Era Accuracy + IBD

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Era Accuracy + IBD

Post by GuardianKnight »

I'm getting tired of you, tekai! WTF aren't you playing?

Get back in UoH and represent!
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Blessed weps now!? WTF hell no.....

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

My first baby is being born in October! otherwise i might put some more time in.

I keep my properties up, incase there comes a day where i have more time.

My biggest problems with playing on this server is everything I like to do is so very nerfed it makes me sad.

Im not a hally mage at heart, im just not.

I made 2 of them, got 200+ PK kills total, but at the end of the day that isnt why I wanted to play UO.

Im a tamer and a thief and a dexer poisoner.. both currently all but unplayable. Should that change I may try again, but all the things i fought for were turned down due to lack of proof.

I couldnt find proof of all kill, we can't find proof of deadly poison not being a joke, and thieves cant steal anything worth a shit.

UO wasnt a pvp game, and UOSA is a PVP only atmosphere.

I love this shard, im proud of my time that i put in and i Hope to hold my assets for a long time to come, if any of my 3 favorite things to do gets its day in the sun, ill play again for sure.

One last thing that made me not want to play was being bullied out of IRC. When i would log into IRC, that told malice that I was online. He hunted me quite vigorously for a long time. He would wait for me at my safe house, and bring his buddies in a gank squad every time I rolled my 100k gear'ed week long statloss reds. So I couldn't even hally mage anymore. It was ok for awhile during RIP's hay day and i had friends of my own, but luca and myself have always hated using Vent Sinqs'. And this server is nothing but people vent sinqing in the field.

So all told I was kinda pushed away from the game because malice had a thing for me. We had good fights, he enjoyed fighting me but after awhyle it wore me down not being able to solo pk. taking away the IRC community was the worst though.

not whining, not blaming him, but that is what happend.
[broken image]

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Our problems here are simple.

[*]Cut off date needs moved up past broken game play mechanics.

/end
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I for one love the idea of grandfathered blessed neon garb sporting blessed 25 vanq hally toting newbie reg using tank mages running around. Yes this sounds like a great idea.

/sarcasm.

I think everyone understands why this is a bad idea. The only reason sandro brought this up is to provoke discussion on other topics, namely grandfathered clothing. I had a new 25 vanq indes longspear on pacific that was blessed and I used it regularly. It lasted well up until the changes post UO:R (Was it AOS?) where vanq did not mean anything and the game became all about resist types. I hunted with it, I fought with it, and it still lasted that long.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

And in AOS you could rub magic dust on it and get all of it's durability back.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Bump for era accuracy & picking and choosing
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

You had the opportunity to point this out when CUB was implemented.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Mens Rea wrote:You had the opportunity to point this out when CUB was implemented.
They also had the opportunity to add this item to the list when the CUB was implemented.

Let's pick and choose.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Please explain what you are getting at instead of being all cryptic.

What is your opinion?

What do you want Derrick to do in relation to this opinion?

You can even make a bullet pointed list.

That way there will be no misunderstanding of what you think and what you want done.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Era Accuracy of course!

Make the item obtainable in the game just as it was in era, what else?

The excuse that they already ran a CUB and won't again, is moot. If they would have done it correct the first time we wouldn't be having this problem.

What is left to explain?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Sandro wrote:Era Accuracy of course!

Make the item obtainable in the game just as it was in era, what else?

The excuse that they already ran a CUB and won't again, is moot. If they would have done it correct the first time we wouldn't be having this problem.

What is left to explain?
Naturally that means the item bless deed should be added to the CUB reward list, and in the traditions of grandfathering, there should not be another CUB. Unless of course you mean to say that all the old grandfathered stuff should be reverted because you know "If they would have done it correct the first time...".

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Yep, that works for me.

Revert the shard back to the CUB time and let's try it again.

Anything in the name of era accuracy.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Sandro wrote:Yep, that works for me.

Revert the shard back to the CUB time and let's try it again.

Anything in the name of era accuracy.
Hey I am fully behind you on that one. In fact, let's revert to day 1 so we can catch all those other mistakes that were grandfathered in.

Telamon

Post by Telamon »

Last edited by Telamon on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.