The Fall of Skara Brae (Screenshots)

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

The Fall of Skara Brae (Screenshots)

Post by Ronk »

The mightly Bloodrock orcs, under the leadership of their new chieftain, gathered at their fort. With the Krenbluk empowered chest in the background demanding heads, the Klerg'goth announced that the eldur orc Thigog had the floor to speak.
orc1.JPG
orc1.JPG (59.84 KiB) Viewed 3950 times
Thigog spoke...

tudai wez attak humie tuwn
dem kall et skar brae
er wutebur...
dum nayme
wez takyun bak wut is urz
peeze bi peeze
furzt kobe (Krothulaand)
jat diz tuwn
humies wull tri un stob uz
but tuu helb breeng Krenbluk
wez muzt tayk diz tuwn
fyte hurd
sum ub uu weel see Belok
sum un un weel gayn graty gloree

In mid speech, Ne'rull sniffed the air. He called upon Krenbluk, god of blood, for his magic and began summoning a wall. A foolish human charged into the fort in an attempt to determine what was going on. A stone wall materialized around the doors as the Bloodrock orcs went into a blood frenzy and claimed the humies head to satiate Krenbluk's thirst.
orc2.JPG
orc2.JPG (66.96 KiB) Viewed 3950 times
orc3.JPG
orc3.JPG (55.85 KiB) Viewed 3950 times
The Klerg'goth ordered the orcs back in line and Thigog finished his speech.

bud ull dat maddurz
iz hai gayn greet glorree
nub uu
nub ee
Hai!
dat ull dat maddur
Hai
hai iz ull
Uruks iz ull!
Tyme fur humies tuu suffer
NOOOGRAAHHH!

Thigog returned to line and the chieftain demanded a mojoduur (gate) to the boat.
orc4.JPG
orc4.JPG (56.4 KiB) Viewed 3950 times
The orcs, using the docks of the recently conquered cove, set sail on their long journey to a city none would ever expect to see an orc in...Skara Brae. As the ship neared the Skara Brae docks, Hug'orgh got a little ahead of himself and fell overboard. Luckily, Markug was quick to pull him back on board.
orc5.JPG
orc5.JPG (44.56 KiB) Viewed 3950 times
The orcish vessel docked at the port and the orcs piled off the ship. "Claim their heads" the chieftain proclaimed in orcish.
orc6.JPG
orc6.JPG (41.51 KiB) Viewed 3950 times
orc7.JPG
orc7.JPG (58.95 KiB) Viewed 3950 times
Attachments
orc6.JPG
orc6.JPG (41.51 KiB) Viewed 3950 times
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The Fall of Skara Brae (Screenshots)

Post by Ronk »

The orcs ran down the docks slaying fisherman and sailors alike. Elsewhere on the island, other orcs landed their ships and made way for the bank, the stables, and the path between the moongate and the town.

Magical walls were erected to trap fleeing humans. Verse such an onslaught, they could do little but die and feed the orcs their horse.
orc8.JPG
orc8.JPG (57.24 KiB) Viewed 3942 times
Just then Ne'rull felt the tingle of magic and spotted a moongate opening on the eastern end of the dock. As dragons poured through he switched his tactic from a stone wall to a magical portal of his own to send the dragons to the abyss.
orc9.JPG
orc9.JPG (57.83 KiB) Viewed 3942 times
The rest of the orcs, noticing their Shaman charged off alone, quickly followed. The tamer who commanded the beasts was quickly dispatched and the dragons were either slain or sent to hell.
orc10.JPG
orc10.JPG (67.59 KiB) Viewed 3942 times
orc11.JPG
orc11.JPG (45.08 KiB) Viewed 3942 times
The orcs returned and pressed forward into the actual city. Dragons fell, humans were run through, and none survived.
orc12.JPG
orc12.JPG (43.71 KiB) Viewed 3942 times
The battle raged for a full day (2 hours). The chieftain and his elite crew held the docks to prevent reinforcements while the grunt orcs ran amuck through the city slaying towns folk, dragons, and defenders. The mounted orcs ran down fleeing humans while the mojokas healed, walled, and summoned horrible demons. The snagas (peons) began lighting buildings on fire and the smell of death drifted about.

By early dawn of the next day, the Bloodrock orcs were fully entrenched in the city. A human vessel sailed up in an attempt to break through the blockade of the docks. At first they were unsuccessful but finally the orcs made a key flaw. Half of the orcs set sail to go on the offensive, leaving far too few to defend the docks. After dispatching the orcish ship the humans were successfully able to route the docks of any remaining orcs.

Though the city had fallen, the docks remain under the control of the humans....for now. Perhaps, if a leader steps up and unites the fractured humans into a single alliance, and with a bit of reconnaissance work, the orcs next city of attack can be determined ahead of time and, perhaps, the fight can be taken to the orcs on their home turf!

(Note: My apologies for the lack of many late battle screenshots. Dabo gave me humie heads in mid combat and apparently a trade window corrupts RPV's. So while I have 99% of the event recorded, the recording is corrupted and I can't view it. Feel free to tack on any pictures you may have).
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

itwouldbewise

Post by itwouldbewise »

Great post! :)

As for the RPV corruption, I've found that if I manage to close (right click) the trade window at just the right time during the video (before the trade is completed), I have been able to make it past them without a client crash. Might be worth a try ;).
Mistah T
The Pity-er of Fools

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

itwouldbewise wrote:Great post! :)

As for the RPV corruption, I've found that if I manage to close (right click) the trade window at just the right time during the video (before the trade is completed), I have been able to make it past them without a client crash. Might be worth a try ;).
Ill def give it a try! If I can get it, ill post some more screenies.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

randale

Post by randale »

I didn't know guilds could conquer towns (and what exactly is meant by conquer, once you conquer it what can you do with it) in T2A, I knew that factions could do it, then set up their own vendors, but weren't factions introduced later than T2A? Thought the guards will kill you all if you did it.

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

I'm interested to see what exactly the criteria for URK being able to take and control a town is.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

randale wrote:I didn't know guilds could conquer towns (and what exactly is meant by conquer, once you conquer it what can you do with it) in T2A, I knew that factions could do it, then set up their own vendors, but weren't factions introduced later than T2A? Thought the guards will kill you all if you did it.
Nothing. It just sits there until the seer story arc is complete. We can't profit off of it, access it, or do anything with it.

Its more akin to when the undead took over trinisic. For a month or more trinsic had undead spawn all over it and it became a 'dungeon' of sorts.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

I dont know why everyone thinks URK "gets" anything out of all this.The only thing we get is more PvP/interaction with everyone on the server that would like to come.
You dont even have to RP at these things if you dont want,there were plenty of greifers/looters there too.
The reason these things are done with URK is that we have a dedicated base and we want to involve everyone we can in the fun.Why is that so hard for you umies to understand.....The core of URK has been on secondage since 2008....how many other guilds have been active with the rest of the server population for that long?

We dont care if you're dewds or RP or whatever,we like you all...just in different ways!!

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

All I wanted to know is what the criteria is for the town to "fall" and have the NPC Bloodrocks put in.

I think I already know what the answer is, but just wanted to make sure I was 100% correct. So if any of you dumb orcs can take the time to smash your face into the keys and produce a response, I'd appreciate it. :mrgreen:

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Vhyx wrote:All I wanted to know is what the criteria is for the town to "fall" and have the NPC Bloodrocks put in.

I think I already know what the answer is, but just wanted to make sure I was 100% correct. So if any of you dumb orcs can take the time to smash your face into the keys and produce a response, I'd appreciate it. :mrgreen:
In this particular case, the guards were dropped for the event and the criteria was to hold our ground for an hour. We held it for two.

The city of Cove really had no set criteria. It was more of a surprise/ambush/free win type scenerio to kick things off. In theory, had we been rolled hardcore there it coulda been stopped but it was fairly unlikely.

The criteria of the next stage of the event will probably be more territorial control than any specific duration. Also, depending on whether any humies step up, its likely the next event will be announced ahead of time.

Overall though, there are no set rules. Its a seer event and each one can be slightly different. If you had a grand idea, you can always pitch it to derrick/yoda.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

No, no grand idea.

Just figured it had something to do with your ability to control an area, and defeat the defenders. Thanks for confirming.

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

randale wrote:I didn't know guilds could conquer towns (and what exactly is meant by conquer, once you conquer it what can you do with it) in T2A, I knew that factions could do it, then set up their own vendors, but weren't factions introduced later than T2A? Thought the guards will kill you all if you did it.

Your over thinking it.

Its a player event with the Urk guild, and with the help of the staff. Urks are very violent creatures, so the world event is that they are taking over citys, and the humans must stop them. Once the event is over, everything will return to normal.

Its just a event, nothing more
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC

fortin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fortin »

Cool screenshots, looked like fun

but

When is this ending and how can I take back the town? The stable master has mysteriously disappeared and the very first wyrm I ever tamed has likely decayed along with 5+ mares. I have kept that wyrm alive for 8 months..I can wipe this town clean of urks in 20 minutes...CMON, this is a bit unfair don't ya think? Cove have been conquered for how long now???

Is this going to happen to every city that gets "conquered"? Do I need to move all my pets to t2a? Is there any city where I wont lose my shit?

What I am really hoping is that the GMs somehow magically froze the stable masters clock when they removed it. But knowing UO I doubt that's going to happen and my shit is probably already gone. Also, someone just told me the same thing happened to them before and he lost everything so that only confirms my suspicions.

I need to make an Urk just so I know what towns not to stable my pets at.....

I dont want to bitch and complain without offering a solution that also fits the whole role-playing aspect of this event. The stable master should be removed from the town as a hostage and moved to where the Urk stable master is located. That way players can refresh their stuff and the Urks can take over as many towns as they want. It also sounds within the powers of a GM but I dont know for sure.

Can anyone give any insight into what happened during the OSI days?

Adunaphel

Post by Adunaphel »

I was under the impression that the entire reason the stablemaster was removed was so that people didn't have their pets killed by the spawn when they went to refresh them. In that case, the gms would have almost certainly froze the decay timer. I wouldn't worry about it.

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

Adunaphel wrote:I was under the impression that the entire reason the stablemaster was removed was so that people didn't have their pets killed by the spawn when they went to refresh them. In that case, the gms would have almost certainly froze the decay timer. I wouldn't worry about it.

truth!
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC