Stable Masters broken

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Stable Masters broken

Post by GuardianKnight »

REPORTED ISSUE: Went to refresh my 5 dragons in skara , pulled them out of stables, and wouldn't let me put them back in.

ISSUE DETAILS: There was no one there to steal my spots. My choices are : take pets out of stables and lose them to eventual decay or don't take them out of stables and lose them to 7 day decay.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: Skara Brae - no one around at all.

STEPS TO RECREATE: You can't recreate it, it's random. Just random enough that you are gambling with your stable slots.

EXPECTED RESULTS: You cannot stable here due to slots being full.

DATE REPORTED: 9/7/11 but happened on 9/6/11

DATE STATUS CHANGED:
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Stable Masters broken

Post by GuardianKnight »

I have been informed that the issue stems from the guard zone being taken out of skara and it seems to reduce stable slots in an area.

So now we know.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Well yeah, it doesn't seem like a very safe place to put your pets! They should be confiscated from you immediately.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Isn't the same bug as you posted here?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31628

Its because some of the stables are over booked.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye. This was a result of the guards fleeing the town. Stable masters in unguarded areas have less capacity than those in guarded town; however pets are not deleted if the capacity changes, the result though is the inability to stable when over the max.

The effect on the stable master of this grisly and unwarranted invasion of Skara Brae by the bloodthirsty Bloockrock Orc clan was not predicted, but was an unintended tragedy. It's my understanding that the stablemaster herself has fled in terror after having been tormented and harassed by the invaders for over a day. She barely had time to scribble a note before she left.

We hope that Skara can be liberated soon. The loss of human life in the region is atrocious; the resulting homeless of innocent dragons and other friendly beasts only makes this invasion more horrific.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."