Blessed Items should break from damage [continued, part II]

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Pac

Re: Blessed Items should break from damage [continued, part

Post by Pac »

Taboo wrote: I personally think blessed items SHOULDNT break btw.
They are blessed, not noobified. Its all just very ridiculous..... all of it.
Blessed means you keep it when you die, even if you are Red. It has nothing to do with not taking damage. There is no good argument for keeping this NEA gear in the game other than people just wanting to keep their precious little Trammel gear.

Ganklord

Post by Ganklord »

Pac wrote:
Taboo wrote: I personally think blessed items SHOULDNT break btw.
They are blessed, not noobified. Its all just very ridiculous..... all of it.
Blessed means you keep it when you die, even if you are Red. It has nothing to do with not taking damage. There is no good argument for keeping this NEA gear in the game other than people just wanting to keep their precious little Trammel gear.
Agree.
Jason- wrote:It's not just you. I want to punch a baby after reading his sentences.
okgoace wrote:dont spend too much time with this ganklord character, he is the ultimate griefer, lurker, troll.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Loathed wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:
GuardianKnight wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:Blessed items should break. Why was this one particular aspect allowed to be grandfathered in! There are tons of items that were NOT grandfathered after a patch decreased their worth or utility.
I agree. Pre-patch ice white 4th of july hats should be grandfathered to be cut again. Thanks matron.
I actually agree with you all kidding aside. If magical blessed trammel items can exist in this strange grandfathered state, then why weren't the bless deeds created before the patch themselves grandfatheres? Why aren't your hats cuttable? I could create a list of examples to this logic ad nauseum.

simply because Derrick said, "yes- items blessed will never break" that's it-- and buttplugs can't take a step back and say you know it's wrong for us to hold him to that. That's why... plain and simple :(
I think it was more along the lines of someone who was thinking about getting a bless deed for their neon-trammel-mask through the (now years old) silver turn in system. They asked something like "Do blessed items ever break", to which Derrick replied "No they don't". (I'm paraphrasing here).

I think it's just silly that this one comment, which was obviously referring to to the deeds and how they effected items AT THE TIME, would be interpreted as "DERRICK PROMISED US THAT OUR MASKS WOULD NEVER BREAK LOZL".

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

FishinPro wrote:Image
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Pac

Post by Pac »

nightshark wrote:
FishinPro wrote:Image
Like I said, you in favor of Trammel gear have no legitimate argument left. No need to remind us.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I couldn't give less of a hoot. Check my characters, I don't even have any GFed items.

edit: I could've sworn this post was in trash talk
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

It's not beating a dead horse since the issue has not been concluded. Plenty of people still want to talk about this. There is a legitimate argument to be made for the un-grandfathering of these items.

You should have posted a .gif for "Stop talking about things that I disagree with".

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Well, no. I think the events threads are just as senseless as this thread and I'm pro-events. Blessed Items breaking from clothing is something I don't really care about. Both issues have years of the same people posting the same opinions in an attempt to garner more support. I believe staff are pretty aware of both issues, bumping threads and repeating the same tired arguments is beating a dead horse.

There are plenty of era inaccuracy postings that need looking at that get virtually no attention from players, nor the staff. These threads are just a waste of their time. Is eliminating a few masks from the shard (which affect less than 1% of our total playerbase, and probably noone in this thread) really that important? Or is there an ulterior motive for many of the people posting in this thread?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

nightshark wrote:Blessed Items breaking from clothing is something I don't really care about.
That's rather hard to imagine since you go out of your way so often to comment on the matter. If an issue that people are discussing is of no concern of yours, then don't join the argument and then complain when it's argumentative or seemingly "counterproductive". Many people feel that the items should break, in fact, it's era accurate that they do break. Many other people don't want to lose some items are are worth an inflated amount of money, I get that. But we can all talk about it.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Inflated amount of money would be correct.
MatronDeWinter wrote:Many other people don't want to lose some items are are worth an inflated amount of money,
I personally wear GFed 902s. I wear them because they are a beautiful shade of grey to my eyeballs.
http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/25409
If i wanted to buy another more "elite" pair I certainly could. I find myself both agreeing and disagreeing. It is because I find it disgusting to see beautiful things break, understand that they should, and mad that they can not be replaced. To see a jet white bear mask break and to never exist again should be enough to stop you people in your tracks and cause you to STFU.

I do, however, strongly dislike people who inflate because they are greedy jerk offs....... and although I personally do like the guy, I do seriously dislike what he seems to do. 2 vowels.

I think everyone should have a chance to work hard and attain things. Why is this not possible? Why is breaking them possible? and why would you discontinue the ability to cut up white hats because they are white?

Trammy is a pointless inflammatory attack. I can and will kill each and every one of you. That is all.

Pac

Post by Pac »

Taboo wrote:To see a jet white bear mask break and to never exist again should be enough to stop you people in your tracks and cause you to STFU.
Frankly, being on a T2A-era shard, I would like to see all the colored masks and Trammel invincible gear break and never exist again since it should have never existed in the first place.

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

Oh your mad cuz I'm still stylin on ya
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

a mexican

Post by a mexican »

Taboo wrote:To see a jet white bear mask break and to never exist again
We can all dream, can't we?

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
nightshark wrote:Blessed Items breaking from clothing is something I don't really care about.
That's rather hard to imagine since you go out of your way so often to comment on the matter.
In any discussion on these forums, it is hardly out of any member's way to comment on the matter. I have never had a GF blessed item but would still be in support of them breaking, even if I ever did.

Era-Accuracy > All
Last edited by Blaise on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Andersonius

Post by Andersonius »

The reason GF items exist is because a patch was implemented and all further items will go by the criteria stated in the mechanics. This was taken care of, you bless things and they now can break.

Take away GF blessed items, GF house placement.....well old pre ided items should be destroyed as well......

The point is it is foolish, they are GF items because they are from before the implementation of a patch.
I dont see any point in why these things need to be done away with except for those who don't have them.