Giving away all my stuff! Come Get it.

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Chim

Giving away all my stuff! Come Get it.

Post by Chim »

I've decided to give away my pixel collection. I bought a house that borders a guard zone just south-east of the Yew bank. I figure this way everyone will have a chance to get some loot. I've filled the house with a few years worth of trash I looted from other peoples houses. looting has gotten a lot harder since you can no longer lock down tables on top of stealthing characters.

I'm still going to be playing just not as often and I don't want to have to worry about my houses so I figure why not just give everything away and redeed my property. My first account on this shard was created 1060 days ago I played for about a month then stopped for a year. When I started back up again two years ago I don't think I have taken a break for much more then a week. During this time I mostly townkilled and stealthed houses with bad security. I'm going to explain some of my techniques. If you don’t care I suggest you go to the bottom of the post were I detail when and where the house is going to drop.

Townkilling

A person needs to be around to call guards on someone committing a criminal act. NPCs will do it if they are in the area but there are ways around that as well. To town kill someone you need a character that can gate ,a purple keg and a new character with 50 archery and 50 tactics. The archery and tactics are not that important but they can help if the person is AFK without anyone around to call guards. First get some purple potions in a bag and go looking for a victim. I usually start with banks. Next go up to the person you think is AFK and start snooping them, they will still move if they are not AFK. If they are AFK you got to move fast! Open a gate for your noob character. When I used to do this a year ago it didn’t prompt you with a yes or no question when you would walk into a gate that left town, so I would stash my Noob at the chaos shrine. Having your noob at the chaos shrine is good because when he gets guard wacked he can just step in the gate and be ressed and throwing pots within seconds. But now because of the yes or no prompt you are better off keeping your noob inside a guard zone but away from any NPCs or people.

Place the bag of purple pots on the ground near the gate. have your noob character throw two potions then hop back through the gate, this will prevent auto guard wacking, do this til you kill the person. If the victim is alone and has no NPCs around just chuck purples at him and shoot him with arrows he won’t last long. I've used this method to kill hundreds of people. I got Wise twice, once while he was on top of the glow bank and another time he was in his tower to close to a wall. I got Hemporer once. He took it really well. I also got Guardian Knight like 4 times. Also when you are looting a blue corpse if you drag the items off the corpse and on to the ground you won’t have the npcs auto call guards on you.

Looting Houses

After the patch came that changed it so you could no longer place and lock a table down over a stealthed character, stealthing lost its purpose. I had two stealth guys and what I would do is wait for the homeowner to remove the table security from his unlocked house then I would follow him and when he went to put the table back down it would be locked down on top of my guy. If you want to stealth someone and really stay close to them without pushing them out the way and revealing yourself. Just buy a magical wizards hat from the mage shop and wear it until you see the homeowner then have a macro to unequip it and it will lower your stam so you won’t be able to push past the person you are stealthing.

The other way is of course poor table placement and getting a ghost in to be ressed at a later time. Everyone knows how to do that though.

EV cleaning service

After they made stealthing useless I ran out of things to do. I still found myself wandering around the wilderness checking house security, but without a way to stealth past the tables my prospects dried up. So what I started doing was going into unlocked houses and casting EV to smash up everything that was not locked down. I did this to pretty much every house and tower that had an unlocked front door or a tower wing that wasn't secure. Most people know that you can cast and EV on to a tower wing but not alot of people realize you can do the same to any area where you have access to the floor below. Say a tower has a blocked off second floor but you can still get to the top of the staircase. All you need to do is target the floor where you want the EV to appear then go back down the stairs and cast it on the floor below the tile and use last target. I learned that it is also a pain in the ass to guide an EV down three flights of stairs.

Griefing

I only play this game because there is no other game were you can truly ruin someone’s day. In other MMOs death is a mild inconvenience but in UO you can lose everything in seconds if you're not careful. That is what makes the game fun, that constant sense of danger. I enjoy griefing noobs as much as the next guy but at the same time I try my best to gave them cash and explain why they should train herding and how most of the skills they want to train are useless.
UO is a cruel game and I think a lot of us forget that because everything in the game is second nature to us. We know not to open a box lying on the ground or that looting a blue corpse will get you killed. That is why I prefer griefing more established players because the playing field is level. Anyways be nice to noob ass noobs.

Some funny stuff I remember from the shard.

Once I town killed some noob with purple potions and he had nothing but trash on him. Well he comes up to me and starts threatening me telling me that I better give him back his stuff or else. He had like a torch and some ringmail armor and a wand of harm that was out of charges. If he had asked nicely I would have given it back no problem. Hell if he asked me nicely I would have given him a small house I don’t give a shit. But he said he was going to call the GM and have me banned for hacking or something. I couldn't resist messing with him some more so I started to pretend his threats really scared me and I begged him not to call a GM. Meanwhile I took my other character, outfitted him in a white robe and hat and went to the scene to impersonate a GM.
When I got there as a fake GM I asked the man I had griefed with my other character "Do you want to permanently ban this person and all his accounts" and this guy was all “Yes I do” while I was pretending to plead for my account with my other guy. I then opened a gate with my fake GM guy and told him that we were going to "Judgment Island” It was one of the really small islands that you find in the rune books at loops tower. Anyways we all go there and I ask this guy once more if he is sure he wants to ban my other character for what he did. The guy again answers yes. So then I placed a boat in the water got on it rode around the island calling the guy a fag then killed him with a bow.

One of the few times I was actually townkilled was by chumbucket and his stealth archer army they got me while I was on the roof of the yew bank. I wasn't even mad, I was impressed.
The bulk of my money came from looting a house that had two rare flasks inside a chest. Someone made the mistake of leaving a interior door key inside a bookcase. I sold those two flasks for 1.6 mil to a tamer. Not to shabby for a couple minutes of work.

Anyways here is what is going to happen
Where: Southeast Of Yew Bank
When: Saturday Night August 6th at 9 or 10 CST (Sunday if I can’t log on Saturday but plan for it to happen Saturday) I’ll announce it on IRC before I do it.
What is in the loot? There is everything I have accumulated over the last three years that I didn’t see fit to smelt or sell. I put a CBD in there someplace and I think a beard cream. There are lots and lots of holiday things as well. I mean lots of holiday trash. I think I’ll even stack 50k on the floor.
Attachments
CHIM.GIF
CHIM.GIF (169.87 KiB) Viewed 3045 times

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Giving away all my stuff! Come Get it.

Post by jekkis »

That's a nice way to go out. I was actually nearby your house when you announced this on IRC and immediately sprinted there - too bad I didn't read it properly that it was going to be on later. What's even worse is that the timezone pretty much prevents me from attending, but good luck to everyone at the scene when the time comes. :)

I was greedily hovering over the piles of gold only to find out they're behind a locked door, but I still appreciate this - you have the ability to take this as a game, not something more important than everything else out there...

Populus

Post by Populus »

Great post, great event. We all know you're not quitting. You're just taking a break.

What are your characters?
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

jekkis wrote:What's even worse is that the timezone pretty much prevents me from attending, but good luck to everyone at the scene when the time comes. :)
This. Good luck to all the other ppl though! ;)

Silent Killer

Post by Silent Killer »

Do this Monday nite so ican be there xD
Image Image

fortin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fortin »

Epic drop thanks again.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Pic of moments after the house drop, and team "a bazooka" making a mess of things.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

lol at fador corpse
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Rose wrote:Pic of moments after the house drop, and team "a bazooka" making a mess of things.
Yea, only had two of us on at the time, so we couldn't do anything too spectactular :(... One of my bazookas got 12 murder counts from this event, and I'm still macroing him off.
Oh well... I regret nothing!
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Return to “Player Run Events”