Stables Full.... still

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mazuhito

Re: Stables Full.... still

Post by Mazuhito »

Nobody goes around towns making sure warrior cannot buy a weapon, nor mages from buying regs,and even if they did those vendors RESTOCK. Not just the original value but DOUBLE from the previous value,thus making the effort pointless. Stablemasters and their pet slots do not restock and do not double in capacity. You've effectivly allowed griefers to turn a playable character template into an unplayable one.
まずひと

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

avpr87 wrote:...as yesterday i managed to grab 2 extra slots.
This phenomonon has been a bit like a "run on the bank" I think. It started with a couple people hording, and I think it's become a trend for many people to now horde in defense. The power of the masses to fill up these spots could not likely be countered by bigger stables. They already exceed what was available in era.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

Mazuhito wrote:Nobody goes around towns making sure warrior cannot buy a weapon, nor mages from buying regs,and even if they did those vendors RESTOCK. Not just the original value but DOUBLE from the previous value,thus making the effort pointless. Stablemasters and their pet slots do not restock and do not double in capacity. You've effectivly allowed griefers to turn a playable character template into an unplayable one.
It's totally playable.

It takes about 5 minutes to go tame dragon. Even if you don't have stable slots you are the most powerful PvM char in 10 minutes.

Stop being lazy.

Tiwstacain

Post by Tiwstacain »

^^^This

also the reason some ppl are hording the slots is due to lame ass tamers going out with drag turrets of 50 at a time, now that very very rarely happens.... go tame 2 or 3 drags and boom u got enough to farm with

TC

avpr87

Post by avpr87 »

well i think with the 3 slots i have now, 1 for pure, and 2 for drags im more than happy, it took a while for me to get em but hopefully i can hold on to them, for everyone else looking for slots, ull jus have to keep checking an hopfully be lucky like i was. GL

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Mazuhito wrote:Nobody goes around towns making sure warrior cannot buy a weapon, nor mages from buying regs,and even if they did those vendors RESTOCK. Not just the original value but DOUBLE from the previous value,thus making the effort pointless. Stablemasters and their pet slots do not restock and do not double in capacity. You've effectivly allowed griefers to turn a playable character template into an unplayable one.
If you want to play the game of far flung comparisons...no warriors run around with 50 swords that they command to kill things either. Nor do swords have hit points, breath fire, etc.

Apples and Oranges.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Trojancow
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Trojancow »

I am in the process of reclaiming some stable slots. PM me in IRC and I'll give you one or two for free. When I reach #30, I'll be randomly releasing slots for anyone to stumble upon. If you are hoarding slots and want to donate yours to this experimental project, please let me know.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

There were at least 30 spots total free today at two different stables.. But they are now filled. PM for more info!
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33178&p=294378#p294378

Still 0 people have taken me up on this offer. So much passion to fight against a game mechanic and hardly anyone needs actual spots.

I felt bad for the fraction of stables that I had but I'm starting to see that people just wanted something to complain about.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Rixs

Post by Rixs »

small bio: I started playing UO on Atlantic in 98 and played pretty much non stop for the next 3 solid years.
I GMed taming about 3 months before UOR so I used the stables offten..

I rember the stables being full every once in a while. It really was not a big issue because you would just bounce to another stable and store your pets. I cant rember a single time having to go to a 3rd stable to store pets.

Seems like there has been a "run" on the stables on this shard. Causing a serious stable shortage.
I have been giving this some thought.
I guess my question would be. What is more important, To have accurate game mechanics OR accurate Game Play?

If the answer is game mechanics: Than I guess all that can be done is bumping up the stable masters total stored pet limit....Im not sure that would really change much..players would just stable a extra critters untill they were full again.

If the answer is accurate Game Play: I would say this well beaten horse could be put to rest . Remove the stable masters cap. With no max stored pets.. I have a sneaky suspicion the actually total numbers of stored pets would go down.(or at least not go up by much) There would be just no reason to have them extra 20 pets filler pets anymore..
Yes it would be inaccurate mechanically to have unliminted stable capacity BUT game play would be more accurate. As it was a non issue stableing pets back in 1999 at least on Atlantic.

Anyways thanks for reading my thoughts/ideas

Devils Keeper from Atlantic
Rixs from UOSA

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I can surely sell you some spots.

KublaiKhan
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by KublaiKhan »

This is a problem with the game kinda like placing large houses or trying lags the server so you fix it by a delay! Fix this by a cap on chars/account!!!!

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

m,
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson