newbie dungeon

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
bluntman

newbie dungeon

Post by bluntman »

just a suggestion for noobs, maybe make a portal next to the brit inn for new players 14 days and below can only go in. make some sections like skeletons, zombies, ghouls, noob spawns etc. some vendors down there for armor weapons n regs n stuff. just a suggestion for helping noobs get started.

i know its not t2a accurate and that noobs should be in the risk of getting pked by the lamers, but why not help the noobs get started so we have more of a community?

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: newbie dungeon

Post by BlackFoot »

denied
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

doesnt' the britain sewer have like rats and toads and such? And the brit graveyard has low level spawns (and def shouldn't have liches...I don't ever remember anything higher than a wraith there).
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Faust

Post by Faust »

I mentioned a relative solution in another thread that probably could only be the possible solution for something like this. That would be the Young system that would be considered era accurate.

All "new" accounts start out with young status. I forgot the entire structure of the system and am unable to retrieve it at this particular time. However, the system pretty much works like this. Any character created on the account cannot be attacked or looted until the account is out of young status. Once a character hits a certain point in a skill or a few skills it will be removed out of young status. A time period to expire the young status also exists. I think it's around a few weeks or something. Once an account is removed from young status for the first time it can never become that status ever again. Meaning no future characters created could be considered "young" and have the benefits associated with it.

This would solve any problem experienced with griefing a newly created character or someone that is playing for the very first time.

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Getting pked at a young age builds character.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

not being able to be attacked or looted even for first time players doesnt feel very u.o.eey to me :P

Faust

Post by Faust »

aye, I'm not really for or against it. I was one of the worst PKer's on Baja during the dread lord days. I'm very open hearted towards PKing. I just have enough honor and respect not to PK in a useless scenario. There is really no point in PKing someone in a GY for absolutely nothing. The worst thing is that most PKer's now days are simply beyond pathetic and will even res kill over and over in this same scenario. I can understand possibly killing an individual like this once, but not over and over cause you're bored. PKs are nothing like they were back then. I typically associate the majority of PKs now days as people who never really got to experience PKing and were actually the people who got PKed and are simply reacting in revenge because they never had the chance to experience it. I'm just saying I don't see any other possible solution to something like this besides the young system that would make it era accurate. At least anything besides player intervention and so forth.

Sivrik

Post by Sivrik »

Actually in more then one occasion i've killed "noobs" at gy who ended up having 4-6k on them.
Clyde: if ur better than me u cheat..straight up

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It didn't feel very uo'ee to me either when introduced.

The introduction of the Young Player System, also ended the insta-res menu which I don't think anyone would be upset about.

The Young player system is era accurate, but introduced late, and I do have all the details on it's features. This would be something suitable for a poll.

It very much surprises me that players would be PKing in futility due to our stat loss system.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

be surprised how many times i was pked on my naked newb tamer on ice island before i got done there :/

Faust

Post by Faust »

The one and ONLY reason I could accept the young system is because the people under the status will typicall be someone that is worthless to PK in the first place. If I remember correctly I think the status is removed somewhere around 80ish in one skill possibly or played for an equivalent of a few weeks. If you can post the details in here Derrick please do. I would like to see how it works again out of curiousity. I've heard the arguement for both sides a number of countless times. It ranges from "well someone who just started playing and heads to the GY shouldn't be greifed over and over" or "well if they can't handle being PKed at that time they will never be able to handle it when their character is developed and shouldn't be here in the first place" and so on and so on.

If you look at it in this perspective. What is the point in killing someone with skills below 80 and played less than a few weeks? A new player that begins playing for the first time decides to quit because some worthless PK kills him repeatedly over and over and makes him quit the shard which adds lesser people in the long run. If the player even quits a few months later at least that's better than a few days.

I know I've heard the arguements plenty of times. This player shouldn't be playing in the first place, but people have to realize that most of the people like this are roleplayers and pvm'ers. These people are as vital to PKing as PK's themselves. Without them PKing would utterly be pointless.

IPY is a perfect example of how the typical UO player mentality has degraded since the dread lord days. Why do you think IPY finally collapsed? Besides the fact that the PVP was inaccurate. A shard that had nearly 3000 people playing it. However, when you have groups of 10-15 people rolling through Brit GY killing a newbie with a practice longsword and to only repeatedly kill him over and over when he comes back.

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

I think I killed you 95 times blackfoot, and I have like 0 short terms...

The stat loss system is nothing imo.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

bluntman

Post by bluntman »

ya there is no reason to kill newbs that are just starting, its just pointless tbh. it just lowers the player count in the longrun.

resinbrawl

Post by resinbrawl »

i really don't like the idea of pandering to noobs. Im new to the shard but instead of falling victim to a pk in the graveyard train some hiding before u start your career. See a red, run and hide... wait for reveal and run and hide again, repeat until ur in brit. Honestly I havn't had ne pk trouble in the graveyard, theres usually some pk hunters hanging around asking if ne reds around..

Ezp
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Ezp »

Ronk wrote:doesnt' the britain sewer have like rats and toads and such? And the brit graveyard has low level spawns (and def shouldn't have liches...I don't ever remember anything higher than a wraith there).
None of the GY's are accurate atm, most was on an hour group spawn. Due to problems with our current spawning system it can't be done. The UO Spawn Map tool is a good tool that can tell you alot about the world spawns. Lich's did spawn there but extremely rare. I'll look at the spawner and see if its too high for Lich's.