Operation Stable Giveaway

Topics related to Second Age
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Operation Stable Giveaway

Post by GuardianKnight »

PM me if you need a stable spot and I will get to you as I am able to.

Feel free to post here if you are needing one and maybe others will share in the giving spirit.

Don't you think it's time to change the way we do things here?

Drunk Monk wrote:I also will give away the spots I steal
TheBreadMan wrote:I have 20 spots up for grabs also.

Note, I have few rules.

5 per person max a week.
Not available if you are selling.
the bazookas wrote:We have a lot of spots too, if you want any PM me and we'll arrange a time for me to give some to you.

So PM them too.
Last edited by GuardianKnight on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Operation Stable Giveaway

Post by GuardianKnight »

A clear bump for the little guy who has no place to put his horse. Please think of the little guy.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Is this now not a problem to be solved when someone is offering you a reason to not whine for 10 pages to the admin?

For the record, not a single person has contacted me.

I am going to put this thread in my signature and also post it in every "I can't stable" thread. I'll end them in a blink.

Nergnog

Post by Nergnog »

I am going to be making a tamer soon, and will probably have to take you up on the offer at that time. Just going to be macroing up right about now.

Drunk Monk

Post by Drunk Monk »

I also will give away the spots I steal
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

TheBreadMan

Post by TheBreadMan »

I have 20 spots up for grabs also.

Note, I have few rules.

5 per person max a week.
Not available if you are selling.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Had someone ask for a spot but they had 1 already. I offered to give them 1 spot. This is the response I got:
"giving away single slots to players isnt going to be much help to be honest. thanks anyway".

"giving away single slots to players isnt going to be much help to be honest. thanks anyway".

My response to that is this : If I just hand someone a ton of spots at a time, it solves nothing. In fact, it just promotes more hoarding but with a different person.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

GuardianKnight wrote:Had someone ask for a spot but they had 1 already. I offered to give them 1 spot. This is the response I got:

My response to that is this : If I just hand someone a ton of spots at a time, it solves nothing. In fact, it just promotes more hoarding but with a different person.
every time a post like this gets bumped more people hoard spots thanks gk
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

elhorno
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by elhorno »

iamreallysquall wrote:every time a post like this gets bumped more people hoard spots thanks gk
Really? So by giving stable slots for free to players who need them gk is making the situation worse? Greeat logic.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

We have a lot of spots too, if you want any PM me and we'll arrange a time for me to give some to you.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

elhorno wrote:
iamreallysquall wrote:every time a post like this gets bumped more people hoard spots thanks gk
Really? So by giving stable slots for free to players who need them gk is making the situation worse? Great* logic.
looks to me like most of the problem is people in this thread are the ones hoarding spots and people fear losing the slots to these players. New players don't need to stable there horses they can log out on them. The only type new player who would possibly need a stable slot would be a miner if they are using a pack animal. That leaves tamers and any one who is capable of getting a high skilled tamer is more then capable of getting a stable spot and will require more then one slot in the same location.........
Last night gk was complaining in irc that no one wanted the spots, then he offers someone just 1 slot big help for a tamer i must say.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Meh... the way I see it, it's the whole principal of "The task at hand is going to fill whatever time is allotted to it"... except it should read "The stable spots at hand are continually going to be filled with as many dragon turrets and cats and dogs and rabbits and other vermin as they can hold"... I don't think Stable spot hoarding is necessarily a bad thing--it at least helps keep dragon turrets down (if ever so slightly) by creating competition, which I think is a positive thing. But, for those who are not well versed in the art of stable spot stealing, I think it's nice to know that there are people out there like GK who are willing to give them a hand in acquiring some spots.

However, I suppose it's also the "give a man a fish vs. teach a man to fish" deal. In addition to providing a few stable spots to a tamer in need, it would probably be a good idea to teach them how to steal / hold onto stable spots themselves, so they can fend for themselves in this difficult stable economy. Stable spot control is like PvP... if you don't know how to do it, you're gonna get pwned over and over. So you need to figure out how to do it in order to compete... and then compete ruthlessly, cause you know all those other tamers are gonna beat you out of the stables if you don't.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

iamreallysquall wrote:
elhorno wrote:
Really? So by giving stable slots for free to players who need them gk is making the situation worse? Great* logic.
looks to me like most of the problem is people in this thread are the ones hoarding spots and people fear losing the slots to these players. New players don't need to stable there horses they can log out on them. The only type new player who would possibly need a stable slot would be a miner if they are using a pack animal. That leaves tamers and any one who is capable of getting a high skilled tamer is more then capable of getting a stable spot and will require more then one slot in the same location.........
Last night gk was complaining in irc that no one wanted the spots, then he offers someone just 1 slot big help for a tamer i must say.
The guy didn't want a spot...he wanted a lot of spots.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Bump for an outrageous offer that not a single person has taken advantage of.

TheBreadMan

Post by TheBreadMan »

I also have a number of slots available just PM on irc.

Also, I don't think it is so bad that noobs loose the stable slots it is infact a good thing. As a lot of this problem is driven by the fact because the stables are full everyone has become better at refreshing the sables. So there is a lot less free spots opening up for general useage each day and no cyclelation of the slots.

By giving around 5 to lots of differnet people these will decay at points etc and be cycled back into system at random times.. the people herding the stables can't be on 24/7 at each stables to check they are full..

The stable give away only works IF people are bad at refreshing..

Note these slots im offering are not held by rats etc.. but by my own dragons that ive bought or tamed...

I will also randomly leaving a couple of slots open from time to time at differnet stables.

Giving 2-3 stable slots to lots of differenet people is the best thing overall for a healthy stable system because they will be opened up into system at random times.