Customized Vendor Outfits? Not Accurate.

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Customized Vendor Outfits? Not Accurate.

Post by RoadKill »

I never remember seeing customized vendor outfits like we have them here. You couldn't simply drag/drop clothing/armor on to them.

When they first came out, they were all the same (fancy shirt, sash, pants, boots, cape), then at some point (this is where I'm a bit unclear) you could make them have different outfits, but it was limited to clothing (and standard dye colors), and an item in hand (torch, lantern, spear, spellbook, etc)

From what I can tell, I can put my vendor in a full suit of plate here. It's cool and all, but not accurate to the era.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Derrick

Re: Customized Vendor Outfits? Not Accurate.

Post by Derrick »

RoadKill wrote:I never remember seeing customized vendor outfits like we have them here. You couldn't simply drag/drop clothing/armor on to them.

When they first came out, they were all the same (fancy shirt, sash, pants, boots, cape), then at some point (this is where I'm a bit unclear) you could make them have different outfits, but it was limited to clothing (and standard dye colors), and an item in hand (torch, lantern, spear, spellbook, etc)

From what I can tell, I can put my vendor in a full suit of plate here. It's cool and all, but not accurate to the era.
Yea, I don't remember it either, this particular feature was added when the customize gump was taken away and works the same as dressing hirelings, which was in era I believe.

I'll verify this just to be sure, but I belive your correct. Thanks.

Faust

Post by Faust »

You all better get your grandfathered vendors before it's fixed. :wink:

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

I hate grandfathered. Things should get reverted for everyone ^_^

I mean, grandfathered creates this paradox because we are reverting changes that came later in time back to early time...therefore how can it be grandfathered? Should it be grandchilded?
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Faust

Post by Faust »

I can understand why something like this wouldn't be grandfathered since it is a feature from a future era but that isn't my call. I don't mind grandfathered features involving non-harmful bugs though. There were plenty of those during the EA servers at that time. Derrick could always throw in a one time randomized outfit for all the current vendors if he really wanted to. I have a feeling it will be grandfathered like most past cases.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Ronk wrote:I hate grandfathered. Things should get reverted for everyone ^_^

I mean, grandfathered creates this paradox because we are reverting changes that came later in time back to early time...therefore how can it be grandfathered? Should it be grandchilded?
Things are typically grandfathered because we don't take the time to go around and manually fix every effected item. Kinda like the secures on steps, we'd have to manually remove each one, this is why OSI left things grandfathered and why we do in the spirit of that. As far as the vendors, if someone equipped a Vanq Hally on one of their vendors, I wouldn't want to just delete it on them.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Derrick wrote:As far as the vendors, if someone equipped a Vanq Hally on one of their vendors, I wouldn't want to just delete it on them.
I would, but I am evil like that ^_^
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Red

Post by Red »

Wait, you could equip hirelings?
I don't remember this.
I would have hired them just to take all their armor.