Event gate interferences.

Topics related to Second Age
Fede

Event gate interferences.

Post by Fede »

Event gate interferences have been discussed in game to the point I decided to make a post about it. During any type of tournament, there will be a second gate on the same tile as the event gate. Obviously this is interfering with players who want to attend events.

I walked into one last night from the one in Britian. The only problem I have with this is, it didn't give me the option to leave guard zone. Fortunately it was Ledouche's gate and I was able to recall out with no problem. However, if Mens Rea performed the same action I would have died.

I may have been given bad information, but I was told by a somewhat reliable source that event gate blocking is illegal? If so, doesn't this type of behavior conflict with that rule?

Thank you.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Event gate interferences.

Post by Ronk »

I agree...events are interfering with in game play. Last time there was a lot of field pvp, an event gate popped up. Half the people left to go play in trammel, the other half logged off due to the lack of anyone to fight.

Events are bad all around.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

How about no event gates at all?

I don't mean no events... but it would be nice to see these events take place in an arena that exists in Britannia, not green acres.

Bag ball is a perfect example of this. You cannot harm/interfere with anyone playing the event, but you can interact with anyone outside of the arena (signup areas) like you would normally.

Invulnerable zones are not era accurate, and should therefore not exist anywhere on UOSA.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31538
this topic already exist
it does give you the message to leave the guard zone in blue towns and you never get a message to leave bucs if thats what you used.
edit
you would of died if i had casted the gate on the proper tile you also came in about 1 second after i casted it you got lucky.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

iamreallysquall wrote:event gates aka trammel gates should not exist anyway its rather lame that people engaged in combat in town can flea right into a event and be totally safe. Event gates for tourneys 2 out of 3 of the locations already have sign up npcs for the event and i vote another be added at the brit location and the option to "spectate" be added and the gates them selfs be removed. Ctf / survival /monster bash gates i vote that all town bank gates for these type events be removed and the town crier or another npc that spawns in the location of the gate be used to sign up. Bag ball event is in the real world and are fine.
on and btw they are quite a few ways to stop this with out staff intervention none of you have even tried.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

goldendog
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by goldendog »

Lelouche got me and I missed the tourny = (

Brules

Post by Brules »

Love it - keep it up Lelouche! Events should not take place in trammel! So I applaud your ability to grief the "ungriefable trammel"!!!!!!

LifeForce

Post by LifeForce »

*thumbsup*

we need more people such casting gates...

new lettuce

Post by new lettuce »

trammel gates ? where in trammel does it take you ? moonglow brit trinny ?

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

new lettuce wrote:trammel gates ? where in trammel does it take you ? moonglow brit trinny ?
green acres...I believe that was said. And yes, trammel has its own green acres.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Fede

Post by Fede »

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... on+phonics

I posted a link for you guys in this thread. It should help you with your reading comprehension.

The initial post was not debating whether or not trammel events should be allowed or not.

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

Agree with Fede, trammel events should not be allowed.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Tayness

Post by Tayness »

what you described does sound like gate blocking to me as well.

Populus

Post by Populus »

applejack wrote:Agree with Fede, trammel events should not be allowed.
Hear hear.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Pacifico

Post by Pacifico »

Its pretty messed up that people are actually making it difficult for people to go to automated events in green acres to get silver

Come on... I thought it was bad enough that I have to run a screen from Brit Bank but now there's some risk to events? Screw that if I wanted that I'd play an era accurate T2A shard