Mounts & Taming

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Night

Mounts & Taming

Post by Night »

Hi all! First post!

I recently started playing on this server, so forgive me any innacurate information, or if my suggestion is a nonsense in this case.
I played around 2 years in a "modest" server - bfuo -, but I really liked (me and most ppl) the mounts-spawns-taming-using-selling system. From what I heard, there isn't a lot of options here in terms of mounts, and bfuo had lots of diversity: o'clocks/zostrich/many different coloured llamas and horses/nightmare/evil steed/black steed, just to name some. They spawned in specifical locations with different timings, and searching for them was an addiction.
I noticed there is a problem in this server related to stables being full. The server I played that problem never existed, since we used shrink potions on mounts and we could save them on bags and use them or sell them like any object.

Could this be implemented on uosa? If not, why not?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Mounts & Taming

Post by Kaivan »

Hey there, welcome to Second Age :)

To answer your question, it will not be possible for us to implement something like mount shrinking potions, or anything of the sort. The reason for this is because of the main goal of the server. Specifically, we are looking to make Second Age accurate to the mechanics of a specific date in the T2A era: November 23, 1999. Given that goal, the things that can and can't be implemented are limited to what was available at that time. Since mount shrinking potions were not available at that time, we cannot add them :(
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Tiwstacain

Post by Tiwstacain »

IT'S NOT ERA ACCURATE!!!!! *CRY*

TC

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Am glad I stopped playing OSI when UO:R came along.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Pirul wrote:Am glad I stopped playing OSI when UO:R came along.
factions and some other things kept uor enjoyable despite the trammel but it got much worst by age of shadows
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall