Two story (L-shape) house security

Moderator: Support Moderators

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Two story (L-shape) house security

Post by Zelek Uther »

I'm hoping to own a two-story stone-and-plaster house (L-shape), and would like some advice about security. I have lived in a small for a year now, and have no experience with multiple level homes.

Is there anything I should know about security between floors? (Or L-shape security in general?)

What I would like to do:
* Ground floor back room is barricaded with a table wall and trash barrel. Storage chests in back room.
* Front room and upstairs are semi-public, i.e. open to friends, anyone that I invite in, and anyone that comes in if the front door is accidentally left unlocked.

If a rascal gets into my house, can they go upstairs and access the storage chests in the room below? Are there any circumstances where this is possible, e.g. if the chests below are stacked to the ceiling (i.e. stacked as high as possible)?

If I want the ground floor back room to be secure, do I need to secure the top floor back room too? Or is it better to fully barricade off the upstairs?

Thanks very much in advance!
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

Pirul

Re: Two story (L-shape) house security

Post by Pirul »

You should be good as long as the chests don't "poke" through the ceiling. I have never heard of anyone going down a level in a house, but it is possible to go up for friends. Otherwise, you should be good.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Return to “New Player Help”