The Fall of Cove (Screenshots)

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

The Fall of Cove (Screenshots)

Post by Ronk »

The Bloodrock orcs gathered at their orc fort, fending off the caves of demons summoned by the K^A knights. Krothu paced (which to an orc means put his axe in someones head) while waiting for reports from our scouts.
orc1.jpg
orc1.jpg (169.16 KiB) Viewed 3969 times
The news came, our armies were gathered. The orcish mojokas opened a gate from the alter of Krenbluk to the rival cove orc fort. The Bloodrock orcs poured through...
orc2.jpg
orc2.jpg (157.95 KiB) Viewed 3969 times
The Bloodrock orcs rushed past the cove fort defenses, down the mountain pass, and up to the city gates. The guards which are normally stationed here were already slain by the advance scouts, the city was ripe for the plucking.
orc3.jpg
orc3.jpg (131.2 KiB) Viewed 3969 times
orc4.jpg
orc4.jpg (231.5 KiB) Viewed 3969 times
The orcs spread out in the city slaying every human they found, none were spared. One merchant screamed futility for the guards never realizing how futile an attempt it was.
orc5.jpg
orc5.jpg (101.17 KiB) Viewed 3969 times
orc6.jpg
orc6.jpg (143.37 KiB) Viewed 3969 times
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The Fall of Cove (Screenshots)

Post by Ronk »

The Bloodrock orcs, after slaying most of the towns folk, regrouped at the northern fields. They gathered in a line to pay respect to their chieftain, Krothu, and the orcish shamans.
orc7.jpg
orc7.jpg (113.86 KiB) Viewed 3963 times
The order was given, all orcs were to hide! With many snickers, the clan took up their hiding spots around the field. A lone mojoka taunted humans via pigeon. Apparently, the humans did not believe their city had fallen. One human scout came to investigate. "An orc and a demon in town?", He thought.
orc8.jpg
orc8.jpg (217.07 KiB) Viewed 3963 times
One by one the orcs stepped out of hiding. The lone human realized his folly and the mistake he made in placing too much faith in the guards.
orc9.jpg
orc9.jpg (217.5 KiB) Viewed 3963 times
orc10.jpg
orc10.jpg (230.46 KiB) Viewed 3963 times
orc11.jpg
orc11.jpg (206.22 KiB) Viewed 3963 times
orc12.jpg
orc12.jpg (210.89 KiB) Viewed 3963 times
orc13.jpg
orc13.jpg (214.21 KiB) Viewed 3963 times
After toying with and slaying the human, Krothu ordered the orcs to line up for the final battle 'pep talk'. He surveyed his orcs...ise...ta...tra... ...zat...zat zat ta. Twenty two orcs. It had been some time before he saw the Bloodrock in such force. Cove stood no chance.
orc14.jpg
orc14.jpg (175.43 KiB) Viewed 3963 times
Last edited by Ronk on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

With the order given, the Bloodrock orcs made a final sweep through the city, slaughtering any humans that were missed. They arrived at the city gates one more, knowing a counter attack was likely to come after the death of the scout.
orc15.jpg
orc15.jpg (189.77 KiB) Viewed 3956 times
The first human to come made the mistake of not coming through the front gate. She had thought to run through, see our numbers, and flee. Her only mistake is underestimating the speed at which the Bloodrock orcs will surround a person. In no time at all she was surrounded by orcs and stone, ripped of her horse, and slain. Ne'rull promptly cut out the horses fetus and ate it.
orc16.jpg
orc16.jpg (230.69 KiB) Viewed 3956 times
The humans counter strike finally appeared at the gates. Only this time, Coves strong defenses were working against them. The battle raged with both sides taking pot shots as the gates swung open. The orcs had no need to go out and give up their prize and the humans were too fearful (or too smart) to run in.
orc17.jpg
orc17.jpg (235.27 KiB) Viewed 3956 times
One human teleported onto the battlements thinking he was sneaky. The orcs quickly countered and he was run through in no time...and his horse eaten.
orc18.jpg
orc18.jpg (75.92 KiB) Viewed 3956 times
Sturm shouted at the orcs and taunted, "Why are you so afraid to come out and fight us?". Though his choice of words were not quite so nice.
orc19.jpg
orc19.jpg (164.38 KiB) Viewed 3956 times
Though there is one problem with taunting orcs and making demands...you might just get what you asked for. The orcs rushed the gate, taking down Sturm as they passed by, and scattering the humans milling about outside.
orc20.jpg
orc20.jpg (167.89 KiB) Viewed 3956 times
orc21.jpg
orc21.jpg (149.64 KiB) Viewed 3956 times
The evening in Cove began to wind down. Many humans were completely caught off guard by the number of orcs and those who didn't flee soon laid dead. Valiant attempts were made to enter the city and combat the orcs but they all ended the same...krimp and clomp.
orc22.jpg
orc22.jpg (210.38 KiB) Viewed 3956 times
orc23.jpg
orc23.jpg (108.32 KiB) Viewed 3956 times
NOOOOOOGRAAAHH Bludchok-hai!

*Stay tuned, this won't be the last city to fall.
Last edited by Ronk on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

OMG that is alot of orcs......

Charla

Post by Charla »

Great Pics. thanks for sharing.

and congrats on win.

Westra

random guy

Post by random guy »

NOOGGRRAAHH BLUDCHOK HAI

Greenmoon

Post by Greenmoon »

lol definitely the largest force I've seen from us so far. If you're reading this and you haven't fought with us or against us...you're missing out! Sure beats the graveyard hohoho!

Vilenarios
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Vilenarios »

Standing at a chokepoint and paraganking... Excellent strategy. Silly umies should have gone in through the other side

Lagrath

Post by Lagrath »

I'm new to the server, and I was wondering if there were any orc guilds...for some time on Lake Superior I ran a small orc guild out of my home right in front of Cove. I am really happy to see such awesome activity here on T2A.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Lagrath wrote:I'm new to the server, and I was wondering if there were any orc guilds...for some time on Lake Superior I ran a small orc guild out of my home right in front of Cove. I am really happy to see such awesome activity here on T2A.
Not only is there an orc guild, its one of the two most famous. The Bloodrock played back on Great Lakes in the real T2A era and prior/beyond. This is from the offical UO webpage in august of 2000...just after T2A...

http://web.archive.org/web/200008150654 ... om/guilds/

Notice the #1 guild under wars ;-) We were also Chaos to boot.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

TheDaz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by TheDaz »

Great story guys. I wish I'd been out there to fight you! Congrats on taking Cove!

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

The humans did come is through gates the back way a few times,every once in awhile they would get a snaga,but we responded pretty fast with all the orcs that were there.

Congrats to Jada Silvermoon? and the Musashi guy,I dont think we got Jada at all and we couldnt get the other guy until he went in the battlements.

Great fun,other than ending up red and in stat........lol

I think we fought for a bit over 2 hours.

random guy

Post by random guy »

TheDaz wrote:Great story guys. I wish I'd been out there to fight you! Congrats on taking Cove!
More Urk events comming soon so watch for those.... :mrgreen:

Greenmoon

Post by Greenmoon »

Ya pretty sure we never actually caught Jada...and I was laughing so hard a couple time watching about 6 of us try and chase an ummie down on foot. Looked like a damn parade! Hohohoho!

Lagrath

Post by Lagrath »

Ronk wrote:
Lagrath wrote:I'm new to the server, and I was wondering if there were any orc guilds...for some time on Lake Superior I ran a small orc guild out of my home right in front of Cove. I am really happy to see such awesome activity here on T2A.
Not only is there an orc guild, its one of the two most famous. The Bloodrock played back on Great Lakes in the real T2A era and prior/beyond. This is from the offical UO webpage in august of 2000...just after T2A...

http://web.archive.org/web/200008150654 ... om/guilds/

Notice the #1 guild under wars ;-) We were also Chaos to boot.
That's awesome. Thinking back, I vaguely remember playing on Great Lakes with the Bloodrock for a short bit with an orc character when I was trying to see how to set up my little guild on LS. Glad to see them on this server.