The Magincia Beach Giveaway

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: The Magincia Beach Giveaway

Post by jekkis »

BlackFoot wrote:i demand pics when you get a mill boards in there
First of all, thanks again Theograd - hopefully I can do my part in increasing traffic to Magincia.

As to the quote above - of course there must be some sort of proof that I indeed have reached my goal. At this point it looks like I am going to have a hard time accomplishing that goal, as I have also been selling off some boards. It will certainly be a demanding task to have the nerve to sit on a pile of assets that have the liquidity they seem to have...make no mistake though, I intend to give 100% to finishing what I've started.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

I really do suggest you contact Ian. He also had the goal of one million boards, and he accomplished it! he knows what it takes and can surely help you accomplish this monumental task.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

jekkis wrote:
BlackFoot wrote:i demand pics when you get a mill boards in there
First of all, thanks again Theograd - hopefully I can do my part in increasing traffic to Magincia.

As to the quote above - of course there must be some sort of proof that I indeed have reached my goal. At this point it looks like I am going to have a hard time accomplishing that goal, as I have also been selling off some boards. It will certainly be a demanding task to have the nerve to sit on a pile of assets that have the liquidity they seem to have...make no mistake though, I intend to give 100% to finishing what I've started.

Since board can be bought, the only way to prove you actually chopped all that lumber is by leaving it in log form. Just a though.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jekkis »

Nice to see this generating some feedback, and with it publicity.

Thanks for the hint BlackFoot, I must have a chat with Ian - maybe he's got some trade secrets for a new face like me.

As to what you suggest WiseOne, that is an entirely valid point of view, but for me there's a line between hard work and plain torture. As for me, keeping them in log form involves more work and there's enough challenge to hoarde 1,000,000 boards. This is where it comes down to you guys just having to take my word for it, the same way Theograd has done.

Thinking about it I could cheat in many other ways: buy boards under a different handle, manipulate screenshot, get a friend to "testify" I had the boards...and so on. I don't think it would ever be cheat-proof. Besides, if we are to re-define the promise I made afterwards, in the same manner I could for example include all the boards I've sold to the total amount.

Oh, and just as an update. The current count of boards is 110k. :)

Caliban

Post by Caliban »

110k - How long have you spent collecting that?

Brules

Post by Brules »

Im not seeing any boards there?

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jekkis »

Caliban I think it took me around ten days to get that, so something like 11k per day. Some days slightly less, weekends slightly more.

Brules yeah they're not there yet, I have to start moving them there when I've the time...

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

You seem very trustworthy and by no means did my post intend to challenge that. I was just thinking 'out loud' :)
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Caliban

Post by Caliban »

Thanks to the generosity of the Merchants of Britain I have been able to open a vendor in one of these houses in Magincia Beach, he’s the 2nd vendor (with many more to follow) in their latest S&S branch here and can hopefully do his bit to bring more visitors to this excellent location

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jekkis »

WiseOne wrote:You seem very trustworthy and by no means did my post intend to challenge that. I was just thinking 'out loud' :)
I completely understand that. I never thought you'd question my integrity and I hope my reply didn't come out negative towards you. In my opinion you have a very valid point and to be honest, before posting my idea I did think of the same stuff - how to make it cheat-proof and fair for all parties. As I figured there would be no way to do that, I had to establish the backbone of this challenge on some degree of mutual trust - which I know in the world of UO isn't much.

Brules

Post by Brules »

Dude has 120k boards in the house already - impressive!

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jekkis »

Brules wrote:Dude has 120k boards in the house already - impressive!
Thanks - I actually have more in my bank just waiting to be transferred. I apologize for locking the house. I wasn't certain if locked down resources can be used or not...and haven't got an answer yet.

Brules

Post by Brules »

Just put up a table wall if you need and then make it public. IRC me if you need assistance.

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jekkis »

I'll drop you a message when I'm around, would appreciate the help. I'd like to leave some lockdowns for decorating though, so that it isn't just an empty house with boards inside but more of a workshop. :) Now at 180k boards and more coming...

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

Go go jekkis, the Million Board Man!
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]