Dark/Silver Steed Spawn...

Topics related to Second Age
Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Dark/Silver Steed Spawn...

Post by Teknix »

so at chum's house drop (very fun, you will be missed chum) i saw a dark steed just spawn out of no where. derrick told me they do spawn during this era.

this got me to wondering where the heck the these steeds spawn? the one i saw today just seemed random to me...

i r noob help plz? :mrgreen:
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Dark/Silver Steed Spawn...

Post by DrFaustus »

Teknix wrote:so at chum's house drop (very fun, you will be missed chum) i saw a dark steed just spawn out of no where. derrick told me they do spawn during this era.

this got me to wondering where the heck the these steeds spawn? the one i saw today just seemed random to me...

i r noob help plz? :mrgreen:
I could only assume somewhere like T2A surrounded by Balrons and stuff of that nature...
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Until today I have never seen a purple horse. I question the 'they spawned in T2A' comment ;-0
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

<Silver> what was up with the dark steed that spawned?
<BiscoPhan> hey why did that dark steed spawn by chum's house during the event?
<@Derrick[afk]> Dark Steeds and Silver Steeds actually were in era

this was in irc earlier
chumbucket wrote:
Roleplays?!?

platy

Post by platy »

yes this info is in the wiki i beleive.. i saw info on it during a few UOHoC chats.. I thought i read they were "supposed" to be in during era but never "actually" made it.. if so then Derrick + Staff did us a favor in implementing them since OSI said they would but never did (at least idont remember them)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

My understanding of the Dark and Silver steeds is that they were available on SP but were never meant to make it onto the regular shards, but ended up there anyway as a result of some bug/exploit, and that they were deleted on sight by staff. There are many reports of seeing these in game during era, but the method of obtaining one is unknown to me.

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

They're sexy. I want one. lol
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Xukluk Tuguznal wrote:They're sexy. I want one. lol
Yes...yes...I am sure they are delicious.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

Derrick wrote:There are many reports of seeing these in game during era, but the method of obtaining one is unknown to me.
i digg it

maybe because a evil wandering healer was placed there...who knows
chumbucket wrote:
Roleplays?!?

Fireball
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fireball »

Derrick wrote:My understanding of the Dark and Silver steeds is that they were available on SP but were never meant to make it onto the regular shards, but ended up there anyway as a result of some bug/exploit, and that they were deleted on sight by staff. There are many reports of seeing these in game during era, but the method of obtaining one is unknown to me.
Hello,

This is an old thread, but as a lucky owner of a Silver Steed on the Atlantic shard, I can tell you that they did spawn there, but only for one day in the Oasis area in T2A. Allegedly this was done by one of the designers for a bit of a laugh and I was very lucky to be one of the few people to get one. In fact, I still have it, as far as I am aware (because I have not paid for my account since 2010 so can't log in), but didn't ever take it to town or stable it as we were told they should not exist and that any seen would be deleted. Later they added it to the bannable offence list for some ridiculous reason, so I only ever logged it on so I could ogle it when I was feeling low! I did once email OSI for clarification about it before they decided it would get you banned, but I never got a response. The fact that it is on their ban list should be evidence enough that they existed.

On Siege Perilous, they were available for a short while as part of the Hero/Evil system but I don't think they ever spawned there naturally, they were summoned on command. The Dark Steed was basically the same as a Nightmare but the Silver and Dark Steeds cast slightly different spells if I remember correctly. Not relevant here, unless you plan on introducing the Hero/Evil faction system which would certainly get my vote! :)

However, if you wanted to be strictly era-accurate, you could ask an errant GM to set a Silver Steed spawner for a day and then chastise him for it afterwards :lol: The data for the Silver Steed in RunUO, though, is not accurate. Mine is/was equipped with pretty much the same stats as a regular Nightmare but without the evil tendencies.

Here's a pic of me on "her" in my house. As you can see this is after the trees all died and we were able to dye crates, and had reward tree tubs but before custom housing, which may date it. But as I said; I still have it now as far as I am aware...

<@BoomlandJenkins> I don't favor anyone here, I hate all of you equally as much as the next player :)

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

Always cool seein osi screenshots thanks for posting
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

that thing is so sick.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Fireball wrote: However, if you wanted to be strictly era-accurate, you could ask an errant GM to set a Silver Steed spawner for a day and then chastise him for it afterwards :lol:
This just happened a few weeks ago, but without the "steed" part, and it lasted longer than one day.

Spamlet

Post by Spamlet »

I see what you did there. :shock:

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Looks less trammel then some of the ridiculousness I see on some bank sitters here in Uosa.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation