The Magincia Beach Giveaway

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The Magincia Beach Giveaway

Post by Ronk »

Brules wrote:Just put up a table wall if you need and then make it public. IRC me if you need assistance.

Also, you can lock down a chest behind tables. Then it becomes an 'input only' chest. (Def test it out). The orcs have started using these in various places so that we can drop leather and wood and resources in...not to mention umie armor that we smelt from time to time.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jekkis »

Ronk wrote:
Brules wrote:Just put up a table wall if you need and then make it public. IRC me if you need assistance.

Also, you can lock down a chest behind tables. Then it becomes an 'input only' chest. (Def test it out). The orcs have started using these in various places so that we can drop leather and wood and resources in...not to mention umie armor that we smelt from time to time.
This is a brilliant idea, but for this particular case I decided to settle for using the single secure chest a small house allows. As an update, I have now pretty much finished decorating the place and made it public again. It's relatively simple since I need to reserve some lockdowns for the board piles, but I like it. I should have 240k boards racked up this weekend. :)

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

what are you at
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

BlackFoot wrote:what are you at
I think the point is to increase traffic to the area so telling you here would defeat that purpose, no?

Don't be lazy go check :P
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jekkis »

Yeah, hit the beach and check it every now and then - it's not that much of a trouble. I try to add boards there weekly, but what slows down my project is both real-life commitments and also a few days ago I started my own boards vendor at the Moonglow S&S (vendor name Aldercy). You're all most welcome to shop there! For your convenience, I've also hired a vendor at the beach house (Irvin) selling various refreshments for a nominal fee of 5 gold pieces each. So set up a campfire, enjoy a bottle of wine and relax on the beach. :)
Last edited by jekkis on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Abbot

Post by Abbot »

Any time you need help moving boards I'd be more than willing to help. Would love to help any way I can, minus chopping down trees.
<Soma> He may be a pedophile, but he's a damn good smith
<Sheer_Luck> Yeah but all the hally handles smell funny.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

240k boards... for shame!

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jekkis »

BlackFoot wrote:240k boards... for shame!
A bit more now, and grinding the trees of Britannia as we speak!

On a completely different note. If anyone has any experience regarding event planning, I'd be very grateful for help. The whole event ties up with Theograd's house giveaway and the purpose to get visitors to Magincia, the opening of the new S&S Magincia and my challenge for one million boards. Who knows, maybe Kander and his pirates would like to show up to mix things up a little bit when it takes place. ;)

If anyone is interested in helping me, please do contact me in IRC and we can discuss the details.

Oh btw, if you are reading this Theograd: did you move to Yew and opened a shop there?

Caliban

Post by Caliban »

The location lends itself to a beach party - setup a bbq and drinks and have some competitions (best dressed, treasure hunt, race around the island ...)

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

Bare knuckle boxing with a giant serpent.

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

that wouldnt be a bad idea

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Theograd wrote:Bare knuckle boxing with a silver serpent.
Fixed!!

EDIT: actually, it wouldn't be a bad idea to try to round up as many ppl as possible in an attempt to wrestle a silver serp to death. Just sayin'...
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

I would like to see some one try that. Killing one on foot with just ur fist and magery and bandages only to cure and heal.

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I was thinking just that as I read the post.

I think it's doable by one person... 100 Tactics, Wrestling, Anatomy, Healing, Parry. 20 bandages, full invulnerable armor plus shield, 25 heal potions and 80 cure potions. Unfortunately, the combination of wrestling AND parry is quite rare. Maybe you could get by with no parry if you wore full plate armor.

I forget if damage reduced to 0 disrupts bandages... if it doesn't, this seems reasonable. If it does, it might be really tough, since silver serp's have crazy dexterity I believe, and will be swinging 12 times during each 15-second bandage.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

almost half way there!..