Purchase your tickets! - UPDATED

Buying/Selling Everything Else

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Purchase your tickets! - UPDATED

Post by Robbbb »

At The Yew Lotto shop! Tickets are only 3k!! Get them while they last!!

Drawing style FIXED and updated to be 100% fair and legit!

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=31453

Last edited by Robbbb on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

time2a

Re: Purchase your tickets!

Post by time2a »

so how do we know one of your friends/guild members dont come on an alt with the number alrdy, sounds like a scam to me

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

The numbers will be picked by a broker, such as Telamon...I am going to try and see if I can get the staff involved in the picking as well...

time2a

Post by time2a »

if u can do something on those lines then it would be sweet otherwise i dont really see a turnout as many people have tried to scam through various ways as such

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

A request has been put into the staff for them to pick the numbers randomly every week for legitimacy...until then I will use Telamon for the drawing!

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

I have also added 60k to the prize pool out of my own pocket to get it started.

So the very first drawing has a potential to be 360k!!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Staff should not get involved picking ticket numbers as a way to validate your claims. This is not a shard event, player-event, or any of the such, it's a means for which the shop owner to make money (ie: a Lottery). If you want to make money doing this, you should build a reputation or establish some means in which to prove the odds of the lottery to the purchaser.

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Staff should not get involved picking ticket numbers as a way to validate your claims. This is not a shard event, player-event, or any of the such, it's a means for which the shop owner to make money (ie: a Lottery). If you want to make money doing this, you should build a reputation or establish some means in which to prove the odds of the lottery to the purchaser.

This is not a way to make money as ALL purchases go into the event. The prize pool is 75% of the total tickets purchased and the remaining 25% goes towards paying the vendor. There will be a certain reserve amount saved for the vendor and anything else will be thrown into the total prize pool. I have no intention of making money off of this. I just thought it would be fun for the shard. If you need a reference for me you can ask Telamon and see what he thinks about me.

Chim

Post by Chim »

If the numbers have to match the ticket exactly as in 1234 and not 4321 then you have a 1 in 10000 chance of winning but if you have to match only the numbers in any order you have a very good chance of winning but will have multiple winners. just make it a raffle and save yourself some math.

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

Chim wrote:If the numbers have to match the ticket exactly as in 1234 and not 4321 then you have a 1 in 10000 chance of winning but if you have to match only the numbers in any order you have a very good chance of winning but will have multiple winners. just make it a raffle and save yourself some math.

No it wont work like that each ticket is labeled 1 - 100 and one number will be drawn and that is the winner.

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

Telamon has agreed to pick the winning numbers.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Congratulation to Telamon's guild members on winning the lottery!

Wait, too early...?
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

time2a

Post by time2a »

lool right and i dont think this will happen, i went by the vendor and none of the books have been sold.. lol plus im deff gona change my book to the winning number

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

time2a wrote:lool right and i dont think this will happen, i went by the vendor and none of the books have been sold.. lol plus im deff gona change my book to the winning number
you can change your book # to whatever you want but the security code inside won't match the legit winning book # so it won't do you any good

Telamon

Post by Telamon »

Last edited by Telamon on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.