Era Accuracy + IBD

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
iamreallysquall

Re: Era Accuracy + IBD

Post by iamreallysquall »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Yes but clearly the old CUB system should be grandfathered in, and we should accept that it did not include item bless deeds.
no ibds then no fully blessed gf tanks running around oh well whats next item insurance ?
oh and as far as gf blessed clothing lol you would not even think oh il run around naked if it weren't for a non era accurate mistake that made cloths that were blessed unbreakable. whats wrong with stuff that breaks, my sandals will never break and they aren't gf its called layering your all just worried about your non era accurate mask breaking so don't wear it then.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

iamreallysquall wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:Yes but clearly the old CUB system should be grandfathered in, and we should accept that it did not include item bless deeds.
no ibds then no fully blessed gf tanks running around oh well whats next item insurance ?
oh and as far as gf blessed clothing lol you would not even think oh il run around naked if it weren't for a non era accurate mistake that made cloths that were blessed unbreakable. whats wrong with stuff that breaks, my sandals will never break and they aren't gf its called layering your all just worried about your non era accurate mask breaking so don't wear it then.

kwhiz73
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kwhiz73 »

I believe silver turn in for IBD's is silly.

The whole silver thing to me is totally era inaccurate in itself. If there was another CUB that allowed for the purchasing of an IBD, I suppose that would make sense. Is there really a reason for it though? I thought that the original CUB back in 99 or whenever was designed to eliminate pixels and reduce lag--is that a problem here?

Catering to the population that already controls the vast majority of the silver distribution (and all the current rewards that go along with it)is something I'm against. If there was a system in place that would reward all players who have the resources to put forth the required effort, then I would be more agreeable. The secondage economy already leans too heavy towards the buying and selling of silver and silver related items considering silver didn't even exist during this era.

Clearly I wasn't around for the first CUB (I'm only assuming there was one based on the previous posts). I view the CUB as more of an event, rather than a mechanic thats trying to be emulated. Rather than have another CUB, maybe having a veteran reward system in place that includes item bless deeds would be a better approach. Maybe rewarding players based on their time playing this shard, rather than their playstyle would make more sense--dunno--just throwing it out there if these item bless deeds are just that important to folks.

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

kwhiz73 wrote:I believe silver turn in for IBD's is silly.

The whole silver thing to me is totally era inaccurate in itself. If there was another CUB that allowed for the purchasing of an IBD, I suppose that would make sense. Is there really a reason for it though? I thought that the original CUB back in 99 or whenever was designed to eliminate pixels and reduce lag--is that a problem here?

Catering to the population that already controls the vast majority of the silver distribution (and all the current rewards that go along with it)is something I'm against. If there was a system in place that would reward all players who have the resources to put forth the required effort, then I would be more agreeable. The secondage economy already leans too heavy towards the buying and selling of silver and silver related items considering silver didn't even exist during this era.

Clearly I wasn't around for the first CUB (I'm only assuming there was one based on the previous posts). I view the CUB as more of an event, rather than a mechanic thats trying to be emulated. Rather than have another CUB, maybe having a veteran reward system in place that includes item bless deeds would be a better approach. Maybe rewarding players based on their time playing this shard, rather than their playstyle would make more sense--dunno--just throwing it out there if these item bless deeds are just that important to folks.
yea give us vets some reward for beeing loyal for years, idc if its only something u can lock down in your house or make it non tradeable problem solved.

+ yea meatron there was only one CUB but we also already had UOR era by now so we pretty stuck now and need to start from the begining = new CUB = chance for newbies to get aswell some items = more players.
think about it.
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Arsen wrote:

yea give us vets some reward for beeing loyal for years, idc if its only something u can lock down in your house or make it non tradeable problem solved.

+ yea meatron there was only one CUB but we also already had UOR era by now so we pretty stuck now and need to start from the begining = new CUB = chance for newbies to get aswell some items = more players.
think about it.
Vets are the last people who need rewards. In addition, the rewards were for being a good customer...thus if anyone got rewards it should be those who donate and/or regularly donate. Of course, this would go against what the shard stands for and so it shouldn't happen either.

As for CUB. Derrick needs to make a public statement that it will never happen. Otherwise people are going to keep hording junk in hopes of cashing it into a CUB some day. Its counter productive. People are hoarding and making Britannia messy because they are expecting a CUB and want to be prepared. Its like telling someone that in five weeks you are gonna give them 10 cents for every can they pick up off the side of the road. They are going to just start hoarding cans and dumping them and making a mess so that in 5 weeks they can cash in.

This shard is way too small for free trammel item giveaways.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

Ronk wrote:
Arsen wrote:

think about it.
Vets are the last people who need rewards. In addition, the rewards were for being a good customer...thus if anyone got rewards it should be those who donate and/or regularly donate. Of course, this would go against what the shard stands for and so it shouldn't happen either.

As for CUB. Derrick needs to make a public statement that it will never happen. Otherwise people are going to keep hording junk in hopes of cashing it into a CUB some day. Its counter productive. People are hoarding and making Britannia messy because they are expecting a CUB and want to be prepared. Its like telling someone that in five weeks you are gonna give them 10 cents for every can they pick up off the side of the road. They are going to just start hoarding cans and dumping them and making a mess so that in 5 weeks they can cash in.

This shard is way too small for free trammel item giveaways.
why are vets the last ppl who need rewards? most of us helped newplayers a lot and made many events. iam not asking for something uber rare someone can resell. more like a trophy with name and date on it a special one as example.

to the cub events and how the shard is way to small for one.... when we had the first cub the shard was way smaller...

we stuck at the year 99 so we need to start from the begining based on events and holiday gifts.
do you want to see ppl collecting like 15cbds every christmas for like 3years? i dont think so.
pce
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Arsen wrote: why are vets the last ppl who need rewards? most of us helped newplayers a lot and made many events. iam not asking for something uber rare someone can resell. more like a trophy with name and date on it a special one as example.
Because vets have plenty of stuff. If your idea of rewards is a trophey, fine, maybe. But if its things you wear, use, etc...then hell no. The long term players already have the best housing spots, the most gold, and the most uber rares that'll never appear again. Plus they have grandfathered items of all types. They don't need free giveaways as well.

Regardless of whether vets need them or not, as I said, vet rewards was there to reward long term 'customers'. No one here is a customer, thus there is no need for rewards. If you want to reward people who do a lot of events...then do that. Don't blanket reward people just because they happened to register their account 3 years ago...thats not an accomplishment and theres no guarantee they are event active in the server.
Arsen wrote: to the cub events and how the shard is way to small for one.... when we had the first cub the shard was way smaller...

we stuck at the year 99 so we need to start from the begining based on events and holiday gifts.
do you want to see ppl collecting like 15cbds every christmas for like 3years? i dont think so.
pce
Then the simple solution is to stop giving shit away at christmas. Not to tell everyone horde everything they can so they can get more free stuff. Either way, id rather someone have 15 cbs deeds horded away than have someone buying up tons of low quality magic gear so they can horde it away in hopes of a CUB.

I have always felt, even back in the OSI world, that free giveaways ruin the game. They were only ever done to encourage more payers and subscribers and to encourage people to keep paying and playing. They were never implemented to 'reward' people or make the game better. That reason alone is enough reason for me to be against it.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

ahh greed........
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Ronk wrote:As for CUB. Derrick needs to make a public statement that it will never happen.
Luckily, this statement was already given.

As for Item Bless Deeds, they are something we would like to add in game, but it will not be done through the silver system, nor as a simple handout for a holiday. Beyond that, we haven't decided if, how, or when they will be added in to the game.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Kaivan wrote:As for Item Bless Deeds, they are something we would like to add in game, but it will not be done through the silver system, nor as a simple handout for a holiday. Beyond that, we haven't decided if, how, or when they will be added in to the game.
TIME FOR TRUSTY OLD MENS REA TO INTRODUCE THE PRINCIPLE OF:

"GAME BREAKING DEVELOPMENT MISTAKE BY EA" CONCEPT

- DO NOT IMPLEMENT -

BAD IDEA.

I will leave this on the record for future reference.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Mens Rea wrote:
Kaivan wrote:As for Item Bless Deeds, they are something we would like to add in game, but it will not be done through the silver system, nor as a simple handout for a holiday. Beyond that, we haven't decided if, how, or when they will be added in to the game.

- DO NOT IMPLEMENT -

BAD IDEA.

I support Mens Rea in this respect.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Mens Rea wrote:

- DO NOT IMPLEMENT -

BAD IDEA.

I support Mens Rea in this respect.
Me too.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Kaivan wrote:
Ronk wrote:As for CUB. Derrick needs to make a public statement that it will never happen.
Luckily, this statement was already given.
Awesome, good to know :-)
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Drunk Monk

Post by Drunk Monk »

Only if someone blesses a bag, then sells to me via Ebay as per OSI accuracy. Until my stupid IRL friend borrows it and gets banned for FS'ing people in a white robe. There is era accuracy and then there is ERA ACCURACY. It's up to staff to implement, so just drop it.
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

On great lakes there were two blessed weapons that were commonly known about.

One was a blessed Katana, owned by Duncun. there was also a long spear owned by a girl, i forget her name but she went on to use it with her disarm thief and became quite infamous with it. lady prim rose? or something weird like that. It was always hinted that she couldn't speak English.

At the end of the day, they were really not that big a deal. Weapons wear fairly quickly, and even thoough these weapons that were blesed were +25 vanqs, they still only saw battle for a short time before being put away for good.
[broken image]