Blessed Items should break from damage [continued, part II]

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
FishinPro

Re: Blessed Items should break from damage [continued, part

Post by FishinPro »

A few past statements...

JULY 2010:
Kavain wrote:Essentially, what we have is an inaccurate system compounded on an inaccurate system starting with the default RunUO system. However, despite this, we do need to make a change to the mechanics (and the way that clothing bless deeds operate is very much a mechanic) in order to make blessed items break. Also, we have also been discussing, in house, a reasonable method of compensation for those who have acquired blessed items over the last 2+ years, but we have not made any significant decisions as of yet.

JANUARY 2011:
Derrick wrote:The intent of this patch was not to make a decision on this issue, it's been gut wrecthing to deal with because this is nothing but my fault. They should have become breakable the day other clothing items became breakable; clearly.

All that's been done here is that a line has been drawn in the sand, the original issue of non breakable items still exists. You can consider this patch my dodge on the issue if you like; but the underlying reasons these items have not been corrected is that I specifically said "these items will not ever break", "never?", "that's correct.". If for example I said "Accounts will never be deleted for inactivity", and then you left for a year, came back and your account was deleted (for inactivity), you'd be outraged. I expect that we would find that it may or not be "era accurate" but that would not have any bearing on whether or not we should start deleting peoples accounts after I gave my word that we would not.

I'm sure holes can and will be poked in this comparison for many reasons. But to that I simply restate, no final decision has been made on existing items. This patch is a dodge, no decision has been made on existing items, only on future items.

So let's see here....This topic has been going on and on and on and on and on and on....for over 3 years now and nothing has been changed. Take the hint people!

Derrick specifically said that they will NEVER break, but the issue isnt closed. So basically, if he changed it so that they did break, he would be a liar plain and simple. I believe Derrick to be an honest guy and I dont believe he would go back on his word.

That being said, you people are just wasting your time and energy. Move :arrow:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

well the said item won't break- the item will be changed into a new one- so if we wanna be so precise, he'd still be telling the truth- just refund the silver for said items and bam- items aren't broken (still follows what he said, they never broke, he can put em in his personal bank) and the owners of said items are rightfully compensated. win/win

once again, not fair to hold the man's words, which he obviously stated was wrong of him to even say so- over his head. He also said the server was gonna be era accurate in every aspect possible. I don't see you holding those words over his head. So sly...

i'm personally gonna go ahead and take the first step. I request all my grandfathered blessed items, i think maybe i have a few sandies and a doubtfully a mask - please make these not grandfathered and I hope ppl make the right decision and fall in line. Any way I can have a Game Admin confirm this after it has been done?

a mexican

Post by a mexican »

FishinPro wrote:

So let's see here....This topic has been going on and on and on and on and on and on....for over 3 years now and nothing has been changed. Take the hint people!

Derrick specifically said that they will NEVER break, but the issue isnt closed. So basically, if he changed it so that they did break, he would be a liar plain and simple. I believe Derrick to be an honest guy and I dont believe he would go back on his word.

That being said, you people are just wasting your time and energy. Move :arrow:
As long as the shard advertises "Era Accuracy" the discussion isn't ever over

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

Loathed wrote:well the said item won't break- the item will be changed into a new one- so if we wanna be so precise, he'd still be telling the truth- just refund the silver for said items and bam- items aren't broken (still follows what he said, they never broke, he can put em in his personal bank) and the owners of said items are rightfully compensated. win/win

Oh how the public school system has failed yet another person...

That is like him saying he wont ever delete anyones account for inactivity, but then he moves all inactive accounts on the server so they cannot be accessed. He never deleted them, but you cannot access them which is the same concept as deleting them. So, changing them and/or taking them away would have the same affect as breaking them.
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

FishinPro wrote:
Loathed wrote:well the said item won't break- the item will be changed into a new one- so if we wanna be so precise, he'd still be telling the truth- just refund the silver for said items and bam- items aren't broken (still follows what he said, they never broke, he can put em in his personal bank) and the owners of said items are rightfully compensated. win/win

Oh how the public school system has failed yet another person...

That is like him saying he wont ever delete anyones account for inactivity, but then he moves all inactive accounts on the server so they cannot be accessed. He never deleted them, but you cannot access them which is the same concept as deleting them. So, changing them and/or taking them away would have the same affect as breaking them.

hey bro attack me all you want but leave the rnf of the schools out of it. It's just as ridiculous as holding him to his word on what is obviously a wrong message he delivered. But i did give a proper alternative- just refund the silver, win/win. get over the fact that he said one thing. to few ppl even. why not hold him to his words on era accuracy- he's been saying that a lot more and to a lot more ppl. i don't see you holding him to the word that it's only a temporary fix. He never did claim to be honest abe but I see many acting like he's the messiah and incapable of lies. it's not a lie were he to take the items away and refund them in some way. It's doing the right thing for the server in continuing to achieve era accuracy. we'd lose how many ppl and gain how many more?

EA- it's in "this" game.

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

Personally I think we should put more emphasis on the desync issue, that is quite annoying, good call Halbu, good call.
after all it is a game effecting mechanic.

Do you guys really just want all tanks to run around naked? C'mon now... this isn't xxxbunker, this is UOSA, grow a backbone.

And for edification's sake, "Get your own style, quit hatin mine"!
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

making blessed items breakable wouldn't make ppl run around naked, it's called layering- learn it. I don't have to bless items before i wear it. I do agree that we need to continue in every aspect to make the server more era accurate, but you shouldn't derail this topic as it clearly states what it's about. "Blessed Item should break from damage [continued, part II]"

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

I'm fairly certain that Guerrilla's point was more akin to "Why are we wasting breath over shit that makes no difference at all in how the game is played?"

This is a great dress-up game for guys who play with (paper)dolls. Let's not make 10+ page threads about actual play mechanics when we can shed moar tears over jelly.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Bringing up other NEA mechanics or trivializing the importance of ones in question is a time-honored tradition among the UOSA complainers. Fact is, the items should break. They were unfairly grandfathered in (and there is controversy over that which I will not get into), while other items did not earn the same treatment.

I do partially agree with you guys though, there is no need for a 100 page thread bickering over such a trivial topic when it's clear that the items SHOULD be breakable.

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
...it's clear that the items SHOULD be breakable.

I don't see this as clear and not sure how you do either. It may be clear if you are basing this on era accuracy. On the othe hand Derrick said he won't let them break.

Now, lets look at the weight of each side. On one hand you have era accuracy, which is the shards goal. On the other, you have Derrick saying he won't let them break. Which side is stronger?? Easy answer, Derricks. His shard, his rules and he answers to no one.

So when you say they SHOULD and he says they shouldn't, I don't see how it's "clear".

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

Robbbb wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:

I don't see this as clear and not sure how you do either. It may be clear if you are basing this on era accuracy. On the othe hand Derrick said he won't let them break.

Now, lets look at the weight of each side. On one hand you have era accuracy, which is the shards goal. On the other, you have Derrick saying he won't let them break. Which side is stronger?? Easy answer, Derricks. His shard, his rules and he answers to no one.

So when you say they SHOULD and he says they shouldn't, I don't see how it's "clear".

derrick didn't say they shouldn't break- he said he made the mistake in telling few ppl that they will never break. look at the words "made the mistake of telling" do you see that? so you're "shouldn't" isn't justified. He does say in fact that they SHOULD break. Yes he does. He also said, it's a temporary fix to the problem. Where's the "should not break" you're getting? lil bit of too much reading between the lines imho.

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

Loathed wrote:
Robbbb wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:

derrick didn't say they shouldn't break- he said he made the mistake in telling few ppl that they will never break. look at the words "made the mistake of telling" do you see that? so you're "shouldn't" isn't justified. He does say in fact that they SHOULD break. Yes he does. He also said, it's a temporary fix to the problem. Where's the "should not break" you're getting? lil bit of too much reading between the lines imho.

You are correct, he said they SHOULD break, but before that he said they WILL NEVER break...I believe WILL NEVER trumps SHOULD...Maybe you should learn how to put together cognitive thoughts logically before you type them and hit Submit....

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

FishinPro wrote:Maybe you should learn how to put together cognitive thoughts logically before you type them and hit Submit....
NEA
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

FishinPro wrote:
Loathed wrote:
Robbbb wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:

You are correct, he said they SHOULD break, but before that he said they WILL NEVER break...I believe WILL NEVER trumps SHOULD...Maybe you should learn how to put together cognitive thoughts logically before you type them and hit Submit....
he also said he was incorrect in saying that, what part of this is hard to understand?
-honestly does him saying they will never break trump his own words of admitting it was a mistake and it is not correct? I mean let's say tomorrow you woke up and saw a patch on how gf blessed items were changed to the way they should be, would you then quit the server? I'm guessing you would. Now see that's difference between you and I. I have stayed here even though the existing gf items go against era accuracy which is what this server is based on. You however would leave because you wouldn't have it ur way. Oh i'm sorry the way Derrick said, long ago -before he admitted he was wrong on it. Maybe we should just make a poll on it and compare. How many folks have stayed compared to how many will leave if it's changed to how it should be. You're whole concept on his "they will never break" claim is far off. You know it's wrong and to hold him to it is even more off. Hybrid has blessed items that never break, pick up the pixels you seek there. I am still pro t2a accuracy and this is one of the many things that is plaguing the server.

Dear Derrick, please just put ur foot down, refund them the silver or wtfever but please make the items breakable- it's how it should be and should always have been. You're not wrong for admitting your wrong and then taking the next step and correcting it. Doesn't make you a liar. It means you f'd up and are fixing the problem. You never said, you wouldn't refund the silver if you screwed up- so take that road. Put an end to all this madness. Please break the tides.
Last edited by Loathed on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

Loathed wrote: he also said he was incorrect in saying that, what part of this is hard to understand?

Well as the saying from this movie clip goes:

"Whats done is done dad, are you going to invest or not?!"

NAME THAT CLIP!

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!