The Magincia Beach Giveaway

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
TheDaz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The Magincia Beach Giveaway

Post by TheDaz »

Theograd,

First off, sorry to hear that you're leaving.

Second, I hope you have a soft spot in your heart for thieves. I've been looking for a home base for a purely-thieves guild. There was one when I was around in 2009, but no longer (cA, while hilarious, doesn't fill that specific a niche). Thieves are underappreciated here on t2a, yet they fulfill a vital role of keeping everyone on their toes, an aspect sorely lacking in trammel-worlds. I'd like to make one house on Magincia beach a safe space for thieves to discuss successful pickpocketings, and the typical ensuing hilarity. Thieves simply need a place to discuss thieving and thievish endeavors. You asked for a way to bring traffic to Magincia, but you didn't specifically suggest it couldn't be of the sordid variety!

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

Last day to get your ideas in!

elhorno
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by elhorno »

I meet a lot of new players and they always have the same question, "how can I make some gold and get a foothold in this shard?". Well I would like to turn one Magincia beach house into a welcome center.

I know what your thinking, there must be 3+ centers such as this already on this shard. Well mine would be different for a number of reasons, mainly however that the center would have an information only approach. There will be no free gold or items such as the other welcome centers on this shard. Instead there will be an expansive library with all of the topics appropriate for a new player, essentially a concise new players forums section, but in game.

An example of a part of the library would be under the "Making Gold" section of the library.
One book would be dedicated to sheering sheep for wool. It would give detailed directions as to how to do this effectively, along with a rune-book to the sheep farms.
Another would be how to make money using inscription, along with runes to mage shops.
Another would be how to make money using bowcraft/fletching, with appropriate runes.
Another would be Mining.
Another would be lumberjacking.
And so on and so on.
ALL would include simple macro intructions as well.

In the character development section there would be skill guides for all the skills, alphabetical of course, along with appropriate runes for those skills. Etc.

There would also be runes to the other new player welcome centers.

The idea is, this would be the starting place. Whenever you meet a new player that is asking the inevitable, "how can i make some gold and get a foothold in this shard?" question, you tell them to head to the beaches of Magincia, where all the information they want can be found. And more then information, runes to applicable locations in the guides.

What is GREAT about this location is how easy it is to find for new players, as well as its proximity to the guard zone. If i were to win a house in the giveaway, the beaches of Magincia would soon be known as THE place to send new players, because it offers something the other centers don't. Information.

Vishakt

Post by Vishakt »

*snorts* Humiez styll owe Vish hut fer de skribbulz pitkure. Humi buukz nub blah troof. Aniwey, Vish wyll clomp humies agh den sneek froo de humi citee agh hide der tingz enzide de humi citee. Vish wyll pud buuk in de hut dat blah wad kan be fownd. Mebbe wyll du dis eej Frydey abtur de kapshure de flag gaym dat urkz ulwuyz wyn.

Brules

Post by Brules »

Definately some of the best smalls on the shard.

Hope whoever gets them puts them to good use. If you do, I will gladly put up a featured rune in the $$$ rune library to help send traffic to it. Good luck!

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

Thank you everyone for participating. I've tried to spread out my choices between merchant, community, and one wild card. So the winners of a Magincia Beach small house are:

Dren, Jekkis, and Kander. Do Magincia proud.

Feel free to contact me and we'll find a time that works to transfer.

Bloodrock Announcer

Post by Bloodrock Announcer »

Skah! Umie ullaz wan, nub fayr. Ull dat uz ujiw ee juz clomp dem dumheds. Hohoho
SIGNATURE by repomanr85, on Flickr

elhorno
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by elhorno »

Who's Kandor and what was his idea?

Vishakt

Post by Vishakt »

Dis kontezt wuz fixed... urkz nub hab chanz. Vish gunna clomp humies ad dese huts, ezpeshully dis Kandor panzee, dat nub eben gib storee. *spits*

Brules

Post by Brules »

Grats to the winners - put them to good use!

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

elhorno wrote:Who's Kandor and what was his idea?

Im Kander and I have lots of ideas...... evil ones.

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i demand pics when you get a mill boards in there
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Drunk Monk

Post by Drunk Monk »

Kander wrote:
elhorno wrote:Who's Kandor and what was his idea?

Im Kander and I have lots of ideas...... evil ones.
I R KANDOR, RUM PLZ
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

The houses have been transferred. Enjoy and hopefully this moves a bit more traffic to the city. See you around, UOSA.

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

Thanks theograd you will be missed. Good luck!

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service