Vesper Siege

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Vesper Siege

Post by Ronk »

As anyone who follows the forums and in game events should know, the Vesper Siege is coming up (assuming of course us tricky orcs haven't royally fooled you all into defending the wrong city ;-).

During the Skara Brae invasion, the basic guidelines of victory was for the orcs to hold the city for about an hour. The win conditions were loosely there and open to interpretation from Yoda as to when the timer started, etc. There were some (and by some I mean a single person in IRC) complaints about the humans not knowing the terms.

For the Vesper invasion, time matters little. Vesper's outcome will be determined by zone control. In the diagram below you can see 13 red circles...in essence, each of vespers islands.

The Bloodrocks goal will be to conquer each island before being totally wiped out. There is no scripting involved and, to a degree, this will be open to Derrick and Yodas interpreation but the loose rules are this:

-- If all NPC's on a given island are slain (shop keepers, etc. Hired NPCs brought there don't count, lol). Then the island falls to the orcs. At that time, bloodrock orc NPC's will begin spawning on that island and the actual orcs will move on.

-- If all islands fall, the city of Vesper shares the same fate as Cove and Skara Brae.

-- On the flip side, if every bloodrock orc is eliminated (and no orcs are left to resurrect us) then the humans successfully defend the city. At which time the NPC orcs will stop respawning and will need to be cleaned up/killed.

-- Note: The intent of this event is player vs player. The spawns should be mostly contained to the islands that were conquered. If you stay away from these islands you should avoid the spawn. If you want to bring dragons/pets, you are welcome to but be warned...the NPC orcs have some ambushes and traps in mind to quickly take out dragons (I.E. Hordes of dragons may get overwhelmed by dragon killing orcs and you'll lose them. I'm not suggesting this is a given but its a warning and when/if you lose 40 dragons you have no room to complain.)

-- Just to be clear. If an orc dies, we are going to resurrect him. For Vesper victory it has to be a total orcish wipeout.

-- Don't bring what you can't afford to lose. While I highly doubt the Bloodrock will be taking the time to loot anyone, you can bet there'll be the normal hordes of stealth looters picking at bodies.

-- If you want the event time...its variable. If you want the event day...scan the Tales of Adventure forum.

Hopefully, everyone has a good time!
Attachments
vesper.gif
vesper.gif (158.84 KiB) Viewed 3568 times
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Vesper Siege

Post by BlackFoot »

I have many statues on my mantle from destroying you dirty orcs. Soon there will be one more to polish.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

BlackFoot wrote:I have many statues on my mantle from destroying you dirty orcs. Soon there will be one more to polish.
Except, I don't think this event will have trophys. If you participate you should do so for fun/entertainment. Of course, im not a member of the staff and maybe they will decide to give something out.

Unless you meant orc heads when you said statues ^_^
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

If I am defending the city against you vile orcs and the griefers (reds) show up, will they be free to attack anyone or can they get the guards called on them?
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

WiseOne wrote:If I am defending the city against you vile orcs and the griefers (reds) show up, will they be free to attack anyone or can they get the guards called on them?
Guards will be down. Therefore, they'll be free to attack you.

I will point out though, if humans run around and kill all the NPC's it doesnt' "help us win". This is where GM judgment comes into play a little bit. We still have to 'conquer' each island.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

I am hoping there will be enough good humans to band together. Regardless, you filthy orcs must be stopped at any cost!
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

We just need a few tamers with a 10-20 dragon turret to defend the islands and the orcs CANNOT win!!

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Robbbb wrote:We just need a few tamers with a 10-20 dragon turret to defend the islands and the orcs CANNOT win!!
Uh huh, if you read my entire post you'll probably figure out why this won't work. Unless you want to provide us with free hides and meat. ^_^
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Brules

Post by Brules »

Reminder - don't MC the orcs please mmmmk?

xevec
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by xevec »

Sounds cool, I'm glad that you posted some sort of conditions for victory or loss. Now I'm finally glad Vesper has all those bridges. :)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

We shall prevail!!
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

random guy

Post by random guy »

Pirul wrote:We shall prevail!!
HO HAA HOHOHOHOHOHO *FARTS* HOOOO HOHOHOHOHOHO Dat Gug Jowk en et mayk Ee laff.

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

If I'm able to attend this, I will man the forge at the Blacksmithy. I've a feeling we'll need all the blades and armor we can muster.

Jayrich

Post by Jayrich »

sounds cool but you didnt say when this will occur ?

pls say day and time + time zone this event will be ocurring thanks :D

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Jayrich wrote:sounds cool but you didnt say when this will occur ?

pls say day and time + time zone this event will be ocurring thanks :D
Nope, though I mentioned this:
Ronk wrote:-- If you want the event time...its variable. If you want the event day...scan the Tales of Adventure forum.
There is no specific time being given. The orc plans that were found pointed to a city and the crude translation from orcish to human only gave a day. (which was UO days which translated to roughly sunday night sometime).

I'm sure if orcs were more known to write books and...well..write in general...that a specific time may of been found. Though the chaotic nature of orcs means they'll attack when they feel like it.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock