may be having an issue with a connection along the pipeline leading to the server that resets at certain intervals or is in a 'down' state.

When you are having trouble, run a trace route with the uosecondage.com server vs another site you are able to access. See if there are any issues routing the connection when you are not able to connect.

Click Start > Run
Type cmd into the Open box.
Click OK

at the command prompt:

Type tracert uosecondage.com
Press Enter

Report your results back here and I'll try to help.

Seven Elements - GM Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Mage, Musician, Tailor, Tinker

Agata

Post by Agata »

It could be quite difficult, because I have windows in polish language, so I don't know if I will translate it correctly.
That's what is after writing adres "uosecondage.com":
The name "uosecondage.com" is not recognized as internal or external command, feasible (? in meaning: possibility to do) program or feedstock file.
Ah, and few things, which maybe will helping:
1) I can go to the server, but it logs me out in 3 - 5 sec

2) I can enter the server and normally play without problems only one single time: fresh after reinstall UO.
3) When I log out, then I could not enter any more - every following attempt is impossible
Attachments
Screen_Serwer connecting.JPG

Agata

Post by Agata »

I wonder, could it be the connected with the fact, that my windows operating system is an orginal Microsoft product?

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RawToxic »

Agata wrote:I wonder, could it be the connected with the fact, that my windows operating system is an orginal Microsoft product?
No, that should not matter. If it works at all, your operating system type is fine.

Instead of typing uosecondage.com at your command prompt type the following without the quotes:

"tracert uosecondage.com"

Again, only do this when you are having connectivity issues to see if your connection is the problem. When you are able to login ok, this step will not help us find a resolution.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The ability to play normally after the first install but not able to play afterwards is usually related to not running as administrator.

Right click on the shortcut and choose "Run as administrator" if available.

Agata

Post by Agata »

First, I give a screen of connection condition with right command.
"Uplynal limit czasu zadania" means "The time of demand passed".
Second: I have only one account on my computer, with administrator's rights and I can run the razor only from this account.
And, according to Derrick, when I first done it (run--> run as --> current user) and marked off sentence "Protect my computer and data from running unauthorized programs" it works without any problems.
But, once again, after log out or connection lost, the situation is the same as previously: I can do nothing after entering to the server: only close razor. Or waiting as, after about one minute, I recieve an information: "connection lost".
I wonder, maybe I should make two accounts of my computer? One as admin and one as regular user.
I hate unlogical problems :(
Attachments
Agata.jpg

Agata

Post by Agata »

I see that my problem is impossible to solve.
Well, what could I say, I regret that I haven't got the possibility to play on a server about which I heard great opinions.
Thank you very much for help trials and wish all the best.

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RawToxic »

Hmm.. I definately think it's something within your environment. After you login once and everything works fine then you logout and you are unable to connect, can you reboot the computer or power it off, power it on and start the process all over again?

If it is really that bad, I'd maybe try reinstalling the Operating System. Could there be a firewall program that blocks it after the first connection???