Restricting Ridable Llamas and Ostards to T2A.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Restricting Ridable Llamas and Ostards to T2A.

Post by Hemperor »

Not sure if this has already been mentioned:
* Players will be able to ride a mounted ostard or rideable llama across Lost Land/Britannian access points.
* Allow for rideable llamas to be mounted in the Old Lands (Britannia).
http://update.uo.com/design_279.html

Kaivan wrote:I believe this is what you are looking for Derrick:

Temporary Change to Gates Sep 9 1999 9:13AM CST
  • After going through a gate cast by a player, there will be a random delay of 3 to 10 seconds before you can go though that gate again, or through any other gate.
  • Note that this change is temporary. We will update you again once it is changed back.
This was reverted some time during UOR, although I don't have the information about exactly what patch removed it.
Players will now be required to wait a minimum two seconds between player-cast gate trips. Attempting to pass through a single, player-cast gate multiple times will cause this wait period to grow longer.
http://update.uo.com/design_199.html

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Frozard Hyromantle

Post by Frozard Hyromantle »

From what I remember is you couldnt bring them out, but there was some way to exploit a boat route to t2a where you could get them out, but it was eventually fixed. And of course, eventually you could get them out legally.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm planning to implement both these items in the next publish.
Kaivan wrote:I believe this is what you are looking for Derrick:

Temporary Change to Gates Sep 9 1999 9:13AM CST
  • After going through a gate cast by a player, there will be a random delay of 3 to 10 seconds before you can go though that gate again, or through any other gate.
  • Note that this change is temporary. We will update you again once it is changed back.
This was reverted some time during UOR, although I don't have the information about exactly what patch removed it.
Faust wrote: Found this today while researching.
T2A Travel Delay May 11 2000 1:54PM CST
The voice triggered teleporters will have the same delay placed on them as player cast gates. Players will now be required to wait a minimum two seconds when traveling via this method. Attempting to travel to and from the T2A lands multiple times will cause this wait period to grow longer. The waiting period will cap at approximately 32 seconds before resetting to two seconds.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

Are you removing or adding item #2?

That addition was after the UOR publish.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Faust wrote:Are you removing or adding item #2?

That addition was after the UOR publish.
oh oops. Read the date wrong. Thanks, I hadn't actually started coding the teleporter delay :) Scratch that one
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

I remember bringing item #2 up in another discussion. I believe someone mentioned that a delay like that existed for the t2a teleporters but wasn't sure when it was patched. I found it somewhere and posted it shortly after.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Derrick wrote:All the towns on the list are blue towns, so it's not ever been presented to reds.
I recall that it sent you to Chaos shrine as a red? Though, not really important since the whole thing is out of era anyway.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

nightshark wrote:
Derrick wrote:All the towns on the list are blue towns, so it's not ever been presented to reds.
I recall that it sent you to Chaos shrine as a red? Though, not really important since the whole thing is out of era anyway.
Aye, we patched this in a month or so ago, pendig finding something better than the stuck menu for self help map issues.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Derrick wrote:
nightshark wrote:
Aye, we patched this in a month or so ago, pendig finding something better than the stuck menu for self help map issues.
How about a compromise? Have the stuck option dump you somewhere really shitty, where you have to run for miles to get to town. Maybe at a random shrine...

That would stop people abusing it for a free recall, while keeping it useful for actually freeing stuck players.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Faust

Post by Faust »

nightshark wrote: How about a compromise? Have the stuck option dump you somewhere really shitty, where you have to run for miles to get to town. Maybe at a random shrine...

That would stop people abusing it for a free recall, while keeping it useful for actually freeing stuck players.
This was pretty much my thinking too The code could simply choose a random x, y coordinate not inside of a guarded region on the mainland. This way it wouldn't just place you on a random island, etc...

pm_lamont

Post by pm_lamont »

SERIOUSLY?...the gate patch was added temporarily at the END of the target era. why on gods green earth would one add a "feature" which is not only terribly inconvenient, but only in for the last part of the target era...the majority of the target time did not have this awful addition...

This patch is not necessary and actually is just yet another patch which inconveniences players. Only this time, both ways....the way it is already and the way proposed, are era accurate. Only one is barely accurate and I cant stress this enough, absurd!

Why are we doing this?! Why add things that cripple gameplay and possibilities. Remember that thread on making the sand box larger? Improving gameplay for players? This is the kind of thing that reduces the size of the sandbox! Every time I have posted things in this forum, they have been responded to, then lost among topics like this one; or washed with scathing ridicule. This MAY be my last post in here tbh. I can only hope that my words aren't falling on deaf ears...But I truly believe this will be a patch anyway :(. If this rediculous nit picking is our future, leaving the bad in era and taking out the good....why bother at all? I hope someone reads this and at least understands my point of view.

Why post at all one might ask? This post is more for me than for forum readers. I just wanted to say something, and imagine that it would have an affect. I have a few ideas to improve the shard greatly, and in era, but I dont want to put any effort into getting all the research Ive done, putting it together, and making a post, when I already know none of the other posts have been finalized or decided upon. The one that was, the changes reverted a week later and never returned, even after a second post.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

"Players will be able to use stable masters in both areas with T2A or Britannian creatures. Players will be able to remove Lost Lands creatures from the stables while being within the Britannian lands, and vice versa. "

This would imply that all stables were connected before then and we should be able to use all stables as if they were the same one you stabled pets in.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

GuardianKnight wrote:"Players will be able to use stable masters in both areas with T2A or Britannian creatures. Players will be able to remove Lost Lands creatures from the stables while being within the Britannian lands, and vice versa. "

This would imply that all stables were connected before then and we should be able to use all stables as if they were the same one you stabled pets in.
not necessarily

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Well if you couldn't remove lost land pets from stables until that patch, that that would mean that you could remove other pets from stables but it wouldn't remove your lost land ones. Therefore it is saying that your stables were all connected but restricted to those pets.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

GuardianKnight wrote:"Players will be able to use stable masters in both areas with T2A or Britannian creatures. Players will be able to remove Lost Lands creatures from the stables while being within the Britannian lands, and vice versa. "
Can you please attribute this quotation? I haven't a clue where this was taken from.