Urk/bloodrock orcs completely inaccurate

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Do you think bloodrock orc stats should be adjusted to be more era accurate?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:03 am

Yes
45%
Don't care
24%
No
31%

Total votes: 49

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Urk/bloodrock orcs completely inaccurate

Post by BenBrawl »

TheDaz wrote:Suggesting that the ORC NPCs are overpowered is fruitful, but generally complaining about the event overall, and in such a nitpicky way, is selfish and shortsighted. Don't participate if you don't like it. Skara and Cove are not towns that one needs to visit every day to enjoy UO

It's a lot of fun having the bloodrock clan in t2a. Their presence adds greatly to the shard. I, and probably everyone else but you, would prefer to fight them in town invasions then solely NPCs.

agree!!

Sure some of the NPC Urks are tough, but i feel that adds to the fun of it. What fun would it be if you could just 1 shot kill them. Defeat them in a matter of minutes?
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

TheBreadMan wrote:I vote weaker orcs!

I vote more orc invasions!
^ This

Also, I think I know where the damn URK are heading next, and don't think for a second we'll take it lightly!!
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

TheDaz wrote:Suggesting that the ORC NPCs are overpowered is fruitful, but generally complaining about the event overall, and in such a nitpicky way, is selfish and shortsighted. Don't participate if you don't like it. Skara and Cove are not towns that one needs to visit every day to enjoy UO

It's a lot of fun having the bloodrock clan in t2a. Their presence adds greatly to the shard. I, and probably everyone else but you, would prefer to fight them in town invasions then solely NPCs.
dren wrote:
Thanks! So scratch 4. & 5. on my suggestions. Nice job on the RP Urks!

That leaves 1-3.
For those who this isn't clear to from what I wrote initially or after -- I'm in favor of town invasions. I'm in favor of fighting Urks at town invasions. I am in favor of Urk/other RP and what that offers to the server. I see no issue with successfully invaded towns being occupied. However, I am not in favor of era inaccurate monsters, thus this poll.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Pirul wrote:
TheBreadMan wrote:I vote weaker orcs!

I vote more orc invasions!
^ This

Also, I think I know where the damn URK are heading next, and don't think for a second we'll take it lightly!!
Oh reeeely :-p And you and what army is gonna stop us? Good luck raising one, seems like the humans just bicker and fight each other as their territory slips through their fingers.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Drunk Monk

Post by Drunk Monk »

GM's in-era would spawn crazy things and take control of them and/or leave the NPC spawns. I remember talking to a unique troll and a balron that was controlled by a GM on Chesapeake (took our entire guild to drop the troll oddly). Not no mention the famous undead invasion of Trinsic that we thought would never end, and the raids that happened in Vesper.

The cool thing about era accuracy when applied to Staff/Player relationship is it was different on every shard. As it is here. You cannot compare what happend in Chesapeake's events with say, a smaller shard (Insert whatever you did NOT play here).

If Derrick or one of the guys decides to spawn up a beefed-up green ettin, talks to players while killing a few will you cry "NEA!!" also? Things like that WAS era accurate to me, and those from Chesapeake.
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

Drunk Monk wrote:GM's in-era would spawn crazy things and take control of them and/or leave the NPC spawns. I remember talking to a unique troll and a balron that was controlled by a GM on Chesapeake (took our entire guild to drop the troll oddly). Not no mention the famous undead invasion of Trinsic that we thought would never end, and the raids that happened in Vesper.

The cool thing about era accuracy when applied to Staff/Player relationship is it was different on every shard. As it is here. You cannot compare what happend in Chesapeake's events with say, a smaller shard (Insert whatever you did NOT play here).

If Derrick or one of the guys decides to spawn up a beefed-up green ettin, talks to players while killing a few will you cry "NEA!!" also? Things like that WAS era accurate to me, and those from Chesapeake.

I to remember on chessy the unique spawns gms would do. I remember a little mini thing they did once where a great dire wolf (same as a dire wolf but different color and way stronger) and its pack of dire wolfs attacked the farmers outside of skara.

EDIT: i cant beleive i found a write up of the event!!!
http://town.uo.com/bnn/article_394.html
Last edited by BenBrawl on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Drunk Monk wrote:GM's in-era would spawn crazy things and take control of them and/or leave the NPC spawns. I remember talking to a unique troll and a balron that was controlled by a GM on Chesapeake (took our entire guild to drop the troll oddly). Not no mention the famous undead invasion of Trinsic that we thought would never end, and the raids that happened in Vesper.

I can understand his 'not era accurate' point of view. But...

- We've had orc spawns in our fort almost since day one of the fort.
- There was no complaint when cove was lost.
- His initial rant about duration and role play.

... ive concluded that he is more upset about the city of skara than anything else. If era accuracy was truly his concern, I think the thread would have appeared months ago and been a little more focused as opposed to becoming focused as the many other points got nixed.

Either way, in my opinion I could care less about how powerful the orc spawn is. If they are weakened, it just means there'll have to be more of them when the seers (Excuse me, GM) decides to spawn some for a purpose. Overall, they do not unbalance things or cause any harm. In the case of Skara, they were only a problem for people who weren't fighting the bloodrock at the docks and they did a good job of focusing the battle to key areas. Their overall purpose is to create enjoyment for everyone...and they do that successfully.

If its felt they are too powerful or too unbalanced, they can be removed/toned down, I could care less. But making 'thin as paper' claims under the guise of era accuracy is silly. Dren should man up and say the real reason he is against them.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Ronk wrote: If its felt they are too powerful or too unbalanced, they can be removed/toned down, I could care less. But making 'thin as paper' claims under the guise of era accuracy is silly. Dren should man up and say the real reason he is against them.
I contacted staff about this before skara ever got invaded. I didn't even know about the new bloodrock orc tweaks or Cove successful invasion until semi-recently. If you don't agree with me that's okay. Everyone has different points of view and rational arguments can often add a new point of view for people and even change peoples minds. However, assuming I'm lying about my motives or that my facts which are obvious and can be seen at any moment by anyone logging into the server are not resting on their own is just silly.

The poll is simple, you want the bloodrock orcs adjusted or not.

No reason to make personal attacks on me. This is not a dren vs. urk, a popularity contest, or something else you have imagined in your head. Please just vote yes, don't care, or no -- feel free to add your experiences pros/cons similar experiences on other shards in era and ideas about the bloodrock creatures here...

Thanks to those of you who are already doing just that...
Last edited by dren on Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

Drunk Monk

Post by Drunk Monk »

dren: I just re-read back to the start of this thread where (in regards to the NPC orc spawns) you said, "Increased loot would be ok."

This is all I have to add:

KOM GEB SUM UMMIES!!! WEI CHOOM OLL UU DUMHEDS!!

NOOGGRRAAAHH!!
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

dren wrote:
No reason to make personal attacks on me. This is not a dren vs. urk, a popularity contest, or something else you have imagined in your head. Please just vote yes, don't care, or no -- feel free to add your experiences pros/cons similar experiences on other shards in era and ideas about the bloodrock creatures here...

Thanks to those of you who are already doing just that...
Hmm, I didn't think I got personal. Just stated that I believe, due to your timing and other posts, that you have motives beyond genuinely seeking era accuracy.

And I guess your previous comment...
dren wrote: Sounds good Ronk, I think 1 single player guild with about 10-20 active players (usually only 4-5 on at a time) should invade all the towns on the server with 1000s of completely inaccurate creatures and without putting forth any resources for their RP war on the towns of Britannia. Urk creatures should occupy two and soon to be three towns while Urks themselves and their spawn cant even defend their fort from 1 or 2 people. Makes perfect sense!
confused me. As this seems to be an attack on URK and an expectation that we should be logged in 24/7. Not to mention it seems to imply the thread is about us paying to run seer sponsored quests.

As for voting, I already did. I voted 'I don't care', because I don't. We don't need a spawn. Their main purpose is to create added fun for people who may want to compete in events and not pvp. Whether they are god like or die like mongbats and whether they have loot or not doesn't concern me.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Ronk, I lived in compassion, spent a lot of time at urk fort, my guild has alts in Urk, I support Urk and what they're doing RP-wise. I just don't see a legit reason to have crazy buffed orcs that can kill 4 daemons just doesn't make sense to me. In a town invasion or in your fort.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

dren wrote:Ronk, I lived in compassion, spent a lot of time at urk fort, my guild has alts in Urk, I support Urk and what they're doing RP-wise. I just don't see a legit reason to have crazy buffed orcs that can kill 4 daemons just doesn't make sense to me. In a town invasion or in your fort.
I won't argue with that. It is a valid point. The only spawned orc that should be godlike is the one named Drug'gar. Lol.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Drunk Monk

Post by Drunk Monk »

Ronk wrote:
dren wrote:Ronk, I lived in compassion, spent a lot of time at urk fort, my guild has alts in Urk, I support Urk and what they're doing RP-wise. I just don't see a legit reason to have crazy buffed orcs that can kill 4 daemons just doesn't make sense to me. In a town invasion or in your fort.
I won't argue with that. It is a valid point. The only spawned orc that should be godlike is the one named Drug'gar. Lol.
Drug'gar, Thraka, and Xukluk should be spawned one at a time. If Trugagh doesn't wake up, we should ask about him. He's too old for this shit. HOHOHO

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

I agree that the red NPC orcs are too fast and powerful, it was impossible to be unmounted in skara because of this.
Last edited by Halbu on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adunaphel

Post by Adunaphel »

What accurate monster equivalent would you suggest, Dren? If the'ye made into slightly buffed normal orcs, then they just become clutter that people will ignore. Their entire purpose is to provide support for a guild that isn't made up of mounted 7x tank mages.

Make then, say, Cyclops equivalents? Less? More?

Also, didn't you just make a post fairly recently concerning the addition of home-brew monsters because they were era-accurate? That is exactly what the blood orcs are.