Pet Guarding, Orneriness, and White Wyrm speed.

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Loathed

Re: Pet Guarding, Orneriness, and White Wyrm speed.

Post by Loathed »

any official word on the pet guarding issue? Is it being worked or is this how it's gonna be? I assume it's in the works but not sure as I've heard no word on it. Will it return to the way it was before or no?

*edit*

also any word on the dragons/wyrmss (pets that fly when running) flying over players that are blocking them in?

Derrick

Re: Pet Guarding, Orneriness, and White Wyrm speed.

Post by Derrick »

Loathed wrote:any official word on the pet guarding issue? Is it being worked or is this how it's gonna be? I assume it's in the works but not sure as I've heard no word on it. Will it return to the way it was before or no?

*edit*

also any word on the dragons/wyrmss (pets that fly when running) flying over players that are blocking them in?
Dragon can fly, and they should be expected to fly over players and moongates. The flying isn't exactly the best implementation and needs some work, but they should be able to fly.

As far as this and other pet AI fixes; I understand that what we have isn't quite right. I would like to have things 100% right, however it's going to be a major project to correct everything. At this time there is no eta for making any major changes to AI. I will look at the issues that are currently on the table and see if i can throw another bandaid on them; but the only way to get things right in whole is going to be a rewrite.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."