Guards didn't insta-kill

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Corbin

Guards didn't insta-kill

Post by Corbin »

I just remembered this while looking at the other issue on guards.

I use to let guards chase me when they popped up. They would hit and do a considerable amount of damage, but you could run away and they would give chase. You could also kill them if you were really good.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guards didn't insta-kill

Post by Kaivan »

The ability to run away from guards was a bug introduced with the UOR expansion. Specifically, the bug forced guards to obey the range and LOS checks that existed in combat, which they were not forced to do before then. This bug was later fixed with a UOR patch that gave guards the lightning attack that would deal the same amount of damage as their halberd. However, it is possible to be hit by a guard with a single attack and survive, although the damage you receive is nearly 100.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Corbin

Re: Guards didn't insta-kill

Post by Corbin »

Kaivan wrote:The ability to run away from guards was a bug introduced with the UOR expansion. Specifically, the bug forced guards to obey the range and LOS checks that existed in combat, which they were not forced to do before then. This bug was later fixed with a UOR patch that gave guards the lightning attack that would deal the same amount of damage as their halberd. However, it is possible to be hit by a guard with a single attack and survive, although the damage you receive is nearly 100.
Ahh, that explains that then.
TY for clearing that up.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC